Old 05-13-09, 12:12 PM
PlatyPius
Arsehole

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by mshalett
Wow, I guess I made a BIG MISTAKE because I just bought a good used P3C with Blackwell Research CF 50's on eBay for $2,000, as my first tri bike.

I didn't go online and read this most informative thread containing LOTS of valuable data to consider when looking at buying a Cervelo.

I just looked in the transition area at the Ironman 70.3 just held here last month and did my research.

I saw lots and lots of Cervelo's which to me meant they were a good bike and, from that I deduced that they would have a good resale value.

I don't subscribe to bike mags so no marketing was involved. In fact, the only Cervelo experience I had was to go to LBS to see if the bike for sale was the right size before I made an offer on eBay. A friend & his wife are doing IM have a Colnago and an '05 Cervelo P3C told me that I couldn't buy a P3C for that cheap and to BUY IT RIGHT NOW!

BTW, I looked at a '05 Kestrel Airfoil Pro for around the same price but I didn't like the fact that if I decided I didn't like it, I might have trouble selling it.

So, that's it. Another dumb newbie bites on the Cervelo marketing blitz. NOT! I just think the bikes appear to be very well thought out and efficient. And I don't think they are nearly as "whizzy" as the higher end, more expensive bikes, just good solid machines.

My only other bike is a '69 Raleigh Pro white.

Yes, I am old and dumb.
I see lots and lots of Pacifics and Huffys daily. Maybe I should buy a couple.