Old 06-07-09, 12:27 AM
TIOS
Going on a Paramount Hunt

Bikes: 1987 Eisentraut Rainbow Trout, 1970? Coppi, 1986 TREK 500 Tri Series, 196? Legnano Super Sport, 1993 Klein Rascal

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by notfrench
And back! Did anyone score anything good?

I was contemplating the Shogun that was going for $180.. just as non-buyer's remorse, does anyone recall the model, or the tubing? I totally forgot to check it out.
I wasn't planning on going but since I woke up early I considered it fate and headed across the Richmond / San Rafael bridge and got there just after 8AM. It was crowded already with a good early turnout. I saw that black Shogun and took a good look at it. I didn't see any tubing stickers and there was not a model name on it from what I could tell. I didn't ask any questions of the seller since I wasn't looking for any more bikes - Got plenty of projects in the making already! I thought the Shogun was fairly priced for the condition it was in. The seller had it labeled as a touring bike but it only had single eyelets on the rear dropouts I think.

Lot's of interesting bikes and stuff but I forgot my camera in my rush to get out the door...

I picked up a few things; an Aheadset threadless 1 1/8 headset and a pack of carbon spacers for it, a Shimano SC 105 bottom bracket, some period correct Schwinn toeclips for the Chrome Varsity rebuild that will happen someday and some front and rear Blackburn touring racks for BlankCrows. The best find was a Cinelli stem with some Nitto mustache bars for a very fair price. I saw the same Cinelli stem for $45 at another booth later on and I paid a Hamilton less for both.
1993 Klein Rascal

"...Because I don't know what I'm talking about..."