View Single Post
Old 07-01-09, 06:10 PM
cranky old dude

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by cyclinfool
On vacation this week - had plans for many a long bike ride, lots of hiking and canoeing. It was rained every day. Have managed to get a few short rides in but the woods are a muddy mess full of man eating bugs - no decent hiking and don't think about going to far in a canoe - open water and lightning don't mix. Thank goodness I am not stuck in a tent.

Oh well - maybe better weather coming, there is an 80 mile loop I want to do.
You've had a much wetter June than we have on this side of the State. We're getting hit but the rains are very localized and short lived.

My six days off started Friday evening and ends this Friday at 04:00am. I've ridden dry every day so far....90 beautiful miles on Sat, two rides between rains on Sunday for a total of 25 miles, Two rides Monday between rains for a total of 50 miles, a 30 miler yesterday and this evening I did a 17 mile round trip to an ice cream stand 4 miles from my home. I have not been rained on yet.

The weather dude said we can blame active Alaskan Volcanic activity combined with a weak El Nino for a cool Summer this year. Yeh, O.K., so we'll save money on air-conditioning.