View Single Post
Old 08-17-09, 10:00 AM
Road Fan

Bikes: 1980 Masi, 1984 Mondonico, 1984 Trek 610, 1980 Woodrup Giro, 2005 Mondonico Futura Leggera ELOS, 1967 PX10E, 1971 Peugeot UO-8

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1856 Post(s)
Liked 664 Times in 506 Posts
Originally Posted by TruF
Thanks everybody. Still gathering information before taking another plunge. This is very helpful.

Road Fan, I ride a Ruby Specialized in a 51. Fits me like a glove. Hard to translate the geometry of that bike to a classic ride because it has "compact" geometry. (And I'm not even sure what that means!) I had a computerized bike fitting done before getting my Ruby, and it suggests a 513 c-c seat tube and 521 c-c top tube. (I'm long-limbed with a short torso...)
Several measurements could be used to build a comparison. The overall criteria in matching up the frames are BB height (or, given the same wheel size, BB drop), height of the top of the headtube above ground, and top tube effective length (distance from top of head tube to the axis of the seat tube, measured parallel to the ground plane).

I don't know if you're interested in a classic Masi, but mine might be your size and is on offer. We can talk more on PM or email if you like. Same for my Mondonico.

The Masi grew up in SoCal, and would be happier to live in the warm weather of his youth.