View Single Post
Old 10-10-09, 04:24 AM
tpreitzel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tpreitzel

Have I extended their life? Will I reclaim some distance? I don't know, because I haven't repackaged them yet. I hope so.
PS: Both of these battery sets are more than 1 year old ...
The effort to extend the life of the stock IBT batteries with the Renaissance charger was an apparent failure. Although, I managed to recharge two (1 set) of the 1 year old batteries to 13.2v unloaded with the Renaissance charger, the loaded performance wasn't significantly greater then before the recharging attempt. The recharged IBT batteries had a somewhat longer run time under load, but not appreciably so the main problem was likely depleted electrolyte from recharging over the course of the year. I might tear the batteries apart to check.
Of the other two batteries, the R. charger recharged one to 12.7v unloaded and the other one to 11v unloaded.

I will make one possibly significant change though. My new Power Sonic batteries will be immediately recharged with the R. charger BEFORE placing them in the RMB case for the first time, because I have no way of determining how long these batteries have been sitting in a semi-discharged state. This effort should help extend the life of the SLA batteries to their fullest.

Last edited by tpreitzel; 10-28-09 at 06:18 PM.