View Single Post
Old 10-23-09, 05:12 PM
Scrodzilla
Your cog is slipping.

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 640 Post(s)
Liked 100 Times in 58 Posts
I'm overwhelmed by the response this is getting.

Color separations with the "RIDE" text are done for both black and white shirts (I prefer white shirts when I'm out riding on hot summer days too), I will discuss the matter of donating the proceeds either to help keep sheldonbrown.com running or to a foundation Sheldon would have approved of with Harris Cyclery this weekend (hopefully they won't say no!) and will most likely have a PayPal-ready webstore set up to take pre-orders within the next few days. Stickers, as schnee suggested, are also a possibilty and I'd be into hearing some more feedback.

What I'm thinking is to accept preliminary orders for a week or so and do my initial print run to match the number of shirts sold...that way I'm not sitting on boxes of unsold shirts. Turnaround time will still be relatively quick because I will be printing them in-house at my shop. If you miss the pre-order cutoff, I'll do the same in the future...maybe monthly if the demand is there.

Cost-wise, I am thinking that $12 post-paid will be ideal ($15 foreign). I know I originally said I would like to keep them at 10 bucks or under but I'm figuring that charging $12 will cover cost of the shirts (blank black shirts are a little more costly than white), materials, postage and there will end up being between $2-4 per shirt sold to donate. After I sit down and do the actual math and talk to Harris, it may end up that 10 bucks each will be a possibility after all. I'd like to keep them as low-cost as possible as still be able to turn out a good donation per shirt.

Screenprinting, while my profession, is something I enjoy doing on a daily basis and I am not looking to profit from these shirts, but rather spread some good vibes to others passionate about riding bikes. I've learned a lot right here on BikeForums and from Sheldon Brown and I believe that giving some back every now and again promotes healthy mojo.

Thanks again, everyone!