View Single Post
Old 11-04-09, 04:50 PM
ThatNickGuy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
DOWN TUBE and HEAD BADGE art.

Just finished some scratch repro's for my '73 Leg. I drew them up in illustrator. These are my personal work using photos of actuals. I do not need or expect credit for any of them. I just know how hard they are to find, and how frustrating it is to even find graphics that are high resolution enough to reproduce anything that looks decent. The files themselves seem to be too big for me to insert in the post so if you want a set to have produced locally contact me at:

Hilly2336@yahoo.com

I will send you a .PDF of the graphic as well as the actual .AI file if you wish to modify it at all in illustrator. The cool thing about these drawings is that they are one in "vector" format. This means that no matter how much you enlarge or shrink or otherwise modify the images they will stay the same resolution. Whereas a JPG, BMP, or GIF will become pixelated and rough, otherwise known as "rasterized".

I really wish I had a printer that would do White and metallic ink! I'd be set then!

BTW I contacted JR at velocals.com about a full set of resto decals. His prices are VERY reasonable for the amount of work I'm sure it takes him to generate a set from scratch. He seems very helpful and professional. I'll post more when the actual products arrive.

P.S.: Dbakl, that is beautiful work on the WCS scroll! I just couldn't get the shading to look quite right on the rolls.

Last edited by ThatNickGuy; 11-04-09 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Forgot a bit