Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Reebok 90 heart rate monitor

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-07, 11:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My wife has decided that she wants a hrm to use while riding her recumbent stationary bike and while swimming. She tried one that only showed the current heart rate and if you stopped the exercise program to look at the averages then the hrm started all over losing all previous information.

She said that she wanted to see her average heart rate, max heart rate, current heart rate, and maybe exercise time without losing all the previous data from her exercise period.

Does anyone know if the Reebok 90 will give her the functions which she is looking far? Also is this monitor a wireless monitor with a chest strap?

I have tried to research this on line but I guess that somethings are considered to be intuitive which does not work for me. So if anyone has any personal experience please give me some good info.

Thanks.
Old 01-22-07, 11:10 AM

Mentioned: 130 Post(s)
Quoted: 12192 Post(s)
Liked 1,496 Times in 1,108 Posts
Hi,
not sure exactly how the info got lost. Did she stop and then start it?
I usually let it run.

What's the budget, and would you describe her exercise plan as casual, moderate, intense, or competitive?

How much complication is she willing to accept? If she wants something really easy to use, the Sports Instruments Fit series is a gem. I have the Fit 3, and once you enter your personal data, it takes care of the rest.
Old 01-22-07, 11:29 AM

Bikes: RANS Dynamik

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jim p
My wife has decided that she wants a hrm to use while riding her recumbent stationary bike and while swimming. She tried one that only showed the current heart rate and if you stopped the exercise program to look at the averages then the hrm started all over losing all previous information.

She said that she wanted to see her average heart rate, max heart rate, current heart rate, and maybe exercise time without losing all the previous data from her exercise period.

Does anyone know if the Reebok 90 will give her the functions which she is looking far? Also is this monitor a wireless monitor with a chest strap?

I have tried to research this on line but I guess that somethings are considered to be intuitive which does not work for me. So if anyone has any personal experience please give me some good info.

Thanks.
I'm looking for even something more basic - all I want is a heart monitor - vanilla & cheap as can be. I just want to see the rate... So, hoping not to hijack Jim's thread - mybe we can both be helped in the same thead...

Dan
Old 01-22-07, 11:32 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by late
Hi,
not sure exactly how the info got lost. Did she stop and then start it?
I usually let it run.

What's the budget, and would you describe her exercise plan as casual, moderate, intense, or competitive?

How much complication is she willing to accept? If she wants something really easy to use, the Sports Instruments Fit series is a gem. I have the Fit 3, and once you enter your personal data, it takes care of the rest.
WOW, the Fit 2 is only $30.00 - not bad!!
Old 01-22-07, 06:27 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yeah she stopped and then restarted it. That was the only way that she could view the average heart rate. Maybe there is another way to see the info without having to stop and restart.

I will try to find a web page on the f2 and f3 and see what features they have.

She only wants to use it for moderate exercise so that she can get an idea of her work load during exercise.

The unit that she had was the polar fs1.
Old 01-22-07, 08:51 PM

Mentioned: 130 Post(s)
Quoted: 12192 Post(s)
Liked 1,496 Times in 1,108 Posts
Hi,
I don't think the Fit 3 does average HR, but I could be wrong. It's not something
I care about. HRMs are good for keeping you working out at the level you want to be at. The one you have now will do that.

As a tourist, I have long looked for a HRM that would ignore the lunch break, the coffee breaks, the scenery breaks, the 'boy my butt's sore' break, the shopping break, the cold drink break.... well, you get the idea.

I don't know of one.

What I liked about the Fit 3 is that ( if I remember it right )
with one button push you would get a readout of the zone you were in. Made zone training easy.
Old 01-23-07, 08:42 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by I_Bike
WOW, the Fit 2 is only $30.00 - not bad!!
I ordered a Fit 2 - thanks for the recommendation and replies.