Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Fifty Plus (50+) (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/)
-   -   Be vewy, vewy afwaid! (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/517891-vewy-vewy-afwaid.html)

John E 03-07-09 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by europa (Post 8486258)
We were going to make this a +51 forum weren't we? :rolleyes:

Richard

Good idea, Richard.We should do so before September.

chipcom 03-07-09 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by maddmaxx (Post 8486058)
I for one am willing to welcome Chip. I've already entered his name in an AARP raffle.

I expect once you get here Chip that you avitar's wig will begin to show a bit of blue tint.

Bless you kind sir, I will only kill you once...and I might even make it quick and painless.

chipcom 03-07-09 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by George (Post 8486072)
Welcome aboard chipcom, we need a little action around here.:thumb:

No money, no honey, George. I ain't no cheap date. :eek:

chipcom 03-07-09 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Retro Grouch (Post 8486134)
Yeah, right.

So more on topic, what's your favorite kind of pie?

Chocolate Cream...ya know the kind us old farts ain't allowed to eat anymore unless it's made with all that no-fat, no sugar stuff that's probably worse for you than the fat and the sugar!

chipcom 03-07-09 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by BengeBoy (Post 8486314)
I'm more interested in his fashion tips. Given the pictures he's posted here, I think we could be crossing some kind of frontier soon.

Go back to sleep, nothing to see here.

chipcom 03-07-09 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Louis (Post 8486419)
I go for my regular colonoscopy in April. How 'bout I post pictures here so you can see just what you're in for...for the rest of your life.:twitchy:

Welcome to the 50+ life.:p

I had my first colonoscopy at 46. I have always been an early adopter. :o

chipcom 03-07-09 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by DnvrFox (Post 8486576)
FOLKS, WE HAVE A SERIOUS ISSUE HERE: ACCORDING TO A SEARCH, CHIPCOM (HEREINAFTER KNOWN AS "CHEATCOM") HAS BEEN CHEATING ALL ALONG, WITH 402 POSTS ALREADY IN THE 50+ FORUM AND, YES, I AM CAPITALIZING THESE SENTENCES BECAUSE WE NEED TO SHOUT THIS TO THE WORLD.

FOLKS - DO WE LET A CHEATER INTO OUR MISTS, OR SHOULD WE DO A BLACKBALL - IGNORING ALL FUTURE POSTS?

Yada, yada, warden....yada, yada.

chipcom 03-07-09 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Allegheny Jet (Post 8486693)
Chipcom,

Avoid the pie at all cost. It is possible to do so.

Thank you for the "fair warning".

Ya doing RATL next month?

Dunno yet...depends if I can find some good dope. :D

DnvrFox 03-07-09 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by chipcom (Post 8486913)
Yada, yada, warden....yada, yada.

I would think that if you delete 403 of those 402 posts, we could work something out.

Old School 03-07-09 05:33 PM

FOLKS, WE HAVE A SERIOUS ISSUE HERE: ACCORDING TO A SEARCH, CHIPCOM (HEREINAFTER KNOWN AS "CHEATCOM") HAS BEEN CHEATING ALL ALONG, WITH 402 POSTS ALREADY IN THE 50+ FORUM AND, YES, I AM CAPITALIZING THESE SENTENCES BECAUSE WE NEED TO SHOUT THIS TO THE WORLD.

FOLKS - DO WE LET A CHEATER INTO OUR MISTS, OR SHOULD WE DO A BLACKBALL - IGNORING ALL FUTURE POSTS?

As I recall we really don't have hard and fast "rules" for membership -- they are really more like "guidelines". Chipcom has been acting older than his age for quite a while now according to DnvrFox's research. I say if he wants to hang with this elite group seasoned with wisdom, it might actually do some good. We could admit him with provisional status, but the secret handshake and special password will have to wait. :lol:

Timtruro 03-07-09 05:41 PM

After 50, if something doesn't hurt when you get up in the morning, you are probably dead.

Tom Bombadil 03-07-09 05:47 PM

By the time he gets here in 6 months, I will have no memory of having ever heard of him.

referee54 03-07-09 05:50 PM

I thought yo wer capitalizing it because most of us cannot read small print...

TSC

Timtruro 03-07-09 06:15 PM

how did he get past the dogs?

DnvrFox 03-07-09 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Old School (Post 8487052)
As I recall we really don't have hard and fast "rules" for membership -- they are really more like "guidelines". :

Don't you think it is about time?

I mean, "hard and fast" rules are about the only thing "hard and fast" I have going for me at 69+.

big john 03-07-09 08:23 PM

Let's just let the young guy in, he's o.k.

JanMM 03-07-09 08:25 PM

Is everyone agreeable with letting this youngster hang around here until the 50-candlepower day? And then, we have no choice.
Unless some new rules come into play........................................

billydonn 03-07-09 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by chipcom (Post 8485351)
That's because you have forgotten how...in addition to forgetting your name and where the potty is. :D

Potty location is one thing we never ever forget! I move that the forum name be changed to the 51+ forum. :D

byte_speed 03-07-09 08:56 PM

This too shall pass.

djnzlab1 03-07-09 09:12 PM

dAng wipper snaper

HI,
Welcome to the almost senile forum, and remember age is only a number, or is it something else, I forgot.
The bad news is the wind is stronger over 50, the hills are steeper, and those pesky bike mechanics are always tweaking your brake lever so you can't go over 18 mph its a radio control brake.geeze...
Never forget to put metamucil in your coffee, its great for getting you going and then goin.
Doug

Those pesky padded pants can double as depends in pinch!

ps don't forget to ask for the Sr Discount at the LBS they forget to tell you about that.

referee54 03-07-09 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by byte_speed (Post 8488095)
This too shall pass.

Just like one of my kidney stones...

TSC

Beverly 03-08-09 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by Beverly (Post 8485347)
We older folks don't scare easily:D

Originally Posted by Jet Travis (Post 8485921)
Just you wait.:eek:

I've seen scarier things than Chipcom:) Like the half-naked idiot that tried to get into my car while I was stopped at a railroad crossing:eek:

Artkansas 03-08-09 02:09 AM

Originally Posted by chipcom (Post 8485313)
Yes, this is the year...

September 11th of 2009 will not only commemorate the tragedy of 9/11/2001, but it will also usher in a new tragedy of truly epic proportions...Chipcom turns 50.

Young whippersnapper!

We'll be expecting the usual pie, blueberry by default, but make mine mince.

One rule of the 50+ forum. "You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave...." ;)

You'll be 50+ for life. :eek:

CB HI 03-08-09 03:00 AM

Considering how OLD he sounded in those 402 post, he probably should have had a special dispensation to join at age 40.

CB HI 03-08-09 03:02 AM

Originally Posted by Beverly (Post 8488970)
I've seen scarier things than Chipcom:) Like the half-naked idiot that tried to get into my car while I was stopped at a railroad crossing:eek:

Did that guy have a blonde wig on?