Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Fifty Plus (50+) (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/)
-   -   Be vewy, vewy afwaid! (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/517891-vewy-vewy-afwaid.html)

cranky old dude 03-08-09 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by chipcom (Post 8485313)
Yes, this is the year...

September 11th of 2009 will not only commemorate the tragedy of 9/11/2001, but it will also usher in a new tragedy of truly epic proportions...Chipcom turns 50.

I'm warning you all now, and I'll make sure to give you periodic warnings between now and then, so you can use this grace period to age much faster (if applicable) to qualify for and start a 60+ forum. You thought Pcad was bad? Pcad is wussy. Be afwaid, vewy, vewy afwaid, you wascally fossils!

Be careful what you wish for. Once you've become an official member of this elite group there's no going back. You'll be here fowevah twapped like a wat.

Road Fan 03-08-09 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by chipcom (Post 8485313)
Yes, this is the year...

September 11th of 2009 will not only commemorate the tragedy of 9/11/2001, but it will also usher in a new tragedy of truly epic proportions...Chipcom turns 50.

I'm warning you all now, and I'll make sure to give you periodic warnings between now and then, so you can use this grace period to age much faster (if applicable) to qualify for and start a 60+ forum. You thought Pcad was bad? Pcad is wussy. Be afwaid, vewy, vewy afwaid, you wascally fossils!

We'll be lining up at your door to get one of those special Photoshopped avatars!

Retro Grouch 03-08-09 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by chipcom (Post 8486866)
Chocolate Cream...ya know the kind us old farts ain't allowed to eat anymore unless it's made with all that no-fat, no sugar stuff that's probably worse for you than the fat and the sugar!

You're gonna fit right in. Welcome aboard!

Road Fan 03-08-09 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by Old School (Post 8487052)
As I recall we really don't have hard and fast "rules" for membership -- they are really more like "guidelines". Chipcom has been acting older than his age for quite a while now according to DnvrFox's research. I say if he wants to hang with this elite group seasoned with wisdom, it might actually do some good. We could admit him with provisional status, but the secret handshake and special password will have to wait. :lol:

I would send him the membership packet, rules and bylaws, and the schedule of suggested endowment payments if I could find them on my hard disk.

Road Fan 03-08-09 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by chipcom (Post 8486866)
Chocolate Cream...ya know the kind us old farts ain't allowed to eat anymore unless it's made with all that no-fat, no sugar stuff that's probably worse for you than the fat and the sugar!

Chip, if you like either dark beer or red wine with your chocolate cream pie, we're gonna get along just fine!

Road Fan

Road Fan 03-08-09 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by DnvrFox (Post 8486576)
FOLKS, WE HAVE A SERIOUS ISSUE HERE: ACCORDING TO A SEARCH, CHIPCOM (HEREINAFTER KNOWN AS "CHEATCOM") HAS BEEN CHEATING ALL ALONG, WITH 402 POSTS ALREADY IN THE 50+ FORUM AND, YES, I AM CAPITALIZING THESE SENTENCES BECAUSE WE NEED TO SHOUT THIS TO THE WORLD.

FOLKS - DO WE LET A CHEATER INTO OUR MISTS, OR SHOULD WE DO A BLACKBALL - IGNORING ALL FUTURE POSTS?

I say if he's going to make 400+ practice posts in 50+ in order to hit the ground running and be effective on his start date, then he's the kind of man (or ?) we need. Besides, I don't think it would be safe for him anywhere else - we have a duty to accept and protect Chipcom at least during his practice period.

Retro Grouch 03-08-09 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by Road Fan (Post 8489798)
I say if he's going to make 400+ practice posts in 50+ in order to hit the ground running and be effective on his start date, then he's the kind of man (or ?) we need. Besides, I don't think it would be safe for him anywhere else - we have a duty to accept and protect Chipcom at least during his practice period.

He eats chocolate cream pie that's made with real cream. He surely has the arteries of a 50+. I'm thinking that should be good enough.

overthehillmedi 03-08-09 08:56 AM

Lady Beverly,top half or bottom half? :lol:

chipcom 03-08-09 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Old School (Post 8487052)
As I recall we really don't have hard and fast "rules" for membership -- they are really more like "guidelines". Chipcom has been acting older than his age for quite a while now according to DnvrFox's research. I say if he wants to hang with this elite group seasoned with wisdom, it might actually do some good. We could admit him with provisional status, but the secret handshake and special password will have to wait. :lol:

They say that near death experiences age you by 10 years at a pop...which would make me fixing to turn 200 or so. :eek:

chipcom 03-08-09 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil (Post 8487121)
By the time he gets here in 6 months, I will have no memory of having ever heard of him.

:beer: :lol:

chipcom 03-08-09 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by big john (Post 8487897)
Let's just let the young guy in, he's o.k.

He don't know me too well, do he? :lol:

chipcom 03-08-09 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Beverly (Post 8488970)
I've seen scarier things than Chipcom:) Like the half-naked idiot that tried to get into my car while I was stopped at a railroad crossing:eek:

How do you know that wasn't me? :twitchy:

Road Fan 03-08-09 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by chipcom (Post 8489922)
How do you know that wasn't me? :twitchy:

Chip, wouldn't you have had to bike half at least nekkid all the way from Wussyville to where Bev lives?

chipcom 03-08-09 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Road Fan (Post 8490037)
Chip, wouldn't you have had to bike half at least nekkid all the way from Wussyville to where Bev lives?

So what's your point?

Road Fan 03-08-09 10:14 AM

I guess it could have been you.

Beverly 03-08-09 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by overthehillmedi (Post 8489849)
Lady Beverly,top half or bottom half? :lol:

He was wearing shoes and a very small t-shirt:twitchy:

This happened years ago when I was going to college and working nights as a bartender. I was on my way home and got stopped by a train. A car pulled up behind me and next thing I know there is this half-naked man trying to open my car door. Even though it was summer I had the windows up and the doors locked. I just backed up, made a big U-turn and left him standing there in the street. He hung onto the door handle for a few feet but finally let loose.

The owner of the bar made me report the incident in case in was someone who knew where I worked. This happened a couple blocks from the bar. When the policeman asked me if I got a good look at him I said "Yes, but not his face".

Tom Bombadil 03-08-09 01:25 PM

But could you identify him in a lineup?

maddmaxx 03-08-09 02:23 PM

"Pardon me.....can I come in.
Sure you can young un...............be afraid...be vewy, vewy afraid.

Beverly 03-08-09 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil (Post 8491002)

I don't think they have that type of lineup:p

CB HI 03-08-09 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil (Post 8491002)

Originally Posted by Beverly (Post 8491403)
I don't think they have that type of lineup:p

Time to put this discussion aside; before someone here decides to post a photo of such a lineup.

chipcom 03-08-09 05:31 PM

Beverly, Beverly, Beverly...in situations like that you have to keep your cool, look the person straight in the winky, start laughing hysterically and exclaim "what do you want, sympathy?" :D

wernmax 03-08-09 10:14 PM

Hey Chip....is it true what they say you have to do to get on the cover of Playboy?