Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Anticipation is killing me.

Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Old 02-19-12, 12:24 AM
Digital Gee
I need more cowbell.

Bikes: 2015 Specialized Sirrus Elite

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Having my new Masi on hold at the LBS until the funds materialize is killing me. We're in the midst of a gorgeous weekend here on Pitcairn, and I could be out riding MAO. On top of that, I'm caught up on all kinds of chores, so I have time to spare.

But realistically, it will be a month before I can bring her home. Sure, I can ride my Globe, and I will tomorrow, but you know it's not the same. Years ago I drove a Chrysler Caravan, a four-banger that was great because there were two kids involved, but never much fun to drive. That's what my Globe reminds me of now.

I need to find ways to preoccupy myself until launch day. Kinda wish it would rain every day for the next month.

Proud member of the original Club Tombay
Old 02-19-12, 12:53 AM
Mobile 155

Bikes: 2013 Haro FL Comp 29er MTB.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1470 Post(s)
Liked 41 Times in 32 Posts
Originally Posted by Digital Gee View Post
Having my new Masi on hold at the LBS until the funds materialize is killing me. We're in the midst of a gorgeous weekend here on Pitcairn, and I could be out riding MAO. On top of that, I'm caught up on all kinds of chores, so I have time to spare.

But realistically, it will be a month before I can bring her home. Sure, I can ride my Globe, and I will tomorrow, but you know it's not the same. Years ago I drove a Chrysler Caravan, a four-banger that was great because there were two kids involved, but never much fun to drive. That's what my Globe reminds me of now.

I need to find ways to preoccupy myself until launch day. Kinda wish it would rain every day for the next month.
Dude, any rain you get we get. Not cool.
Old 02-19-12, 01:18 AM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
So one month to get the pics in of your local area as once you get the bike- you will not have time to take any.

That means that you should have the Bike by Easter so you have something to look forward to. There is an unofficial Pie Ride planned for Easter weekend so you have to get back into practice for that. Plenty of time to suss out the local area and find the good Pie Stops and study the menu. But you are an old hand at this and realise that you have to start gently with a fairly mundane version such as apple before you move onto the more intricate fillings such as Key Lime and gooseberry and then you can prepare yourself for the ultimate of Blueberry.

Can see your next month will be a busy one.

Spike Milligan
Old 02-19-12, 01:39 AM
Digital Gee
I need more cowbell.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mobile 155 View Post
Dude, any rain you get we get. Not cool.
Sorry. I meant to say I wish it would rain in the immediate vicinity of my apartment, making me believe it was raining all over the island, convincing me I wouldn't want to ride anyway. A three block radius should do it.

Old 02-19-12, 01:43 AM
Digital Gee
I need more cowbell.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by stapfam View Post
So one month to get the pics in of your local area as once you get the bike- you will not have time to take any.

That means that you should have the Bike by Easter so you have something to look forward to. There is an unofficial Pie Ride planned for Easter weekend so you have to get back into practice for that. Plenty of time to suss out the local area and find the good Pie Stops and study the menu. But you are an old hand at this and realise that you have to start gently with a fairly mundane version such as apple before you move onto the more intricate fillings such as Key Lime and gooseberry and then you can prepare yourself for the ultimate of Blueberry.

Can see your next month will be a busy one.
Pie! I can't wait for pie!!!

Old 02-19-12, 06:35 AM
Retro Grouch 

Bikes: Catrike 559 I own some others but they don't get ridden very much.

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1524 Post(s)
Liked 504 Times in 296 Posts
Originally Posted by Digital Gee View Post
I can ride my Globe, and I will tomorrow, but you know it's not the same. Years ago I drove a Chrysler Caravan, a four-banger that was great because there were two kids involved, but never much fun to drive. That's what my Globe reminds me of now.
Aren't you glad that you can think with the artistic side of your brain? Otherwise you'd just stick with riding the Globe because there's nothing wrong with it - and you'd still have the minivan.
Old 02-19-12, 12:44 PM
Looigi

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Isn't Pitcairn Island like 1.5 miles long?