General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Trek 700

Old 08-23-19, 03:47 PM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Trek 700

picked up a trek,with shimano shifters,has 2 little round dial in front of the handle bars,are those supose to tell u what gear your in?they have a minny cable goin from the shifter to the round gauges?anyone know if thats what there for?
4crosse is offline  
Old 08-26-19, 05:03 PM
Wilfred Laurier
Señor Member
Wilfred Laurier's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 5,048
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 632 Post(s)
Liked 275 Times in 200 Posts
Yes. That i what they are for. I remember setting those up years ago and figuring they were a cheap gimmick to replicate the 'Flightdeck' computers that connect to more expensive Shimano shifters.

They were only included on fairly inexpensive bikes and I'm sure most of them broke or stopped working long ago - less expensive components are generally less durable, and these seemed to be even moreso.
Wilfred Laurier is offline  
Related Topics
Thread Starter
Last Post
Hybrid Bicycles
05-24-19 12:20 PM
Classic & Vintage
08-21-17 02:10 PM
Classic & Vintage
08-21-17 07:58 AM
General Cycling Discussion
09-07-15 10:55 AM
Bicycle Mechanics
04-01-12 03:41 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.