Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

How to remove Campagnolo weird circlip?

Search
Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

How to remove Campagnolo weird circlip?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-23, 01:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Kontact
But now you have a derailleur with an A tension adjustment. You should try that first.
Hi Kontact, check out this video, do you think thats the normal behaviour of the RD spring?

Because I feel it has to return to the original position instead if I touched and put closer to the jocke wheels, it keeps it that position.

thanks for your help
Old 06-11-23, 08:04 PM

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4420 Post(s)
Liked 1,568 Times in 1,030 Posts
Originally Posted by ctripblog
Hi Kontact, check out this video, do you think thats the normal behaviour of the RD spring?
https://youtube.com/shorts/Im9mixvkrgE?feature=share

Because I feel it has to return to the original position instead if I touched and put closer to the jocke wheels, it keeps it that position.

thanks for your help
Hard to say if that is abnormal. The spring tension is not that great, so overcoming pivot and chain pin friction is not guaranteed. I guess I would be more concerned if it didn't hold the position moved to and just kept popping against the cassette. That static friction that allows you to position the derailleur like that is going to be countered by the moving chain and the tension variations from shifting.

Try riding it.