Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Confession: I love my aerobars

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Confession: I love my aerobars

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-23, 04:11 AM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4493 Post(s)
Liked 4,965 Times in 3,070 Posts
Originally Posted by 88ss
Exactly how you would expect someone in their 60s to "get on" against 20 year old racers. You said I only care about overall results, I didn't, I said I would only accept an award for placing in the top three, but that is typical of the general population, only able to debate if they talk for their opponents.... I do have fun though, riding my choice of bike anywhere, around my block or in any cycling event no matter what is going on around me, and that is always a win, not surprising you would miss that either.........
So you enter a TT and don't care where you finish. Got it now I think.
Old 11-06-23, 04:20 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked 118 Times in 55 Posts
Originally Posted by rsbob
Regarding the first bolded statement: So what? Doesn’t harm you in any way and if they have the money and inclination, so be it. Should people who can afford expensive cars instead be driving econoboxes because it is more moral to you? Or people who live in nice houses downsize to tiny houses because it suits you better? Interesting how you appoint yourself the judge of what is right and wrong.
The second statement is a totally bizarre. People typically use bike computers to record their stats - which again is a matter of personal choice. If they want to compare their stats, why not? Doesn’t harm you or anyone else. Pretty judgmental on stuff that doesn’t nicely fit into your preconceived world.
Ever heard of the expression, “live and let live”? It will save you a lot of consternation.
A basic tenet of human morality is to hold yourself to the same standards you hold others to, so by your standard you should " live and let live" and not criticize others, so make sure and come back when you learn to do that. But apparently it is okay for you to speak out on things you do not like about others, but not okay for them to do the same ??? LOOOOOOOOOL
Old 11-06-23, 06:59 AM

Bikes: Trek Emonda ALR 5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked 302 Times in 140 Posts
Originally Posted by terrymorse
Bless you heart, @88ss.
Right? He/she is quick to anger, slow to understand.
Likes For Outrider1:
Old 11-06-23, 08:36 AM

Bikes: Bicycles? Yup.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 487 Post(s)
Liked 1,622 Times in 750 Posts
Another angry guy finds his way to my very short ignore list.
Old 11-06-23, 09:52 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked 118 Times in 78 Posts
Originally Posted by BTinNYC
Another angry guy finds his way to my very short ignore list.
I'm not as patient as you are. He made mine 2 days ago. Trolls will be trolls I guess.

Last edited by SW84; 11-06-23 at 11:23 AM.
Old 11-06-23, 10:32 AM
serious cyclist

Bikes: S1, R2, P2

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9334 Post(s)
Liked 3,679 Times in 2,026 Posts
Exactly how you would expect someone in their 60s to "get on" against 20 year old racers. You said I only care about overall results, I didn't, I said I would only accept an award for placing in the top three, but that is typical of the general population, only able to debate if they talk for their opponents.... I do have fun though, riding my choice of bike anywhere, around my block or in any cycling event no matter what is going on around me, and that is always a win, not surprising you would miss that either.........
A basic tenet of human morality is to hold yourself to the same standards you hold others to, so by your standard you should " live and let live" and not criticize others, so make sure and come back when you learn to do that. But apparently it is okay for you to speak out on things you do not like about others, but not okay for them to do the same ??? LOOOOOOOOOL
So you know what type of bike my acquaintance was riding before he got the $15K Tarmac? No, that is why your post has zero value, let alone that it is barely the English language.

Thanks for the laugh; I needed it this morning
Old 11-06-23, 10:42 AM
Grupetto Bob

Bikes: Bikey McBike Face

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 2619 Post(s)
Liked 5,743 Times in 2,958 Posts
I just knew I would hear back with something akin to what you just wrote rather than taking the message to heart. Oh well, I gave it a shot.

Likes For rsbob:
Old 11-06-23, 11:33 AM

I just knew I would hear back with something akin to what you just wrote rather than taking the message to heart. Oh well, I gave it a shot.
So far I've learnt:-

1. Age categories in racing are pointless
2. Strava is pointless
3. Only young ultra-competitive guys should ride fast bikes

and now this gem:-

4. Criticising someone for criticising what other people choose to do is immoral.
Likes For PeteHski:
Old 11-06-23, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by PeteHski

4. Criticising someone for criticising what other people choose to do is immoral.
You might want to reconsider this one. Some people choose to do some very bad things.
Old 11-06-23, 12:02 PM

Whoops. I think I misunderstood that. I take back my post.
Old 11-06-23, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by SW84
You might want to reconsider this one. Some people choose to do some very bad things.
Sure, but not in the context of this thread. Besides I was being sarcastic. I didn't really learn anything.
Likes For PeteHski:
Old 11-06-23, 01:32 PM
Grupetto Bob

Bikes: Bikey McBike Face

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 2619 Post(s)
Liked 5,743 Times in 2,958 Posts
Looks like time to close this thread before there are any more threats, in jest or not.

Old 11-07-23, 10:08 AM
Homey

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 2427 Post(s)
Liked 1,409 Times in 902 Posts
Looks like time to close this thread before there are any more threats, in jest or not.
I scanned quickly. What threats?
Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.
Old 11-08-23, 06:07 AM
Expired Member

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 3713 Post(s)
Liked 5,571 Times in 2,821 Posts
I'm not as patient as you are. He made mine 2 days ago. Trolls will be trolls I guess.
Yep, and given the offensive user name, no surprise.
Likes For shelbyfv:
Old 11-08-23, 09:18 AM
serious cyclist

Bikes: S1, R2, P2

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9334 Post(s)
Liked 3,679 Times in 2,026 Posts
Originally Posted by shelbyfv
I had't even picked that up in this context where there are other letter-number combos used as usernames. Thanks for the alert!
Likes For Bah Humbug:
Old 11-08-23, 09:45 AM
climber has-been

Bikes: Scott Addict R1, Felt Z1

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 3509 Post(s)
Liked 3,652 Times in 1,830 Posts
Originally Posted by shelbyfv
"Volt iss offensive? I haff ah seengle speet dat vass made een 1988."

Likes For terrymorse:
Old 11-08-23, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug
I had't even picked that up in this context where there are other letter-number combos used as usernames. Thanks for the alert!
I don't get it. I'm SW84 because I have a 1984 Schwinn World. What am I missing?
Old 11-08-23, 10:40 AM
just another gosling

Bikes: CoMo Speedster 2003, Trek 5200, CAAD 9, Fred 2004

Quoted: 3911 Post(s)
Liked 1,959 Times in 1,397 Posts
I don't get it. I'm SW84 because I have a 1984 Schwinn World. What am I missing?
"H" is the 8th letter in the alphabet.
Old 11-08-23, 10:46 AM

Thankfully a forum member messaged me an explanation. I never knew.
Likes For SW84:
Old 11-08-23, 08:31 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked 118 Times in 55 Posts
Right, you don't get it, and neither do they, so their genius move is to assign whatever the evening news has put into their tiny little heads, and remaining ignorant is what anyone deserves that can come up with nothing better to contribute to this thread. I explained the perfectly benign meaning behind my username to one of the moderators here once, nobody else deserves anything but to go on being the crew which regularly takes forum threads off topic because that is all they have the brains to do. Apparently that is the pool the moderators here are picked from too............because where are they???
Old 11-08-23, 08:44 PM

Quoted: 8334 Post(s)
Liked 9,168 Times in 4,521 Posts
Right, you don't get it, and neither do they, so their genius move is to assign whatever the evening news has put into their tiny little heads, and remaining ignorant is what anyone deserves that can come up with nothing better to contribute to this thread. I explained the perfectly benign meaning behind my username to one of the moderators here once, nobody else deserves anything but to go on being the crew which regularly takes forum threads off topic because that is all they have the brains to do. Apparently that is the pool the moderators here are picked from too............because where are they???
Abrasive, obnoxious, and full of childish insults. Why do you even post on this forum? It's rare that a new member will start out like this. Terrible.
Old 11-08-23, 08:49 PM

Bikes: Colnago, Van Dessel, Factor, Cervelo, Ritchey

Quoted: 3980 Post(s)
Liked 7,430 Times in 2,988 Posts
Regardless of the meaning of your username, you sure are an angry dude.
Likes For tomato coupe:
Old 11-08-23, 08:55 PM
Forum Moderator

Bikes: Fuji SL2.1 Carbon Di2 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 4 Trek Checkpoint ALR-5 Viscount Aerospace Pro Colnago Classic Rabobank Raleigh C50 Cromoly Hybrid Legnano Tipo Roma Pista

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 3101 Post(s)
Liked 6,644 Times in 3,806 Posts
Thread is circling to toilet bowl.

Closed.

Old 11-11-23, 12:11 PM
Homey

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 2427 Post(s)
Liked 1,409 Times in 902 Posts
Do you mean the same moderators that respectfully discussed with have defended your user name constantly when we get complaints about it? Do you mean the same one that allowed you into P and R so that if things get a little rough, it won't be in the open forum? The same ones that use a vast amount of time having to go through your posts that upset people? The same ones that have to have a discussion each time this happens.

We are too busy handling complaints, that's where we are.

The members here may not have as much "brains" as you but many are helpful to the extent of others being successful. Maybe this isn't the place for you.
Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.
Likes For Siu Blue Wind: