Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Good wheels or di2?

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Good wheels or di2?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-18, 04:21 AM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4717 Post(s)
Liked 1,882 Times in 998 Posts
Originally Posted by fujiraf
Is it?
It's unnecessary untill you stay on the hills with broken shifting cable,and a fixed hard gear to continue, far from home (happened to me), then I start thinking about electronic shifting. lol.
someone that neglects their bike, blames the bike when it fails.
Old 05-21-18, 05:23 AM
Banned.

Bikes: Trek 1500 SLR DI2 Giant Kronos SRAM Rival

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 301 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
What's unnecessary is your repeated anti-intellectual responses to this thread that belittle people who have been there and done that including myself. What's unnecessary is rejoicing in a narrow minded world view about things. I have take your view before and said carbon bikes are nice but unnecessary. Thats after me riding BMC road legal road bikes living with a guy that worked with the BMC distributor at the time in Australia and spending countless hour doing cool things on bikes myself. So if you would step away from the pay grade argument that'd be great thanks. Having had the chance to ride BMC Teammachines like they were stolen, a 6.7kg carbon fibre bike is a ****ing pain in the ass to ride every day. It is something that I would not enjoy doing daily and it only further confirms my views that carbon bikes are absolutely not nescessary even from the more exotic brands such as BMC.

DI2 will make your shifting experience more satisfactory regardless of whether you are new to riding bikes or a pro racer. If you believe otherwise I don't even begin to know what to think of you but I need that TPS Report on my desk in the next hour Mmmmkay? If we want to make jokes about pay cheques I will say anyone in your position with credibility does not joke about buying a Giant, Cannondale, Trek, or Specialized whatever... Mmmkay?

Lets stop talking about pay cheques.

Last edited by 1500SLR; 05-21-18 at 06:07 AM.
Old 05-21-18, 05:45 AM

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20810 Post(s)
Liked 9,456 Times in 4,672 Posts
What's a "road legal road bike" and how does the one-time experience of riding a cf road legal road bike pertain to this thread about wheels and groupsets?
Old 05-21-18, 05:47 AM
Banned.

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
1) I did not say it was a once off experience
2) A UCI Road legal road bike one can use directly in competition.

I think I'm done wasting my time here. Some of us through association have had the privileged experience of riding $15000 bikes other people here ride a Specialzed road bike and think they've had it all. I don't know who Noodle Soup is or who he associates with I don't know anything about him at all but being that antisocial is no longer funny.

Last edited by 1500SLR; 05-21-18 at 06:17 AM.
Old 05-21-18, 06:43 AM

Bikes: https://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=152015&p=1404231

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1529 Post(s)
Liked 718 Times in 510 Posts
Originally Posted by 1500SLR
a 6.7kg carbon fibre bike is a ****ing pain in the ass to ride every day.
LOL.

My 6.7kg carbon bike is a joy to ride every day, which is why my 7.3kg carbon bike and my 8.1kg ally bike gather dust.

I carry it down the stairs to ride 50m around the corner to the milk bar. Note the toeclips.
Old 05-21-18, 06:44 AM
Banned.

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
I don't care about your bike, or anyone elses bike for that matter. Have fun quoting me.
Old 05-21-18, 06:50 AM

Bikes: https://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=152015&p=1404231

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1529 Post(s)
Liked 718 Times in 510 Posts
Originally Posted by 1500SLR
I don't care about your bike, or anyone elses bike for that matter.
In that case, maybe you should avoid making blanket statements that apply to anybody's bike...?
Old 05-21-18, 06:51 AM
Administrator

Bikes: Merlin Cyrene '04; Bridgestone RB-1 '92

Mentioned: 325 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11982 Post(s)
Liked 6,697 Times in 3,503 Posts
Closed. Hostilities. Bye-bye.
Old 05-21-18, 06:53 AM
Banned.

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Kimmo
In that case, maybe you should avoid making blanket statements that apply to anybody's bike...?
This argument is about as ridiculous as it gets at this point and the views on which material to build a bike out of are as wide as the ocean. Listen to me, I come into contact with people like you every day. I don't give a crap about your bike, their bike, or the specifications of anyone's bike who think's they are high brow and have the world figured out because they think they have the best bike. I do not care about you or anyone else's anti-social over reactive drama either.
Old 05-21-18, 07:44 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by fujiraf
Thanks everybody for the inlight. Di2 it is. If Alu wheels 50 mm deepae worth the 600 backs is another long story
Happy we could help with your decision, sir.

Sorry about the rest of the mess, just a few of the regulars working hard to get banned . . . . several of them.
Old 05-21-18, 08:43 AM
Administrator

Attention:

I’m going to bump this a few times to make sure everybody sees it.

We’re seeing the same ol names and faces involved every time there’s an argument somewhere. It’s the usual suspects. Arguing amongst yourselves is one thing, but when the usual suspects crank it up in a thread where somebody is searching for an answer, then you guys are not only disrupting somebody's thread, but you’re defeating the purpose of the forum and actively driving members away, especially noobies. Can’t have that. You don’t have any respect for each other and you definitely don’t have any respect for a noobie.

So here’s how this is going to work. Until you guys can adjust to respectfully airing your differences of opinion and avoid getting into these personalized, disruptive, hostile arguments, there is going to be a price to pay. We’re going to start giving out infractions like lollipops. We don’t care who started it, if you’re actively involved in a hostile argument you’re going to get dinged, period. I’m not talking about civil disagreements, I’m talking about hostilities, grudges, personal attacks, and the like. You guys are starting to think this is a routine you can get away with any time you want. Well you're wrong. We're talking about just a handful of guys, just 8-10 regular faces. You know who you are.

And you usual suspects know how this works. - 3 active points and you’re automatically banned. 5 active points and you can say goodbye to BF, permanently. We’re tired of breaking up fights between the same ol guys. And we’re tired of you driving away our noobs. Stay out of the fights or expect a Red, period. You need to establish a rep as an authority or some kind of expert that everybody else is supposed to bow to, you’re in the wrong place. You get a kick out of taking pot shots at people, you better duck yourself. No excuses. No whining that somebody else started it, we don’t have the time to dig through all this verbosity and hostility to find out who started it - if you’re involved you’re guilty.

This applies to whatever forum you're in, don't think you can take your toxic attitudes to General or elsewhere and proceed as usual.
Old 05-21-18, 12:01 PM
Administrator

Bump
Old 05-21-18, 06:00 PM
Administrator