Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Possible to replace rear derailleur bracket plate?

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Possible to replace rear derailleur bracket plate?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-23, 09:29 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by biker128pedal
Might be this one from DT Swiss for Canyon. If their picture was better one could read the marking.

https://www.canyon.com/en-co/gear/bi.../10011749.html

I could zoom in and the part numbers don't match.
How did you find that on their site? I've search a couple times before via their search box either by typing in the description and I also did it by my bike's serial and nothing came up. As for the part numbers being different, I think that's ok as long as the measurements are the same...
Old 11-19-23, 09:38 AM

Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts
Might be this one from DT Swiss for Canyon. If their picture was better one could read the marking.

Ok it's because you weren't on the Canyon's US site. The US site doesn't have this part.
Likes For Paradox77:
Old 11-19-23, 09:40 AM

Bikes: Handsome xoxo, Serotta atx, Canyon Endurace CF8

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 904 Post(s)
Liked 1,924 Times in 856 Posts

I wonder how screwed up Canyon can be. how can they have the same part number derailleur hanger having two different thread pitches....makes it worse is you can't even get spares..let alone ones that are actually going to be the right ones.

Last edited by jadmt; 11-19-23 at 09:45 AM.
Old 11-19-23, 09:50 AM

Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jadmt
I wonder how screwed up Canyon can be. how can they have the same part number derailleur hanger having two different thread pitches....makes it worse is you can't even get spares..let alone ones that are actually going to be the right ones.

This is because the hanger itself and the bolt sleeves are two different parts. And also Canyon uses different parts based on different frame sizes.
Old 11-19-23, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Paradox77
This is because the hanger itself and the bolt sleeves are two different parts. And also Canyon uses different parts based on different frame sizes.
duh sometimes it takes the obvious hitting me in the forehead. lol.
Old 11-20-23, 12:09 PM

Bikes: 2022 Fuel EX 8, 2021 Domane SL6, Black Beta (Nashbar frame), 2004 Trek 1000C for the trainer

Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked 448 Times in 267 Posts
Originally Posted by Paradox77
Ok it's because you weren't on the Canyon's US site. The US site doesn't have this part.

Did you try the Chat function. If they care and want to keep loyal customers they should help.
Old 11-20-23, 12:36 PM

Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts
Did you try the Chat function. If they care and want to keep loyal customers they should help.
Half the time you contact them via chat, you only get the chat bot which is pretty useless. But I was able to finally get to someone today and basically they said other non US sites (although under same umbrella) are different entities and therefore even if they stock it there doesn't mean the US market will have it.

To me, that's just poor customer support. How hard is it just to get the part for me and charge me for it. It's not like I want the part for free. But I digress...
Old 11-20-23, 01:59 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 4489 Post(s)
Liked 4,961 Times in 3,067 Posts
Canyon do seem to have an issue with US customer service. At least that’s the impression I get on BF. They have it pretty well sorted in Europe although I’ve only had to contact them a couple of times for very minor things. But never had any trouble getting hold of someone there.
Old 11-20-23, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by PeteHski
Canyon do seem to have an issue with US customer service. At least that’s the impression I get on BF. They have it pretty well sorted in Europe although I’ve only had to contact them a couple of times for very minor things. But never had any trouble getting hold of someone there.
if you look at almost any commonly needed replacement part in the US it says out of stock or no longer available. Canyon CS is about impossible to actually get ahold of and then when you do they can't help you. It really is pretty poor of them. I can see not having parts that are never needed but thru axles, head sets, top caps, derailleur hangers etc are pretty common parts.