Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Commuting
Reload this Page >

Involuntary, yet new bike commuter advice, encouragement?

Search
Notices
Commuting Bicycle commuting is easier than you think, before you know it, you'll be hooked. Learn the tips, hints, equipment, safety requirements for safely riding your bike to work.

Involuntary, yet new bike commuter advice, encouragement?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-10, 05:12 PM

Bikes: 2010 Trek FX 7.3 1970something Triumph road bike in need of attention

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Update..

To who it may interest my situation changed a bit since I first started this thread.... I started at the new with no license and a coworker offered to drive me.. the bike ended up just sitting being I was busy with work and fell into the routine to getting rides.. never actually rode it for the first month or so after starting this thread... then I was lucky enough to get my hardship license.. I can drive from 7-7 a few times when I wanted to go places at night I took the bike out... I think I'm hooked. I've been riding it pretty much everywhere I'd normally go with a license on friday and Saturday nights. I absolutely love riding at night... I ended up back at the bike shop after the first weekend and upgraded to a brighter headlight.. I lost the stupid floppy rear fender I originally bought and put a rack and a bag, a seat pad, and a nice lock. As the mornings get warmer I'm hoping to start commuting to work but that will take some determination to get up early enough when I now have the option of driving.

Heres a few picts of my bike with the new lights, rack and bag....I'm going to start looking into a side view mirror options that's the one thing left I'd kinda like to have.

Last edited by Ryan T; 03-25-10 at 06:19 PM.
Old 03-25-10, 05:37 PM

Bikes: Kirk Custom JK Special, '84 Team Miyata,(dura ace old school) 80?? SR Semi-Pro 600 Arabesque

Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2340 Post(s)
Liked 2,833 Times in 1,545 Posts
Congrats......... also try to commute...... if you like the bike at night...you might be surprised and how much you like it during the day. Also how far is your commute to work? Depending on the lenghth of the commute and traffic pattersn, you may be surprised to find there is not much time difference (as usual YMMV)

Also from photobucket, copy the .img file and paste it in your post.........and everyone can see the pics without clicking on the link

the bike is looking nice (of course the official bike picture must be done in front of a garage door....... kidding, but look at most of them)