Initially, the seller could not find any information about the bike on the web, because he thought it was a “LENRON”.
Vintage 1950's Raleigh Lenton Grand Prix Road Bike Fixe (sic)
Greg Harris Road Model Very Rare "Resillion" England
Item condition: --
Time left: 8 days 18 hours (Oct 24, 200910:39:43 PDT)
Bid history: 1 bid[Refresh]
Current bid: US $50.00
Item number: 140352391368
Ok 1st off let me start by saying I can not find this bike / frame set any were on the web.I took it to local bike shop(to have a good repacking of all races and the rims trued) and after the owner did some looking he found out is was made in the 50's and is quit rare to see head badge reads"The Raleigh Nottingham England" and what is really crazy is how it is set up I will get to that soon and also I have over 24 pics. of this bike but can only put on 12 so I hope they help you . #'s on bike are under seat they are ''58759 RA''
The Bike stands 23in. from crank to seat clamp and 33in. from ground to seat clamp and is almost 23in. from stem to seat so I hope that helps. The Frame and forks are straight with no dents,cracks,or rewelds. Bike could use a cleaning
The decal on cable side of frame show some rub off from cable. but left side in real nice(pic) .Down tube(under seat)decal has some rub off to the outer 2(pics.7,8) look great.so buy now you want the run down on parts so here it is......
1. Royal Blue Raleigh "Lenton Grand Prix"Genuine English Lightweight Frame and forks with white head tube 531 Tubing
2. Not to sure who made the bars(don't want to take wrap off to find out )
3. Stem / Neck is Raleigh
4. Front brake and lever are alloy stamped "GB Sport MK II British made"
5. Rear brake is chrome and stamped "Made in England",Lever is alloy & stamped Weinmann
6. Saddle / Seat is Brooks champion Standard B-15 with a brooks tool bag (seat could use some saddle cream)
7. Seat post is chrome and I think stock
8. Crank arms are Williams and rings and pedals are Raleigh (Just had crank removed and repacked & I have the chain it needs a master link)
9. Front wheel ring in stamped"Dunlop Speed Light 27-1 1/4 rim with a stamped "Normany made in France" hub and has a goodyear tire but that may need to be changed is a quick release
10. Rear wheel is real sweet has a stamped "Rigida 27-1 1/4 Super Chromix" rim with a very cool flip flop 5 speed / Fixe gear stamped "Resillion made in England" Has a Goodyear tire aswell (needs a new one)
11. I JUST HAD BOTH WHEELS REPACKED AND TRUED
12. Deralier "there's only one" is stamped "Resillion made in England" 5 speed
13. Raleigh Light holder on fork
14. Bike is missing a hockey stick style shifter that hooks up on down tube under seat changes front 2 speeds can't find any thing close to that.
15. Bike is also missing tire pump
I have told you every thing I can about this piece of bike history
Now having said all that I wish I could post more pics but you all know the drill only 12 at a time.
This bike is very old and would turn a lot of heads at shows,the park,or just cruising around town.
Would make a great gift for any one in to vintage road bike's heck even you.
Shipping is flat and only in the USA $55.00
There is NO "BUY-IT NOW" & I will not end early so please don't ask I wont respond you you so bid on
I will ship overseas on this because of the bike but under stand it will cost a bunch of $$$$$$$
Just found this on the web this may be a
1957 Raleigh Lenton Sports Marque III no. 3