Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Thread: N + What?

Muscle bike design spec robtown's Avatar
    My Bikes
    98 Giant CFR-TEAM, 00 Lemond, 08 Kestrel Evoke, 96 Colnago Master Olympic, 01 Colnago Ovalmaster, Raleigh Gran Sport, 03 Fuji World, 86 Paramount, 90 Miyata CF, 09 Ritchey Breakaway CX, Bianchi Trofeo, 12 HyperLite
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

N + What?

I'm trying to trim down on my fleet [let's not discuss the 72 chrome Paramount frame from last week] - honestly!

In order to reduce temptation I bought this vehicle using my bike flip money - a 97 Dodge extended cab 2WD pickup Brand new tires and the air conditioning even works. I expect a 2500 mile / year duty cycle so the impact will be small.

Korval is Ships
    See my Hyperlite 411 it's the photo model on OutRiderUSA web page

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice, Truck, but I really want to see the Paramount.
    A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking. - S. Wright

My Bikes
    98 Giant CFR-TEAM, 00 Lemond, 08 Kestrel Evoke, 96 Colnago Master Olympic, 01 Colnago Ovalmaster, Raleigh Gran Sport, 03 Fuji World, 86 Paramount, 90 Miyata CF, 09 Ritchey Breakaway CX, Bianchi Trofeo, 12 HyperLite
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NOS88 View Post
    Nice, Truck, but I really want to see the Paramount.
    http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread...hing-to-buy...

Both financed by bike funds. All chrome frame was on short list.
    Last edited by robtown; 07-10-11 at 01:03 AM.
    Korval is Ships

My Bikes
    Too many to list, all vintage
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yep, flippers don't get much respect. Paid for my new roof and furnace a couple of years ago, and funded all of my tools and keeper bikes. And it allows me to upgrade my fleet without getting heat at the home front.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wrk101 View Post
    Yep, flippers don't get much respect. Paid for my new roof and furnace a couple of years ago, and funded all of my tools and keeper bikes. And it allows me to upgrade my fleet without getting heat at the home front.
    I've bought SSD drives for my computer, printer heads/ink, an antique table and mirror, and gave my sister $400 towards bringing my great grandfaters+ grandfather clock from my parents house in FL.
    My fleet is at 11 and waiting on another frame. I intend to N-1 a frame and my muscle bike to get down to 10. If I eventually finish my 3spd IGH/Drum Brake/Generator/Honjo fender commuter I'll find out if she's a keeper. Somehow I get distracted. I have a Bertoni to build for some lucky friend and the Chrome Paramount to build/ride.
    I still get grief from the spouse.

Don't tell, but I didn't show the reason I got the truck for $2k less than others in the area. There is a bad dent/rip just behind the passenger compartment in the bed. Totally cosmetic. The engine is clean, quiet, and smooth. Apart from a tire balance, mirror fix, and new radio I'm hoping I'll have few costs over the next few years.
    Korval is Ships

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have that truck, but the blacked-out Sport model...including sunroof. What a work horse, it's been everywhere and done everything. I put a Snugfit shell on the back and carpeted full insert for storage and recreation, surf racks on the top. 150K and it specs out mechanically as just getting warmed up. A/C is killer cold. I plan to own it until it becomes illegal. No resell value anyway considering the 5.9L hemi. Because of that gas mileage it only gets driven when there's a clear purpose and a regular car won't do....