Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Vitus 787 Futural update

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Vitus 787 Futural update

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-12, 03:10 PM

Bikes: Tommasini Super Prestige, Kamra Triathlee, Nishiki Tri-A equipe', Sakai 2000

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Vitus 787 Futural update

Here's the first thread and before pics: https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread...ral?highlight=

Since then I've hunted and collected most of the Mavic parts needed. A stem, bars and brake levers would be a bonus if I can find them for less than the fortune normally asked. Stripping and polishing the rear triangle and head tube was a lot of work. The frame was on a stand next to my tool box at work. I'd sand a little here and there between parts (sometimes ). I've got the 500RD hubs and am still looking for a pair of 28 hole rims to build them up, I'm hoping for some nice Mavic tubulars like some GL330s. That should get the wieght down to <20lbs or so. For now I've got a pair of mismatched but nice wheels on C-Record hubs holding it up. And now on to the after pics...

(still need to pick up a set screw to replace this thing!)
Old 03-04-12, 04:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
hourrah pour le tout MAVIC !!

i got 50x hubs but i'm keeping them ;p

consider this other badass... one wishes mavic had dominated a bit more in parts other than wheels.