ed 

Bikes: Hecklah

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by chelboed
This is not from home.

My home PC looks fine...and blue. (Windows 7 with latest IE) Why the crap is it brown here?

My phone (opera / IE mobile) even looks normal...
Originally Posted by helmut
This is not the Official thread for bashing the new design. Official threads can only be started by ddac or denismenchov...

BTW: I only use Firefox or Chrome usually, but I checked IE8 in Windows 7 and it wasn't brown. You need to go to Tools, Options, Advanced, then uncheck the box in the Display subsection that reads "Display CSS in diarrhea colorway"

Guess who's been writing knowledge base articles all day...
Originally Posted by dminor
Oops. Missed the 'AWAY from home' in your note.

Some mods are noting problems with ugly/overlapping/misplaced crap too. I wonder if some firewalls are garbling things. But then, since I work in a black hole of firewalls, you'd think mine would look that bad too. Hmmmm. . . ..
Originally Posted by chelboed
Man...you AND D are having brainPHart issues today.

This is not on my home computer, helmut. And it's...you're gonna laugh...IE6.__

Ya know...I tried Chrom and Firefox, but for some reason neither one of them would work well. a good 40-50% of the time I would get the DNS error or cannot locate server. Then I'd have to reload or even restart the browser. IE worked every time, so I stuck with it.

I have Firefox on my U3 drive. That's actually what I'm using now, and everything looks normal.

Odd
Originally Posted by 4evrplan
I used FF for a long time (except for one or two sites that didn't support it), but switched back to IE when Micro$oft fixed the security issues becuase of said websites and better performance. Funny, that FF seems to have become the defacto standard now. I have no stats to back it up, but I'd guess their user base has far eclipsed IE's now, and the vast majority of programmers design for it, so maybe I should switch again.

Ed, I haven't tried it, but I believe you can install browsers to a jump drive and have it with you wherever you go if you want to take the geek factor that far.

EDIT: http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/firefox_portable
EDIT: http://portableapps.com/apps/interne...hrome_portable

Should rename this to the "Official Thread of the Literacy Challenged"!!

Just kidding guys...but really.

I can probably see why 4evrpln didn't "get it" b/c some people don't know what a U3 drive is. It's a "jump drive" with U3 programming. (portable applications...that can run from your flash drive) Exactly what I was talking about with FireFox on my U3 drive.

As for Dminor and Helmut...they're just a lost cause