View Single Post
Old 09-03-15, 06:01 AM
Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
Originally Posted by jimmuller
No riding today. Bummer. Things got in the way. But this note is an excuse to post this link!

http://www.bikeforums.net/classic-vi...-ride-5-a.html

Come out to lovely Cape Cod and ride! Oct 10, departing around 10AM (we always intend to gather at 9:39 and we never do). There may be some part-swapping goin' on too.

The CCRT is 22 miles long from Dennis to Wellfleet so the round trip is 44 miles. Most of it is flat but with two bridges over Rt 6 to test your gearing. Plus we'll throw in a short spin over to the Atlantic. Plus there is a great coffee/chocolate shop in Orleans about half way.

Classic bike, modern bike, any bike at all that can go as far as you want to ride!...]
Sounds like a great ride @jmm. I rarely would drive out to start a ride, but cyling that trail is a ride I would like to do. However, that weekend I am joining the Fifty-Plus Annual Ride in Pennsylvania, that I have been anticipating and training for months.

BTW, I have posted a proposal for a Fifty-Plus Boston Bicycle weekend on September 12, of the Tour de Streets to benefit Liveable Streets (to pass through Waltham) and my post of three days duration has received no replies, and a measly 131 views.

So, what’s so special about the middle of nowhere in PA, compared to the Hub?