Old 10-01-06, 09:27 PM
ed 

Bikes: Hecklah

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Twins Fan
I just lost a little over half a pound off my bike by switching to a better cassette and foam grips.
I know I'm a bit of a weight weenie, but I'm not going to go foam. I love my Lizard Logo Lock On grips and I don't ever intend to change those.

As far as cassette goes...I'm pretty much full-on XT. (Hubs, cassette, rear der., front der) I can't really save any significant weight there.

I'll probably start looking for Hone cranx, Kenda 2.35" smallblock 8's, lighter tubes and pedals, and a WTB Rocket V saddle. That should put me in the 29lb range or possibly even less.

I don't want to go all "weight weenie" and negate the toughness of the bike. It is a really tough trail bike, it's just not made for freeriding. If I'm gonna freeride, I'm gonna build a dedicated rig. I just do more small jumps and drops mixed with agressive trail riding on this bike, so why make it weigh more than it really needs to? Heck, I was doing 4 foot to flat with LX cranks...that's plenty for a trail bike. I guess basically where I'm at is that Saint cranks are awesome, but I'm never going to bend or break Hones doing what my bike is designed to do so I may as well lose some weight.

So if I can't get 115 for my Saints, I'll just keep them for a future project.