Old 05-12-08, 08:38 PM
ed 

Bikes: Hecklah

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by robtown
My boss wants to sell it. Apparently it has replacement shocks with 6" + travel (Bullet?) and tri spoke carbon wheels. From the limited hits on ebay it seems Klein is/was a higher end bike but I haven't seen any with the CF wheelset.
It's got no downtube and it's top tube is yellow. I hope to have pics by the weekend.
Sorry about the newbie pricing question but I'm more knowledgeable about road bikes.
I wouldn't pay a bunch for it b/c it's just old. Depending on the build, I'd say $200-$350...it's pretty subjective. Some people will pay way more than its worth just b/c it's freakin' different and weird lookin'. It's a URT too man. Unified Rear Triangle bikes went byebye with the Trek "why-bikes" and the Schwinn homegrowns. (I'd still love to have one of those S-series Homegrowns though) The URT design was "supposed" to address the issue of pedaling efficiency. Stiffer while standing, yet smoother while sitting. Weighty to say the least. Platform kicks URT butt.

The Mantra was a decent bike for its day, but it can't touch a mid-level dually today. Don't expect too much.

Last edited by ed; 05-12-08 at 08:43 PM.