Old 11-03-08, 09:42 PM
ed 

Bikes: Hecklah

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Cheeto'd my frok

I was JRA after work minding my own business heading downtown to get me summadat Sesamee Street Live tickets. I was clipping right along and came up on an alley with a "sidewalk drop-in". I rolled in, looked down the alley as I crossed it to make sure I didn't get creamed by some idiot in a hoopty, when I looked forward again I was immediately introduced to an 8" curb. I didn't expect it to be there or I'd have bunnyhopped my poor 1978 Schwinn Super LeTour 12.2 singlespeed courier bike had I the split second to do so.

I went over the bars quicker'n'snot and hopped back up even faster. I looked around to see if anybody had their cell phone camera pointed at me, but there wasn't a soul in sight. A little banged up and bleeding, I looked my bike over and noticed that the front tire was 2" behind the down tube, BWAHAHAHA!!! My frokking frok was bent backward like a silly biznatch

I took the front wheel out and bent it back to where I "think" it needs to be, hehe.

Road bikes are ghey. I doubt I would have even noticed the curb on my MTB until my rear wheel hit it

Would you recommend me getting a new freaking frok or should I just ride it like it is? (it's steel)

They got these silly Tange 1" threaded little salad-forks for 27" wheels for like 25 bones, but if mine will stand the impact and the "bend-back"...I'd just as soon leave it alone. I got the bike fo free!

Last edited by ed; 11-03-08 at 09:47 PM.