Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

The Wacky World of Craigslist and eBay Ads

Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

The Wacky World of Craigslist and eBay Ads

Old 02-03-21, 10:44 PM
  #19926  
WGB
 
WGB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Niagara Region
Posts: 2,910

Bikes: Panasonic PT-4500

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1790 Post(s)
Liked 2,322 Times in 1,373 Posts
Call it like it is
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...code=undefined

Pimp-cycle
$80

Listed a week ago in Lenox, GA
  • Condition
    Used - Good
WGB is offline  
Old 02-04-21, 02:02 AM
  #19927  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 269
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked 72 Times in 32 Posts
Originally Posted by WGB
Call it like it is
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...code=undefined

Pimp-cycle
$80

Listed a week ago in Lenox, GA
  • Condition
    Used - Good
Are... are those hand painted faux-whitewalls? Wow...

And those cranks do not belong, a pimp-cycle needs something way more blingy.
j_e_r_e_m_y is offline  
Old 02-05-21, 06:47 PM
  #19928  
Bikes are okay, I guess.
 
thumpism's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 6,938

Bikes: Waterford Paramount Touring, Giant CFM-2, Raleigh Sports 3-speeds in M23 & L23, Schwinn Cimarron oddball build, Marin Palisades Trail dropbar conversion, Nishiki Cresta GT

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2647 Post(s)
Liked 2,446 Times in 1,557 Posts
TIRE FRAMES!!!

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...78092268988132

2 Vintage Raleigh Nottingham bicycle tire frames

thumpism is offline  
Old 02-06-21, 08:47 AM
  #19929  
Happy With My Bikes
 
Chuck M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,174

Bikes: Hi-Ten bike boomers, a Trek Domane and some projects

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 874 Post(s)
Liked 2,297 Times in 1,109 Posts
Pandemic pricing still in full effect...

Bicycle in good condition asking 200.00 dollars
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...code=undefined
__________________
"It is the unknown around the corner that turns my wheels." -- Heinz Stcke

Chuck M is offline  
Likes For Chuck M:
Old 02-06-21, 09:18 AM
  #19930  
The dropped
 
Unca_Sam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 2,144

Bikes: Pake C'Mute Touring/Commuter Build, 1989 Kona Cinder Cone, 1995 Trek 5200, 1973 Raleigh Super Course FG, 1960/61 Montgomery Ward Hawthorne "thrift" 3 speed, by Hercules (sold) : 1966 Schwinn Deluxe Racer (sold)

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1739 Post(s)
Liked 1,014 Times in 696 Posts
Originally Posted by Chuck M
Pandemic pricing still in full effect...


https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...code=undefined
From here that looks like component pricing. Maybe worth a look? Rolf wheelset, 105 crankset and integrated shifters, brakes.
RD looks beyond repair, and der hanger might be screwed too. $200 for a Rolf wheelset and extras isn't terrible though.
Unca_Sam is offline  
Old 02-06-21, 11:58 AM
  #19931  
WGB
 
WGB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Niagara Region
Posts: 2,910

Bikes: Panasonic PT-4500

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1790 Post(s)
Liked 2,322 Times in 1,373 Posts
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...code=undefined

I like the part about "Comfy vintage look lots of life left" and fact it was located under "Equestrian Equipment" because, you know they are called saddles.....

per ad:

Brooks leather bicycle seat saddle vintage
$40 just reduced from $60
Sporting Goods

Equestrian Equipment
Listed 7 weeks ago in Omaha, NE
Condition
  • Used - Good
Comfy vintage look lots of life left







Seller has oh, so much more to offer.

$30
Described as
  • Condition
    Used - Good
"Old but nice and rideable"



$60
Described as

Condition
Used - Good
"Good hi end model vintage"


Last edited by WGB; 02-06-21 at 12:02 PM.
WGB is offline  
Old 02-06-21, 12:14 PM
  #19932  
WGB
 
WGB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Niagara Region
Posts: 2,910

Bikes: Panasonic PT-4500

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1790 Post(s)
Liked 2,322 Times in 1,373 Posts
I had to follow up the above. Seller also has a few of his hand made bikes for sale and he actually gets an average of between 4-5 stars for selling.

PS: Never seen a $130,000 bike before so now my life has a purpose as I set out to search for one.......

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...code=undefined

Per AD
Bike bicycle new art handmade craftsmanship by me transportation value at $6400
$2,400
Hobbies

Bicycles
Listed 20 weeks ago in Omaha, NE
Condition New

I am a custom handmade bike frame builder taught by the best in the usa. I build bicycles for a nonprofit called the ukrainian bike project This bike is a top of the line show piece used to show what quality work I do. Made front the best steel available. Highest quality paint job. Internal shifting brakes and power gun that powers tail light with auto brake and headlight with auto daytime light. The chain guard is still in paint booth and will be included and installed. Just the fork alone takes over 20 hours to make. The stainless steel crosses are lazer cut and hand filed. I hope to find someone who can appreciate and understand the value in this work of art. I will be donating all proceeds to someone in a hard spot in life. Bless you to bless others



Also

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...code=undefined

Per Ad:

Bike bicycle custom copper one of a kind electronic hydraulic chris king value $12,000
$5,800
Hobbies

Bicycles
Listed 20 weeks ago in Omaha, NE
Condition New
One of a kind build. I am a bike designer and builder. All the time, work and parts are valued at around $12,000 This is real copper plate done by local shop. Does not add weight and is lighter than most paint or powder coating. All top of the line. Custom internal wiring. This was built mainly as advertised work to show what I can do for people. A ridable work of art. I have seen copper bikes on line sell for $130,000 and the builder is unknown and mounts parts on upside-down. I am asking for less than just the material cost to build not including the real copper finish Which would cost close to $2000. I hope to find someone who appreciates and understands true art and craftsmanship. I will be donating all proceeds to a person in a hard spot. Bless you to bless others.


WGB is offline  
Old 02-07-21, 12:45 AM
  #19933  
seor miembro
 
SurferRosa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Pac NW
Posts: 6,592

Bikes: '70s - '80s Campagnolo

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3854 Post(s)
Liked 6,448 Times in 3,188 Posts

https://eugene.craigslist.org/bik/d/...266166070.html

she: stand it over there by those old chairs.
he: here?
she: I don't see any other chairs, do you?
he: ok, now what?
​​​​​​​she: stand still while I take the picture.
he: I shouldn't be in it, should I?
​​​​​​​she: you're moving!
he: why am I in this picture?
​​​​​​​she: it'll be nice. act like you're working on it.
he: what?
​​​​​​​she: stand still! we'll get more for it this way.
he: how you figure?
​​​​​​​she: it'll look like you're a regular sort of person.
he: what??
​​​​​​​she: stand still! [click.]
​​​​​​​he: did you get it?
she: you heard it click didn't you?
​​​​​​​he: how much you think we should ask?
she: I saw on the news there's a bike shortage.
​​​​​​​he: so ... $300?
she: no! a worldwide bike shortage! at least $1,000!
​​​​​​​he: nobody's going to pay that for this damn thing.
she: you watch! I'll get $1,000 for it. then I can buy my new, digital sewing machine...
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​he: what?!
SurferRosa is offline  
Old 02-07-21, 08:12 AM
  #19934  
Bikes are okay, I guess.
 
thumpism's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 6,938

Bikes: Waterford Paramount Touring, Giant CFM-2, Raleigh Sports 3-speeds in M23 & L23, Schwinn Cimarron oddball build, Marin Palisades Trail dropbar conversion, Nishiki Cresta GT

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2647 Post(s)
Liked 2,446 Times in 1,557 Posts
Originally Posted by SurferRosa
she: you watch! I'll get $1,000 for it. then I can buy my new, digital sewing machine...
​​​​​​​
My wife sews and has had several machines. Good luck with that grand; she'll blow that in the Notions department.
thumpism is offline  
Likes For thumpism:
Old 02-07-21, 08:38 AM
  #19935  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Menomonee Falls, WI
Posts: 1,832

Bikes: 1984 Schwinn Supersport, 1988 Trek 400T, 1977 Trek TX900, 1982 Bianchi Champione del Mondo, 1978 Raleigh Supercourse, 1986 Trek 400 Elance, 1991 Waterford PDG OS Paramount, 1971 Schwinn Sports Tourer, 1985 Trek 670

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 603 Post(s)
Liked 1,061 Times in 533 Posts
Originally Posted by WGB
I had to follow up the above. Seller also has a few of his hand made bikes for sale and he actually gets an average of between 4-5 stars for selling.

PS: Never seen a $130,000 bike before so now my life has a purpose as I set out to search for one.......

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...code=undefined

Per AD
Bike bicycle new art handmade craftsmanship by me transportation value at $6400
$2,400
Hobbies

Bicycles
Listed 20 weeks ago in Omaha, NE
Condition New

I am a custom handmade bike frame builder taught by the best in the usa. I build bicycles for a nonprofit called the ukrainian bike project This bike is a top of the line show piece used to show what quality work I do. Made front the best steel available. Highest quality paint job. Internal shifting brakes and power gun that powers tail light with auto brake and headlight with auto daytime light. The chain guard is still in paint booth and will be included and installed. Just the fork alone takes over 20 hours to make. The stainless steel crosses are lazer cut and hand filed. I hope to find someone who can appreciate and understand the value in this work of art. I will be donating all proceeds to someone in a hard spot in life. Bless you to bless others



Also

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...code=undefined

Per Ad:

Bike bicycle custom copper one of a kind electronic hydraulic chris king value $12,000
$5,800
Hobbies

Bicycles
Listed 20 weeks ago in Omaha, NE
Condition New
One of a kind build. I am a bike designer and builder. All the time, work and parts are valued at around $12,000 This is real copper plate done by local shop. Does not add weight and is lighter than most paint or powder coating. All top of the line. Custom internal wiring. This was built mainly as advertised work to show what I can do for people. A ridable work of art. I have seen copper bikes on line sell for $130,000 and the builder is unknown and mounts parts on upside-down. I am asking for less than just the material cost to build not including the real copper finish Which would cost close to $2000. I hope to find someone who appreciates and understands true art and craftsmanship. I will be donating all proceeds to a person in a hard spot. Bless you to bless others.



If he was an artist, he really would starve. Those are hideous!
Tim
tkamd73 is offline  
Old 02-07-21, 10:14 AM
  #19936  
Senior Member
 
curbtender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: SF Bay Area, East bay
Posts: 7,641

Bikes: Miyata 618 GT, Marinoni, Kestral 200 2002 Trek 5200, KHS Flite, Koga Miyata, Schwinn Spitfire 5, Mondia Special, Univega Alpina, Miyata team Ti, Santa Cruz Highball

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1604 Post(s)
Liked 2,564 Times in 1,214 Posts
Originally Posted by tkamd73
If he was an artist, he really would starve. Those are hideous!
Tim
curbtender is offline  
Old 02-07-21, 09:22 PM
  #19937  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 45

Bikes: Ross Centaur - Pink & White | Surly Pacer - Gravel Conversion | The Black Prince - Vintage Hard Rock upright | Specialized Carbon Frankenroadie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
1983 Univega Alpina Uno

Actually talked this guy down to $160 before realizing that it would be a violation of the S minus 1 rule. Maybe someone else can benefit.

offerup.com/item/detail/1064777011/

(May need some link help, as I haven't hit 10 posts yet)
munkymack is offline  
Old 02-08-21, 10:34 AM
  #19938  
Keepin it Wheel
 
RubeRad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: San Diego
Posts: 10,243

Bikes: Surly CrossCheck, Krampus

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked 3,413 Times in 2,522 Posts
Originally Posted by SurferRosa

https://eugene.craigslist.org/bik/d/...266166070.html

she: stand it over there by those old chairs.
he: here?
she: I don't see any other chairs, do you?
he: ok, now what?
she: stand still while I take the picture.
he: I shouldn't be in it, should I?
​​​​​​​she: you're moving!
he: why am I in this picture?
​​​​​​​she: it'll be nice. act like you're working on it.
he: what?
​​​​​​​she: stand still! we'll get more for it this way.
he: how you figure?
​​​​​​​she: it'll look like you're a regular sort of person.
he: what??
​​​​​​​she: stand still! [click.]
​​​​​​​he: did you get it?
she: you heard it click didn't you?
​​​​​​​he: how much you think we should ask?
she: I saw on the news there's a bike shortage.
​​​​​​​he: so ... $300?
she: no! a worldwide bike shortage! at least $1,000!
​​​​​​​he: nobody's going to pay that for this damn thing.
she: you watch! I'll get $1,000 for it. then I can buy my new, digital sewing machine...
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​he: what?!
Fantastic dialog, it really provides an entertaining and believable backstory to the picture!
RubeRad is offline  
Old 02-08-21, 11:41 AM
  #19939  
Senior Member
 
Velo Mule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 2,107

Bikes: Trek 800 x 2, Schwinn Heavy Duti, Schwinn Traveler, Schwinn Le Tour Luxe, Schwinn Continental, Cannondale M400 and Lambert, Schwinn Super Sport

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 809 Post(s)
Liked 1,018 Times in 664 Posts
Originally Posted by WGB
Bike bicycle new art handmade craftsmanship by me transportation value at $6400
$2,400
Hobbies

Bicycles
Listed 20 weeks ago in Omaha, NE
Condition New

I am a custom handmade bike frame builder taught by the best in the usa. I build bicycles for a nonprofit called the ukrainian bike project This bike is a top of the line show piece used to show what quality work I do. Made front the best steel available. Highest quality paint job. Internal shifting brakes and power gun that powers tail light with auto brake and headlight with auto daytime light. The chain guard is still in paint booth and will be included and installed. Just the fork alone takes over 20 hours to make. The stainless steel crosses are lazer cut and hand filed. I hope to find someone who can appreciate and understand the value in this work of art. I will be donating all proceeds to someone in a hard spot in life. Bless you to bless others




Condition New
One of a kind build. I am a bike designer and builder. All the time, work and parts are valued at around $12,000 This is real copper plate done by local shop. Does not add weight and is lighter than most paint or powder coating. All top of the line. Custom internal wiring. This was built mainly as advertised work to show what I can do for people. A ridable work of art. I have seen copper bikes on line sell for $130,000 and the builder is unknown and mounts parts on upside-down. I am asking for less than just the material cost to build not including the real copper finish Which would cost close to $2000. I hope to find someone who appreciates and understands true art and craftsmanship. I will be donating all proceeds to a person in a hard spot. Bless you to bless others.


This looks to be one of Doug's students. At least we can say that they were trained by the best is true.

Doug Fattic

Last edited by Velo Mule; 02-08-21 at 05:47 PM.
Velo Mule is offline  
Old 02-09-21, 06:36 PM
  #19940  
WGB
 
WGB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Niagara Region
Posts: 2,910

Bikes: Panasonic PT-4500

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1790 Post(s)
Liked 2,322 Times in 1,373 Posts
Lesson to be learned from this, even assuming there is any truth here.

Just adding brake and shifter cables is not a restoration! I expect the cotter cranks haven't been touched. "Tires are a little cracked but hold air". Perhaps the tubes are holding air but those tires are well past the time to die stage.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...code=undefined

Vintage Dawes Galaxy Bike sale or trade
$120

Listed 3 days ago in Edmond, OK
Condition
  • Used - Good
Just restored vintage bike. New brake and shifting cables. Everything functions. Tires are a little cracked but hold air. Will consider trades.





WGB is offline  
Old 02-10-21, 09:37 AM
  #19941  
Senior Member
 
abshipp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Greenville SC
Posts: 4,111

Bikes: 1975 Motobecane Grand Jubile, 2020 Holdsworth Competition, 2022 Giant Trance 29 3

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3347 Post(s)
Liked 3,592 Times in 1,235 Posts
Another day, another "it's got Italian parts so it must be Italian, and therefore very expensive"

This does include the most creative interpretation of Campagnolo I've seen so far

Italian bike frame $600

"High end italian bicycle frame. Sleek road bike. Used listed price, $800-$2000, asking $600. '75 camgronoi(sp). Text only"



(looks to me like a late 70s/early 80s Super Le Tour 12.2 or Voyageur 11.8)
abshipp is offline  
Old 02-12-21, 12:04 AM
  #19942  
mycocyclist
 
machinist42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Monkey Junction, Wilmington, NC
Posts: 1,230

Bikes: 1964 Schwinn Paramount P-13 DeLuxe, 1964 Schwinn Sport Super Sport, 1972 Falcon San Remo, 1974 Maserati MT-1, 1974 Raleigh International, 1984 Lotus Odyssey, 198? Rossin Ghibli, 1990 LeMond Le Vanquer (sic), 1991 Specialized Allez Transition Pro, +

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 907 Post(s)
Liked 811 Times in 448 Posts
Reading Is .... Nevermind

Diamondback bicycle - $60

Posted 2021-02-12 00:03



"A good ole Diamondback Iguana. Everything is here, it just needs a good tune up. It has been sitting in a garage for years. No rust or broken parts. Its a very solid well made bike. Feel free to call or text with any questions.
803-360-3056

bicycle frame material: steel

bicycle type: mountain
brake type: caliper
condition: good
frame size: 16/17
handlebar type: flat
make / manufacturer: Diamondback
model name / number: Iguana
suspension: none (rigid)
wheel size: 26 in"

https://columbia.craigslist.org/bik/...276308413.html
machinist42 is offline  
Old 02-12-21, 04:51 PM
  #19943  
Disco Infiltrator
 
Darth Lefty's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Folsom CA
Posts: 13,446

Bikes: Stormchaser, Paramount, Tilt, Samba tandem

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3126 Post(s)
Liked 2,102 Times in 1,366 Posts
Hurry, this deal won't last

__________________
Genesis 49:16-17
Darth Lefty is offline  
Old 02-12-21, 05:50 PM
  #19944  
Bikes are okay, I guess.
 
thumpism's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 6,938

Bikes: Waterford Paramount Touring, Giant CFM-2, Raleigh Sports 3-speeds in M23 & L23, Schwinn Cimarron oddball build, Marin Palisades Trail dropbar conversion, Nishiki Cresta GT

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2647 Post(s)
Liked 2,446 Times in 1,557 Posts
What, no link to the ad?
Originally Posted by Darth Lefty
Hurry, this deal won't last

thumpism is offline  
Old 02-12-21, 08:38 PM
  #19945  
Full Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 327
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked 73 Times in 48 Posts
____________________________________________________________________________________

Vintage Bike (Huffy Santa Fe) - $180


https://southjersey.craigslist.org/b...261578077.html

_____________________________________________________________________________________
-



Vintage 26 inch 19 speed Huffy Santa Fe with all original tires, seat and handle bar grips,
unsure of age but presumed to be in the 1970s.

_______________________________________________________________________________________
vintagebicycle is offline  
Old 02-13-21, 03:11 PM
  #19946  
WGB
 
WGB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Niagara Region
Posts: 2,910

Bikes: Panasonic PT-4500

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1790 Post(s)
Liked 2,322 Times in 1,373 Posts
Ok peeps, I'm confused. Which one is worth $150? For that matter, how are these "tour bikes"?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...69823893118380

2 vintage tour bikes
$150

Listed 2 hours ago in Springfield, IL
  • Condition
    Used - Good
both the bike and frame, plus other rims and tires all go . 150$ obo the one frame alone is a few hundred dollars



WGB is offline  
Old 02-13-21, 03:41 PM
  #19947  
WGB
 
WGB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Niagara Region
Posts: 2,910

Bikes: Panasonic PT-4500

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1790 Post(s)
Liked 2,322 Times in 1,373 Posts
At last! Honest in pricing. Respect must be shown. Compare this to the above pricing, at least here you'd end up with some bikes that could be ridden (after new tires, etc)

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...code=undefined

Free Spirit Vintage Bikes
$20

Listed about an hour ago in Westerville, OH
Condition
  • Used - Fair
Two, his and hers, Free Spirit vintage bikes. Perfect for a restoration project. $20 for each bike.

WGB is offline  
Old 02-13-21, 03:43 PM
  #19948  
Senior Member
 
malcala622's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Pico Rivera, CA
Posts: 4,181

Bikes: 1983 Basso Gap...2013 Colnago CX-1...2015 Bianchi Intenso

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1198 Post(s)
Liked 1,353 Times in 715 Posts
Originally Posted by thumpism
What, no link to the ad?
Looks like a jensonusa listing on their website.
malcala622 is offline  
Old 02-13-21, 09:02 PM
  #19949  
Full Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 334
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked 145 Times in 78 Posts
Originally Posted by gaucho777
What the heck happened to this BB cup?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CAMPAGNOLO-...UAAOSw6XZfztm-

When you lay the wattage down.
Het Volk is offline  
Old 02-13-21, 09:14 PM
  #19950  
Full Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 334
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked 145 Times in 78 Posts
Originally Posted by vintagebicycle
____________________________________________________________________________________

Vintage Bike (Huffy Santa Fe) - $180


https://southjersey.craigslist.org/b...261578077.html

_____________________________________________________________________________________
-



Vintage 26 inch 19 speed Huffy Santa Fe with all original tires, seat and handle bar grips,
unsure of age but presumed to be in the 1970s.

_______________________________________________________________________________________
First of all - I love this bike for everything it represents.

- 19 speeds - truth in advertising, because this seller is likely taking into account the fact it does not actually cross chain to make use of all of the gear ratios.
- 26" wheels? Were those a thing on road bikes in the 70's? Honest question, because that would be a rare bird, no?
- The paint job alone is worth the price. If I were to encapsulate the 1970's into a single color scheme, this would be it. This bike is the bike equivalent of how the Bad New Bears was the perfect encapsulation of what the 70's was like for suburban America.
- Is that an oversized head tube on a 1970's bike?
- The saddle? Are those rivets or snap on buttons for the saddle cover over a molded shell?
Het Volk is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.