Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

For the love of English 3 speeds...

Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

For the love of English 3 speeds...

Old 02-09-23, 10:47 AM
  #26701  
Bikes are okay, I guess.
 
thumpism's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 6,938

Bikes: Waterford Paramount Touring, Giant CFM-2, Raleigh Sports 3-speeds in M23 & L23, Schwinn Cimarron oddball build, Marin Palisades Trail dropbar conversion, Nishiki Cresta GT

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2647 Post(s)
Liked 2,446 Times in 1,557 Posts
Looks like a his 'n' hers Hercules pair with 23" frames for $150 in PA.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...56399763219665

thumpism is offline  
Likes For thumpism:
Old 02-12-23, 08:38 PM
  #26702  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 17,134
Mentioned: 481 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3795 Post(s)
Liked 6,601 Times in 2,589 Posts
Originally Posted by nlerner
Reasonably well preserved (including Brooks B.72 saddles) his and hers Raleigh Sports in MA for $200 (which is twice as much as I'd pay, fwiw):

https://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/bi...586716132.html

Well, now it looks that the seller did drop the price to $100. Hmm.

https://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/bi...586716132.html
nlerner is online now  
Likes For nlerner:
Old 02-13-23, 08:51 AM
  #26703  
On the road
 
SirMike1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: New England
Posts: 2,169

Bikes: Old Schwinns and old Raleighs

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 373 Post(s)
Liked 844 Times in 322 Posts
Around here, that pair might sell for $100, probably not for much more. I live in a fairly rural, hilly area and 3-speeds are not popular here. People seem to like how they look, but most of the bikes I see are mountain or road bikes with 10+ speeds, or more recently, e-bikes. I'd pay more for an old 3 speed around here than most people would, but I'm one of the few people who specifically looks for them. I'm surprised at how quickly e-bikes are proliferating here. I now see 1 brand new e-bike on the road for every 2 regular bikes I see. I bet within the next two years it will be 50/50.

If you want his & hers 3-speeds as a Valentine's Day present, I'd say they're worth $200, given that $200 doesn't actually buy much any more. And there is $200 worth of parts there if you are the less romantic type. The bigger issue is the space to store them and the time and parts to fix them. I know I couldn't add two more bikes - I'm out of space to store them and probably won't have time to fix them. As it is, I need to downsize a bit.
__________________
Classic American and British Roadsters, Utility Bikes, and Sporting Bikes (1935-1979):
https://bikeshedva.blogspot.com/
SirMike1983 is offline  
Old 02-13-23, 09:22 AM
  #26704  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 17,134
Mentioned: 481 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3795 Post(s)
Liked 6,601 Times in 2,589 Posts
Originally Posted by SirMike1983
Around here, that pair might sell for $100, probably not for much more. I live in a fairly rural, hilly area and 3-speeds are not popular here. People seem to like how they look, but most of the bikes I see are mountain or road bikes with 10+ speeds, or more recently, e-bikes. I'd pay more for an old 3 speed around here than most people would, but I'm one of the few people who specifically looks for them. I'm surprised at how quickly e-bikes are proliferating here. I now see 1 brand new e-bike on the road for every 2 regular bikes I see. I bet within the next two years it will be 50/50.

If you want his & hers 3-speeds as a Valentine's Day present, I'd say they're worth $200, given that $200 doesn't actually buy much any more. And there is $200 worth of parts there if you are the less romantic type. The bigger issue is the space to store them and the time and parts to fix them. I know I couldn't add two more bikes - I'm out of space to store them and probably won't have time to fix them. As it is, I need to downsize a bit.
Thanks, Mike. I did reach out to the seller last night, and they reported someone was coming by this morning to purchase the bikes. The seller did confirm that the price was $100 for both. I wouldn't have bought them to keep; instead, I would likely sell off the saddles to finance the operation, overhaul them, and then give them away to colleagues (grad students seem to be the most keen group to get a free bike). Getting more people on bikes is my goal!
nlerner is online now  
Old 02-13-23, 01:37 PM
  #26705  
Senior Member
 
Ged117's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 578

Bikes: 1951 Sun Wasp, 1953 Armstrong Consort, 1975 Raleigh Competition, 1980 Apollo Gran Sport, 1988 Schwinn Voyageur, Mystery MTB

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 359 Post(s)
Liked 451 Times in 190 Posts
Visited a LBS looking for some brake cables for the Triumph (finished a parts-bin drop bar conversion - the semi-upright bar set up wasn't working). The owner had his 1958 Raleigh Superbe within, including a B-72 refinished by Brooks some years ago. I didn't grab any photos since we were speaking, but it looks like the bicycle below, same blue colour, but in a much better condition. His came with an SW hub, which he put aside as it wasn't working, and now runs a '54 dated AW. Fun to see one in such a nice state of preservation. In these parts, I see old Raleighs and their Canadian made brands of the 60s and 70s really often during warm months, and rarely a '50s type. I usually don't run into people with deep Sturmey Archer and old Brit bike obsessions like myself, so it was fun to chat with him.

Ged117 is offline  
Old 02-13-23, 02:50 PM
  #26706  
Senior Member
 
dweenk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,799

Bikes: Lots of English 3-speeds, a couple of old road bikes, 3 mountain bikes, 1 hybrid, and a couple of mash-ups

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 887 Post(s)
Liked 335 Times in 225 Posts
I am not sure that this is allowed but, I just posted my Raleigh Tourist in the "For Sale" section.
dweenk is offline  
Old 02-13-23, 03:21 PM
  #26707  
Senior Member
 
markk900's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ontario
Posts: 2,648
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 478 Post(s)
Liked 634 Times in 336 Posts
Ged117 : love that superb....same colour as my Humber....
markk900 is offline  
Likes For markk900:
Old 02-13-23, 03:44 PM
  #26708  
Phyllo-buster
 
clubman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 8,841

Bikes: roadsters, club bikes, fixed and classic

Mentioned: 133 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2295 Post(s)
Liked 2,041 Times in 1,250 Posts
His and hers Superbes. Minty fresh. Different secondary colours, I believe these were '61s

clubman is offline  
Likes For clubman:
Old 02-13-23, 04:05 PM
  #26709  
Senior Member
 
markk900's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ontario
Posts: 2,648
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 478 Post(s)
Liked 634 Times in 336 Posts
clubman : I must have been sleeping but when did Raleigh 3 speeds get chrome socks? Lovely bikes but I expect very expensive if they are even for sale.
markk900 is offline  
Old 02-13-23, 04:16 PM
  #26710  
Senior Member
 
Ged117's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 578

Bikes: 1951 Sun Wasp, 1953 Armstrong Consort, 1975 Raleigh Competition, 1980 Apollo Gran Sport, 1988 Schwinn Voyageur, Mystery MTB

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 359 Post(s)
Liked 451 Times in 190 Posts
Originally Posted by clubman
His and hers Superbes. Minty fresh. Different secondary colours, I believe these were '61s

The men's model is exactly the same condition as the fellow I spoke with, only his has the darker, somewhat gold secondary colour, and running a very nicely redone leather B-72 in aged honey colour. Fun to run into one of these in the wild. I almost made him an offer!
Ged117 is offline  
Likes For Ged117:
Old 02-13-23, 08:50 PM
  #26711  
Phyllo-buster
 
clubman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 8,841

Bikes: roadsters, club bikes, fixed and classic

Mentioned: 133 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2295 Post(s)
Liked 2,041 Times in 1,250 Posts
Originally Posted by markk900
clubman : I must have been sleeping but when did Raleigh 3 speeds get chrome socks? Lovely bikes but I expect very expensive if they are even for sale.
There was a period in the late 50s/early '60s where Raleigh Canada used either paint or chrome for their sox. I had a very nice 57 women frame in the bold red with white sox and a couple of the chrome versions as well. These bikes usually had starbursts around the headtube lugs.


clubman is offline  
Likes For clubman:
Old 02-16-23, 07:41 AM
  #26712  
Bikes are okay, I guess.
 
thumpism's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 6,938

Bikes: Waterford Paramount Touring, Giant CFM-2, Raleigh Sports 3-speeds in M23 & L23, Schwinn Cimarron oddball build, Marin Palisades Trail dropbar conversion, Nishiki Cresta GT

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2647 Post(s)
Liked 2,446 Times in 1,557 Posts
Sportsette for $40 here in town. Looks like it needs a gear cable.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...47900769903488

thumpism is offline  
Likes For thumpism:
Old 02-16-23, 12:01 PM
  #26713  
Standard Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Brunswick, Maine
Posts: 4,246

Bikes: 1948 P. Barnard & Son, 1962 Rudge Sports, 1963 Freddie Grubb Routier, 1980 Manufrance Hirondelle, 1983 F. Moser Sprint, 1989 Raleigh Technium Pre, 2001 Raleigh M80

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1292 Post(s)
Liked 928 Times in 484 Posts
'33 Sunbeam Golden (not my bike)
__________________
Pay attention. Take names. Act.
1989Pre is offline  
Likes For 1989Pre:
Old 02-16-23, 01:59 PM
  #26714  
Bikes are okay, I guess.
 
thumpism's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 6,938

Bikes: Waterford Paramount Touring, Giant CFM-2, Raleigh Sports 3-speeds in M23 & L23, Schwinn Cimarron oddball build, Marin Palisades Trail dropbar conversion, Nishiki Cresta GT

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2647 Post(s)
Liked 2,446 Times in 1,557 Posts
Turista bones still languishing outside the now-closed co-op. New place is not open yet but they evidently moved everything they wanted there over there and the stuff left behind has been disappearing piece by piece.


I like Tourists but don't need/want one and don't want to hassle with another one (this would be about #5 if that were to happen) but if someone really, really, really wants it, contact me and I'll try to help you out. Missing the front wheel and part of the chaincase; fighting my instincts, I really have not looked that closely.
thumpism is offline  
Old 02-17-23, 07:26 AM
  #26715  
www.theheadbadge.com
 
cudak888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Southern Florida
Posts: 28,483

Bikes: https://www.theheadbadge.com

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2405 Post(s)
Liked 4,359 Times in 2,079 Posts
Originally Posted by thumpism
Turista bones still languishing outside the now-closed co-op. New place is not open yet but they evidently moved everything they wanted there over there and the stuff left behind has been disappearing piece by piece.

I like Tourists but don't need/want one and don't want to hassle with another one (this would be about #5 if that were to happen) but if someone really, really, really wants it, contact me and I'll try to help you out. Missing the front wheel and part of the chaincase; fighting my instincts, I really have not looked that closely.
Don't need a Tourist, but a neighbor of mine does need a replacement rear (IIRC) rim for his Tourist, if you come across one in your travels.

-Kurt
__________________












cudak888 is offline  
Old 02-17-23, 09:40 AM
  #26716  
Bikes are okay, I guess.
 
thumpism's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 6,938

Bikes: Waterford Paramount Touring, Giant CFM-2, Raleigh Sports 3-speeds in M23 & L23, Schwinn Cimarron oddball build, Marin Palisades Trail dropbar conversion, Nishiki Cresta GT

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2647 Post(s)
Liked 2,446 Times in 1,557 Posts
Originally Posted by cudak888
Don't need a Tourist, but a neighbor of mine does need a replacement rear (IIRC) rim for his Tourist, if you come across one in your travels.
I think the rears are all 40H but you might want to verify with your neighbor what he needs. If he's desperate I can fetch the carcass, remove the wheel and cut out the spokes in order to ship the rim, then keep the hub for myself and junk the rest but that's way more work than I want to do in the middle of the house remodel (kitchen and living room coming along nicely, thanks). I don't even have time--and more importantly, the energy-- to play with my own bike stuff. I'm sure your neighbor can find a rim more easily than that. Or maybe not. Perhaps by the time he decides, this one will have vanished.

P.S. I'd hate to junk the remains. Tourists are just too neat for that kind of treatment. If the thing disappears I'd wonder where it went but would at least be certain that I was not the one who sent it to its demise.

Last edited by thumpism; 02-17-23 at 09:44 AM.
thumpism is offline  
Old 02-17-23, 09:48 AM
  #26717  
www.theheadbadge.com
 
cudak888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Southern Florida
Posts: 28,483

Bikes: https://www.theheadbadge.com

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2405 Post(s)
Liked 4,359 Times in 2,079 Posts
Originally Posted by thumpism
I think the rears are all 40H but you might want to verify with your neighbor what he needs. If he's desperate I can fetch the carcass, remove the wheel and cut out the spokes in order to ship the rim, then keep the hub for myself and junk the rest but that's way more work than I want to do in the middle of the house remodel (kitchen and living room coming along nicely, thanks). I don't even have time--and more importantly, the energy-- to play with my own bike stuff. I'm sure your neighbor can find a rim more easily than that. Or maybe not. Perhaps by the time he decides, this one will have vanished.

P.S. I'd hate to junk the remains. Tourists are just too neat for that kind of treatment. If the thing disappears I'd wonder where it went but would at least be certain that I was not the one who sent it to its demise.
Even the later DL-1s with 36h front rims run 40h in the back, IIRC. I'd feel safe in assuming his follows that pattern.

From the looks of it, the rim looks pretty rusty anyway; was really just fishing to see if anyone had a spare hoop they'd part with.

If it wasn't for your remodeling, your time and effort, and the fact that these things are the size of the QE2, I'd just say plop the whole thing in a box and we'll tear it apart here. I know both my neighbor and I could both probably make use of the bits

-Kurt
__________________












cudak888 is offline  
Old 02-17-23, 09:58 AM
  #26718  
Bikes are okay, I guess.
 
thumpism's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 6,938

Bikes: Waterford Paramount Touring, Giant CFM-2, Raleigh Sports 3-speeds in M23 & L23, Schwinn Cimarron oddball build, Marin Palisades Trail dropbar conversion, Nishiki Cresta GT

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2647 Post(s)
Liked 2,446 Times in 1,557 Posts
Originally Posted by cudak888
Even the later DL-1s with 36h front rims run 40h in the back, IIRC. I'd feel safe in assuming his follows that pattern.

From the looks of it, the rim looks pretty rusty anyway; was really just fishing to see if anyone had a spare hoop they'd part with.

If it wasn't for your remodeling, your time and effort, and the fact that these things are the size of the QE2, I'd just say plop the whole thing in a box and we'll tear it apart here. I know both my neighbor and I could both probably make use of the bits

-Kurt
I might just go grab it anyway. This is the essence of C&V, after all, and what reasonable practitioner of the art can refuse?
------------------------------------

Meanwhile, a men's 24" Turista and a ladies' Sports for $300 in NJ.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...42855893226963



thumpism is offline  
Likes For thumpism:
Old 02-17-23, 10:00 AM
  #26719  
www.theheadbadge.com
 
cudak888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Southern Florida
Posts: 28,483

Bikes: https://www.theheadbadge.com

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2405 Post(s)
Liked 4,359 Times in 2,079 Posts
Originally Posted by thumpism
I might just go grab it anyway. This is the essence of C&V, after all, and what reasonable practitioner of the art can refuse?
So long as your War Department doesn't object to it, it'll be in much better hands sitting around your place gathering rust slowly with a potential future (assuming you have no other place to store it than outside), than sitting in that dirt pit rusting quickly for inevitable scrapping.

Face it, even if someone else does pick it up with the intent of putting it back together, the chances that said person is familiar with rod brakes, 28" wheels, and 90mm dropout spacing is unlikely.

-Kurt
__________________













Last edited by cudak888; 02-17-23 at 11:49 AM.
cudak888 is offline  
Old 02-17-23, 04:59 PM
  #26720  
Bikes are okay, I guess.
 
thumpism's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 6,938

Bikes: Waterford Paramount Touring, Giant CFM-2, Raleigh Sports 3-speeds in M23 & L23, Schwinn Cimarron oddball build, Marin Palisades Trail dropbar conversion, Nishiki Cresta GT

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2647 Post(s)
Liked 2,446 Times in 1,557 Posts
Originally Posted by cudak888
So long as your War Department doesn't object to it, it'll be in much better hands sitting around your place gathering rust slowly with a potential future (assuming you have no other place to store it than outside), than sitting in that dirt pit rusting quickly for inevitable scrapping.

Face it, even if someone else does pick it up with the intent of putting it back together, the chances that said person is familiar with rod brakes, 28" wheels, and 90mm dropout spacing is unlikely.
War Department is no problem. She's a fabric junkie and we have an "arrangement," one of those don't ask, don't tell things. Storage is an issue. Eventually I'll run out of space for bikes or tools or lumber or something, or else the garage will simply split open and spill everything down the hillside behind it. Problem then solved.

I'll try to go by tomorrow, hoping the thing is still there. Hate to lose it now that there's interest.
thumpism is offline  
Likes For thumpism:
Old 02-18-23, 09:21 AM
  #26721  
www.theheadbadge.com
 
cudak888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Southern Florida
Posts: 28,483

Bikes: https://www.theheadbadge.com

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2405 Post(s)
Liked 4,359 Times in 2,079 Posts
Originally Posted by thumpism
War Department is no problem. She's a fabric junkie and we have an "arrangement," one of those don't ask, don't tell things. Storage is an issue. Eventually I'll run out of space for bikes or tools or lumber or something, or else the garage will simply split open and spill everything down the hillside behind it. Problem then solved.

I'll try to go by tomorrow, hoping the thing is still there. Hate to lose it now that there's interest.
Best of luck. Storage shouldn't be an issue for a parts junker if you don't mind leaving it outside for a few weeks - it won't hurt that DL-1 any more than it already has been.

-Kurt
__________________












cudak888 is offline  
Old 02-18-23, 04:55 PM
  #26722  
Bikes are okay, I guess.
 
thumpism's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 6,938

Bikes: Waterford Paramount Touring, Giant CFM-2, Raleigh Sports 3-speeds in M23 & L23, Schwinn Cimarron oddball build, Marin Palisades Trail dropbar conversion, Nishiki Cresta GT

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2647 Post(s)
Liked 2,446 Times in 1,557 Posts
Welp, sad news for you Tourist tourists. I swung by late today to get it if I could, and I could so I did, but it is not the bike--or the bike bones--that we expected/hoped/wanted it to be. Something happened to the left fork blade.


Aside from that heartbreaking detail, the frame and its finish are in pretty decent shape. Paint looks good-ish for the most part.


Hub date is January of '81, so one of the later bikes I've come across. Note the corrosion on the spokes, of which one is bent and pulled the nipple through the rim. Despite this, the rear wheel is astonishingly straight although there are rust patches on the rim.


Never seen a chaincase rusted through like this.


So that's the bike of our collective dreams and speculation. It's in my garage. I don't want it but there are many useful pieces on it for someone in need. Fenders are okay but stays are all bent up, rod brake hardware is mostly there but missing the front pads and a couple of small fasteners, bars and levers are decent. No idea if the Sturmey hub is good but you don't find many bad ones, so I'll need to put an indicator chain on it and see if it shifts.

There you have it. Let me know what the next steps should be. I'd like to see it go to a devotee or, barring that, to a different crazy person. I won't miss it and I think I already have a 40H hub rattling around here somewhere so I don't really need anything on this poor old bike. Thanks for following along.
thumpism is offline  
Likes For thumpism:
Old 02-18-23, 05:29 PM
  #26723  
gna
Count Orlok Member
 
gna's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: St. Paul, MN
Posts: 1,819

Bikes: Raleigh Sports, Raleigh Twenty, Raleigh Wyoming, Raleigh DL1, Schwinn Winter Bike

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked 177 Times in 97 Posts
Originally Posted by thumpism
Sportsette for $40 here in town. Looks like it needs a gear cable.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...47900769903488

You can see it dangling on the ground. May just need to be attached.
gna is offline  
Old 02-18-23, 05:38 PM
  #26724  
Bikes are okay, I guess.
 
thumpism's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 6,938

Bikes: Waterford Paramount Touring, Giant CFM-2, Raleigh Sports 3-speeds in M23 & L23, Schwinn Cimarron oddball build, Marin Palisades Trail dropbar conversion, Nishiki Cresta GT

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2647 Post(s)
Liked 2,446 Times in 1,557 Posts
Originally Posted by gna
You can see it dangling on the ground. May just need to be attached.
I suspect the trigger end of the cable is broken off, in which case the little ferrule might be missing, but someone might get lucky.
thumpism is offline  
Old 02-18-23, 05:45 PM
  #26725  
Phyllo-buster
 
clubman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 8,841

Bikes: roadsters, club bikes, fixed and classic

Mentioned: 133 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2295 Post(s)
Liked 2,041 Times in 1,250 Posts
Originally Posted by thumpism
Welp, sad news for you Tourist tourists. I swung by late today to get it if I could, and I could so I did, but it is not the bike--or the bike bones--that we expected/hoped/wanted it to be. Something happened to the left fork blade.


Aside from that heartbreaking detail, the frame and its finish are in pretty decent shape. Paint looks good-ish for the most part.

I have a number of NOS 28" replacement forks albeit with standard threading. They are white, easily painted and available for you or anyone else for the price of shipping. Long steerers too.
clubman is offline  
Likes For clubman:

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.