Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Commuting
Reload this Page >

New BSO long-term test!

Commuting Bicycle commuting is easier than you think, before you know it, you'll be hooked. Learn the tips, hints, equipment, safety requirements for safely riding your bike to work.

New BSO long-term test!

Old 10-11-13, 09:53 AM
  #76  
fietsbob 
coprolite
 
fietsbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NW,Oregon Coast
Posts: 40,893

Bikes: 8

Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6549 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 62 Times in 56 Posts
didn't like the Colour? they sell paint is spray cans or did they lock them up to prevent graffiti ?


brake pads are leaving a huge trail of black slime on the braking surface and all over the tire
that sounds like a BSO Brake pad.. swap to an Oregon Made Kool Stop brake pad set.

Last edited by fietsbob; 10-11-13 at 09:57 AM.
fietsbob is offline  
Old 10-11-13, 01:52 PM
  #77  
linus
Crawler
 
linus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: OH~ CANADA
Posts: 1,363
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I work at a bike shop and we have Giant Escape for $439 and comes with 3year unlimited tune-ups.
linus is offline  
Old 10-11-13, 02:28 PM
  #78  
spare_wheel
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NA
Posts: 4,270

Bikes: NA

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
http://www.merlincycles.com/bike-sho...road-bike.html

9 Speed Shimano Road Bike -- 329

  • Shimano S2200 road bike specification:
  • Frame: 6061 Aluminium
  • Fork: CroMo
  • Chainset: Truvativ Isoflow double
  • Front Derailleur: Shimano Sora
  • Rear Derailleur: Shimano Sora
  • STI Brake / Gear Levers: Shimano 2300
  • Cassette & Chain Shimano HG50 12-25
  • Brakes: Radius Dual Pivot
  • Headset: Integral
  • Wheels: Q/R hubs - V-section black rims
  • Tyres: 700 x 23mm
  • Bars & Stem: Merlin Aluminium black anodised
  • Seatpost: Merlin Aluminium black anodised
  • Saddle: Velo
  • Pedals: Wellgo platform including clips & straps
  • Please allow 5-10 working days build time on this bike
spare_wheel is offline  
Old 10-12-13, 04:18 AM
  #79  
acidfast7
Banned.
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: England / CPH
Posts: 8,444

Bikes: 2010 Cube Acid / 2013 Mango FGSS

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 999 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by spare_wheel View Post
http://www.merlincycles.com/bike-sho...road-bike.html

9 Speed Shimano Road Bike -- 329

  • Shimano S2200 road bike specification:
  • Frame: 6061 Aluminium
  • Fork: CroMo
  • Chainset: Truvativ Isoflow double
  • Front Derailleur: Shimano Sora
  • Rear Derailleur: Shimano Sora
  • STI Brake / Gear Levers: Shimano 2300
  • Cassette & Chain Shimano HG50 12-25
  • Brakes: Radius Dual Pivot
  • Headset: Integral
  • Wheels: Q/R hubs - V-section black rims
  • Tyres: 700 x 23mm
  • Bars & Stem: Merlin Aluminium black anodised
  • Seatpost: Merlin Aluminium black anodised
  • Saddle: Velo
  • Pedals: Wellgo platform including clips & straps
  • Please allow 5-10 working days build time on this bike
No color options. Looks quite boring to me.

Also much more maintenance than a single speed when riding year round.

This is exactly the type of bike I am trying to avoid ... so thanks.

Like I said before, try finding a colored FGSS shipped to my door for less than 300 GBP.
acidfast7 is online now  
Old 10-12-13, 06:20 AM
  #80  
Telly
What, me worry?
 
Telly's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 1,226

Bikes: Corratec / Jamis

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by acidfast7 View Post
I challenge you to find me a better* FGSS in the UK for under 300.

I double dog dare you.

*note that a standard black/grey/blue TREK/Giant doesn't count as I wouldn't be caught dead on one. Meaning there would need to at least a few colour options.

Hello acidfast7!

Although this specific model probably isn't for sale in the UK, it can be found for €180-€220 ($240-$300) here in Greece, is considered a BSO, but did manage to haul my (very) heavy rear end around for a couple of days without any incident (parts breaking or falling off).

Also I kinda like the colors too, although I ended up buying a 3-speed IGH Jamis Commuter 1!

FIXED GEAR/Single Speed 28” (Flip flop rear wheel)
Frame: Steel
Fork: Steel RIGID
Saddle: Bassano
Wheels: 28" double walled alloy
Brakes: Promax F/R-alloy v-brakes
Tires: Kenda




Last edited by Telly; 10-12-13 at 06:30 AM.
Telly is offline  
Old 10-12-13, 06:26 AM
  #81  
puckett129
Senior Member
 
puckett129's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 440

Bikes: 80's Treks, cargo bike, Lugged LeMond, Eddy Merckx 7-11, Ciocc resto-mod, All City MM disc, and some more

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by acidfast7 View Post
Also much more maintenance than a single speed when riding year round.
This is overstated by advocates of fixed gear bikes.
puckett129 is offline  
Old 10-12-13, 07:13 AM
  #82  
acidfast7
Banned.
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: England / CPH
Posts: 8,444

Bikes: 2010 Cube Acid / 2013 Mango FGSS

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 999 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by puckett129 View Post
This is overstated by advocates of fixed gear bikes.
Hi! That's the point of the thread.

I love proving naysayers wrong so thanks for responding
acidfast7 is online now  
Old 10-12-13, 07:21 AM
  #83  
puckett129
Senior Member
 
puckett129's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 440

Bikes: 80's Treks, cargo bike, Lugged LeMond, Eddy Merckx 7-11, Ciocc resto-mod, All City MM disc, and some more

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by acidfast7 View Post
Hi! That's the point of the thread.

I love proving naysayers wrong so thanks for responding
I don't follow how you are proving anything about the reliability of geared bikes by commuting on this bike; a bike marketed specifically to teens and 20-somethings looking to get in on the multicolored fixie bike "culture."

You may well prove that a $450 single speed is reliable, but I would argue that it should be or you got ripped off.
puckett129 is offline  
Old 10-12-13, 09:41 AM
  #84  
acidfast7
Banned.
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: England / CPH
Posts: 8,444

Bikes: 2010 Cube Acid / 2013 Mango FGSS

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 999 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by puckett129 View Post
I don't follow how you are proving anything about the reliability of geared bikes by commuting on this bike; a bike marketed specifically to teens and 20-somethings looking to get in on the multicolored fixie bike "culture."

You may well prove that a $450 single speed is reliable, but I would argue that it should be or you got ripped off.
Why don't you post a picture yourself and then I can assess your style and whether you have the necessary credibility to tell me whether I was ripped off. If you don't understand style than how can you make that assessment?

By your tone that is filled with angst, I would wager not.
acidfast7 is online now  
Old 10-12-13, 01:25 PM
  #85  
I-Like-To-Bike
Been Around Awhile
 
I-Like-To-Bike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Burlington Iowa
Posts: 27,596

Bikes: Vaterland and Ragazzi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by acidfast7 View Post
Also much more maintenance than a single speed when riding year round.
Originally Posted by puckett129 View Post
This is overstated by advocates of fixed gear bikes.
Originally Posted by acidfast7 View Post
Hi! That's the point of the thread.

I love proving naysayers wrong so thanks for responding
You've spent more time typing on this thread than time I spend in a year maintaining my IGH bikes that were less expensive than your "BSO" and were/are used year round for commuting. IOW my IGH bikes need no more "maintenance" than any FG SS.
I-Like-To-Bike is offline  
Old 10-12-13, 02:37 PM
  #86  
gregjones 
Senior Member
 
gregjones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: West Georgia
Posts: 2,827

Bikes: K2 Mod 5.0 Roadie, Fuji Commuter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Maintenance on my geared bike vs. my fixed gear bike kills me......

The chain is longer and takes forever to lube.
There are five derailleur screws that have to be turned once a year or so, maybe.
There are rear brakes that need to be adjusted.
__________________
Current Bike Stages--Click PR Logo
PedalRoom
gregjones is offline  
Old 10-12-13, 02:54 PM
  #87  
acidfast7
Banned.
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: England / CPH
Posts: 8,444

Bikes: 2010 Cube Acid / 2013 Mango FGSS

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 999 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by I-Like-To-Bike View Post
You've spent more time typing on this thread than time I spend in a year maintaining my IGH bikes that were less expensive than your "BSO" and were/are used year round for commuting. IOW my IGH bikes need no more "maintenance" than any FG SS.
All long term experiments require a large upfront cost before they run smoothly.
acidfast7 is online now  
Old 10-12-13, 03:31 PM
  #88  
puckett129
Senior Member
 
puckett129's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 440

Bikes: 80's Treks, cargo bike, Lugged LeMond, Eddy Merckx 7-11, Ciocc resto-mod, All City MM disc, and some more

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by acidfast7 View Post
Why don't you post a picture yourself and then I can assess your style and whether you have the necessary credibility to tell me whether I was ripped off. If you don't understand style than how can you make that assessment?

By your tone that is filled with angst, I would wager not.
I think you lost me.

1. You said that you weren't interested in a geared bike another member posted because you wanted a SSFG so that your bike will be reliable.
2. I said that the mechanical difficulties that are said to occur with geared bikes are overstated by those who advocate for FG bikes.
3. You thank me for posting and tell me you love proving naysayers wrong.
4. I ask how this thread (or the "experiment" it describes) will prove that geared bikes are not reliable.
5. You ask me for a picture of myself so that you can judge my sense of style and accuse me of being filled with angst and suggest it's because I lack style.

Firstly, let me assure you that I am effing cool and I look it. Secondly, I still fail to see how you riding an overpriced, bike marketed to teenagers looking to jump on some bandwagon proves anything about the reliability of geared bikes... that's a pretty big leap.

Maybe you're confusing me with the member who mentioned that you seem to gravitate toward any bicycle related trend that is prevalent in the area in which you live? That was not me, although I couldn't help but notice the same thing.
puckett129 is offline  
Old 10-12-13, 04:40 PM
  #89  
I-Like-To-Bike
Been Around Awhile
 
I-Like-To-Bike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Burlington Iowa
Posts: 27,596

Bikes: Vaterland and Ragazzi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by gregjones View Post
Maintenance on my geared bike vs. my fixed gear bike kills me......

The chain is longer and takes forever to lube.
There are five derailleur screws that have to be turned once a year or so, maybe.
There are rear brakes that need to be adjusted.
Wow dat is a heck of a lot of extra maintenance, thatz why you should consider an IGH coaster brake equipped bike.

Less time/oil required for lubing the short inexpensive 1/8" chain;
No derailer screws to screw around with;
No brake adjustment - EVER!

Disadvantage: doesn't have the hipster cachet of a POS SS-FG
I-Like-To-Bike is offline  
Old 10-12-13, 06:00 PM
  #90  
megalowmatt
Senior Member
 
megalowmatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: North County San Diego
Posts: 1,664
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by puckett129 View Post
I think you lost me.

1. You said that you weren't interested in a geared bike another member posted because you wanted a SSFG so that your bike will be reliable.
2. I said that the mechanical difficulties that are said to occur with geared bikes are overstated by those who advocate for FG bikes.
3. You thank me for posting and tell me you love proving naysayers wrong.
4. I ask how this thread (or the "experiment" it describes) will prove that geared bikes are not reliable.
5. You ask me for a picture of myself so that you can judge my sense of style and accuse me of being filled with angst and suggest it's because I lack style.

Firstly, let me assure you that I am effing cool and I look it. Secondly, I still fail to see how you riding an overpriced, bike marketed to teenagers looking to jump on some bandwagon proves anything about the reliability of geared bikes... that's a pretty big leap.

Maybe you're confusing me with the member who mentioned that you seem to gravitate toward any bicycle related trend that is prevalent in the area in which you live? That was not me, although I couldn't help but notice the same thing.
That exchange was a head scratcher for me too.

I got two flats today on my geared bicycle towards the end of my 50-mile ride. Geared bicycles = flats.
megalowmatt is offline  
Old 10-12-13, 06:22 PM
  #91  
Sixty Fiver
Bicycle Repair Man !!!
 
Sixty Fiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: YEG
Posts: 27,274

Bikes: See my sig...

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by I-Like-To-Bike View Post
The short and quick answer is NO! Inexpensive bikes sold at big box stores are bad mouthed incessantly as "BSO" by bicycling cognoscenti as well as by people who are tied financially or emotionally to the product sold by LBS, bicycle outlets whose lunch is being eaten by the product offered by the big box stores as well as on-line providers.

My commuter and daily get around town bike (a Ragazzi w/7speed IGH) was bought at a big box store (Real) in Germany in 2000 for 268 DM (approx $130). The only modification of consequence was changing out the saddle for a Brooks B66. I have approximately 50,000 miles on it and it still has the original fenders, though the chainguard broke a couple of years ago. If a useful inexpensive commuting/city bike is not available in the UK, it may be worth your while to take a quick trip back to Germany and get something of value at the lower price range.
You got a very good deal on that bike... the 7 speed IGH costs more than $130.00 wholesale.

It also looks like your front brake pad needs to be adjusted... it looks a little crooked.

Last edited by Sixty Fiver; 10-12-13 at 06:25 PM.
Sixty Fiver is offline  
Old 10-13-13, 04:01 AM
  #92  
acidfast7
Banned.
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: England / CPH
Posts: 8,444

Bikes: 2010 Cube Acid / 2013 Mango FGSS

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 999 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Not sure what happens in the US anymore (thankfully!) but there appears to be a huge amount of hatred for coloured FGSS bikes. Perhaps, it's the same hatred for "hipsters" that seems to be prevalent in US. Perhaps the "hipsters" deserve it, perhaps they don't, but these issues are irrelevant for me. I don't really want to discuss these issues as they're not related to my descriptive experiment.

Anyway, I would really like to do a long-term test of a lower-end of FGSS colour customisable bicycle as it seems to be fun to ride something different. In addition, I must say that riding in SS mode is kicking my butt which is great.

I would just like to produce empirical data about the durability of such a bike, which you can feel free to comment upon, but I won't respond to other comments not directly related to the bike.

Back from Germany on Monday and will commute on Tues-Fri and see how the bike holds up as the rainy season starts.
acidfast7 is online now  
Old 10-13-13, 04:10 AM
  #93  
acidfast7
Banned.
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: England / CPH
Posts: 8,444

Bikes: 2010 Cube Acid / 2013 Mango FGSS

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 999 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by puckett129 View Post
I think you lost me.

1. You said that you weren't interested in a geared bike another member posted because you wanted a SSFG so that your bike will be reliable.
2. I said that the mechanical difficulties that are said to occur with geared bikes are overstated by those who advocate for FG bikes.
3. You thank me for posting and tell me you love proving naysayers wrong.
4. I ask how this thread (or the "experiment" it describes) will prove that geared bikes are not reliable.
5. You ask me for a picture of myself so that you can judge my sense of style and accuse me of being filled with angst and suggest it's because I lack style.

Firstly, let me assure you that I am effing cool and I look it. Secondly, I still fail to see how you riding an overpriced, bike marketed to teenagers looking to jump on some bandwagon proves anything about the reliability of geared bikes... that's a pretty big leap.

Maybe you're confusing me with the member who mentioned that you seem to gravitate toward any bicycle related trend that is prevalent in the area in which you live? That was not me, although I couldn't help but notice the same thing.
This is how you started your dialogue with me:

Originally Posted by puckett129 View Post
That thing is hideous. It looks better than low end bikes here, but should be for that kind of money. But the colors... jesus, man.
not only is it disrespectful and doesn't contribute anything of value to the thread, it sets a bad precedent for future interactions as one only receives a single chance to make a first impression of which your was abysmal.

either run your experiment in parallel to mine with real data/images and not anecdotal evidence or please refrain from responding until you have something intelligent to contribute.

acidfast7 is online now  
Old 10-13-13, 07:31 AM
  #94  
puckett129
Senior Member
 
puckett129's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 440

Bikes: 80's Treks, cargo bike, Lugged LeMond, Eddy Merckx 7-11, Ciocc resto-mod, All City MM disc, and some more

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
4 pages ago I said that your bike is ugly. I stand by that comment. The recent exchange had nothing to do with the way the bike looks, but on your assertion that a geared bike would somehow be unreliable.

I'm sorry that you feel I should be looking to make a good first impression on you. You overpaid for a piece of crap bike marketed to kids and then made a big show on the internet about the fact that you're going to ride it to work. Hey, good for you. You may actually be a scientist, but that doesn't make this "experiment" result in empirical evidence useful to anyone for anything and it certainly doesn't prove anything about the reliability of geared bikes.
puckett129 is offline  
Old 10-13-13, 07:47 AM
  #95  
Medic Zero
Senior Member
 
Medic Zero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Vancouver,Washington
Posts: 2,276

Bikes: Old steel GT's, for touring and commuting

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by I-Like-To-Bike View Post
Only not priced like a cheap bike. Seems aimed for a different type of customer; someone willing to pay more money for an upscale POS.
Medic Zero is offline  
Old 10-13-13, 08:09 AM
  #96  
acidfast7
Banned.
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: England / CPH
Posts: 8,444

Bikes: 2010 Cube Acid / 2013 Mango FGSS

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 999 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by puckett129 View Post

I'm sorry that you feel I should be looking to make a good first impression on you.
In most cultures that I've interacted with, it's considered normal good manners not to insult someone as part of a first encounter, but that's neither here nor there within the context of this thread.

I do find your anger toward such bikes, and toward me in general, somewhat pathetic and slightly disturbing if you have a family.

As I said before, I'd appreciate it if you didn't continue to reduce the signal:noise ratio of the thread.

acidfast7 is online now  
Old 10-13-13, 08:26 AM
  #97  
I-Like-To-Bike
Been Around Awhile
 
I-Like-To-Bike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Burlington Iowa
Posts: 27,596

Bikes: Vaterland and Ragazzi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by acidfast7 View Post
In most cultures that I've interacted with, it's considered normal good manners not to insult someone as part of a first encounter, but that's neither here nor there within the context of this thread.

I do find your anger toward such bikes, and toward me in general, somewhat pathetic and slightly disturbing if you have a family.

As I said before, I'd appreciate it if you didn't continue to reduce the signal:noise ratio of the thread.



Originally Posted by acidfast7 View Post
Not sure what happens in the US anymore (thankfully!)
Say what about extraneous noise? Doesn't matter if it a first post or not. Is your antipathy towards the U.S. an issue related to your descriptive experiment?
I-Like-To-Bike is offline  
Old 10-13-13, 08:30 AM
  #98  
puckett129
Senior Member
 
puckett129's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 440

Bikes: 80's Treks, cargo bike, Lugged LeMond, Eddy Merckx 7-11, Ciocc resto-mod, All City MM disc, and some more

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by acidfast7 View Post
I do find your anger toward such bikes, and toward me in general, somewhat pathetic and slightly disturbing if you have a family.
Rest assured, you're the one looking irrational and angry in this thread. Enjoy your bike.
puckett129 is offline  
Old 10-13-13, 09:22 AM
  #99  
acidfast7
Banned.
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: England / CPH
Posts: 8,444

Bikes: 2010 Cube Acid / 2013 Mango FGSS

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 999 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by puckett129 View Post
Rest assured, you're the one looking irrational and angry in this thread. Enjoy your bike.
Thanks! It been quite nice so far and I hope it stays that way
acidfast7 is online now  
Old 10-13-13, 09:33 AM
  #100  
acidfast7
Banned.
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: England / CPH
Posts: 8,444

Bikes: 2010 Cube Acid / 2013 Mango FGSS

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 999 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by I-Like-To-Bike View Post
Say what about extraneous noise? Doesn't matter if it a first post or not. Is your antipathy towards the U.S. an issue related to your descriptive experiment?
Put quite simply, now that I have a permanent academic post in the EU, I don't have to follow the US anymore, which makes my life much easier. The same could be said for Canada, South America, Japan, Korea and the CIS countries. It's critical to have a proper understanding of any government structure that one wishes to gain funding from. But that's not really revalent to the thread, therefore, I apologize.
acidfast7 is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.