Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Your Most Recent Cycling-related Purchase

Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Your Most Recent Cycling-related Purchase

Old 10-17-16, 04:46 PM
  #16051  
Senior Member
 
T800CF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: The Sunflower State
Posts: 93

Bikes: Giant Defy Advanced Pro 1, Giant Anthem 27.5 3, Giant Defy Composite 1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sold Saris Superclamp and bought this one.






T800CF is offline  
Old 10-17-16, 06:21 PM
  #16052  
Senior Member
 
Dirt Farmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Madison, Wi.
Posts: 1,181

Bikes: Jamis Quest Elite; Fuji Sagres; Trek Fuel EX 8

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 329 Post(s)
Liked 73 Times in 53 Posts
Shimano 6207 (600EX) crankset, in "fair" condition, for $45 shipped free from eBay. It actually is in near-great condition!

Dirt Farmer is offline  
Old 10-17-16, 07:52 PM
  #16053  
Senior Member
 
noodle soup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 8,922
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4717 Post(s)
Liked 1,882 Times in 998 Posts
Something to match the new kit

noodle soup is offline  
Old 10-18-16, 06:13 AM
  #16054  
- Soli Deo Gloria -
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Northwest Georgia
Posts: 14,782

Bikes: 2018 Rodriguez Custom Fixed Gear, 2017 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2015 Bianchi Pista, 2002 Fuji Robaix

Mentioned: 235 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6844 Post(s)
Liked 734 Times in 468 Posts
Ordered a new batch.

There have been a few incidents near the campus and so I gave what I had to my daughter.

TimothyH is offline  
Old 10-18-16, 06:37 AM
  #16055  
Senior Member
 
Robert C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kansas
Posts: 2,248

Bikes: This list got too long: several ‘bents, an urban utility e-bike, and a dahon D7 that my daughter has absconded with.

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Liked 66 Times in 48 Posts
A relatively big one for me (of course, by definition if big is different than most, try to think of the word "big" through a cheapskate filter). I recently ordered a Nu-Vinci on a wheel for the back of my trike.
Robert C is offline  
Old 10-18-16, 07:15 AM
  #16056  
Senior Member
 
rumrunn6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 25 miles northwest of Boston
Posts: 29,500

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r, Marin Muirwoods 29er, Trek FX Alpha 7.0

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5216 Post(s)
Liked 3,553 Times in 2,325 Posts
Originally Posted by TimothyH
Ordered a new batch.

There have been a few incidents near the campus and so I gave what I had to my daughter.

this is not allowed on my kid's campuses. I gave them each personal alarms but neither carry them
rumrunn6 is offline  
Old 10-18-16, 07:18 AM
  #16057  
Senior Member
 
rumrunn6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 25 miles northwest of Boston
Posts: 29,500

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r, Marin Muirwoods 29er, Trek FX Alpha 7.0

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5216 Post(s)
Liked 3,553 Times in 2,325 Posts
MKS Twin toe clips, steel - large/deep

rumrunn6 is offline  
Old 10-18-16, 08:53 AM
  #16058  
Senior Member
 
sh00k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Vacaville, CA
Posts: 947

Bikes: 2011 Trek FX 7.3 | 2015 Trek FX 7.4 | Lotus Classique

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 16 Posts
bontrager elite seat pack (small) and trip 100 computer - both for my brand spanking new 2016 emonda sl 6. i dont bike seriously and wanted a trip computer for speed/distance. i got the trip 100 computer in yellow (my 2nd one, 1st is on my fx 7.4). the reason is because the yellow one is on sale for $29







sh00k is offline  
Old 10-18-16, 11:28 AM
  #16059  
Senior Member
 
Porschefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 391

Bikes: 2015 Trek Domane 4.3, 1989 Schwinn Circuit, 2010 Yeti ASR 5, '80 Vitus 979 (being refurb'd)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
New Geared2U seat bag

UPDATE: have to return to Amazon. Doesn't fit my bike (at all). I'll look at the Topeak one. Any other suggestions for a good clip-on seat bag, with a little extra room?

I wanted to get a new seat bag that was a little bigger than the Topeak wedge I've been using and I wanted one that had a quick-release attachment--tired of unstrapping the Topeak after every ride when I throw the bike onto the stand for a quick chain wipe and cleanup.

Found this for $25 and looking forward to see if it fulfills its promise.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Geared2U bag.jpg (97.2 KB, 360 views)

Last edited by Porschefan; 10-20-16 at 08:10 PM. Reason: UPDATE
Porschefan is offline  
Old 10-18-16, 11:30 AM
  #16060  
Senior Member
 
Porschefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 391

Bikes: 2015 Trek Domane 4.3, 1989 Schwinn Circuit, 2010 Yeti ASR 5, '80 Vitus 979 (being refurb'd)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TimothyH
Ordered a new batch.

There have been a few incidents near the campus and so I gave what I had to my daughter.

I'm kind of interested in something like this, but mainly to ward off an angry dog. Would it work for that and how do you carry it so it's easily available?

STP
Porschefan is offline  
Old 10-18-16, 04:26 PM
  #16061  
Senior Member
 
rekmeyata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NE Indiana
Posts: 9,113

Bikes: 2020 Masi Giramondo 700c; 2013 Lynskey Peloton; 1992 Giant Rincon; 1989 Dawes needs parts; 1985 Trek 660; 1985 Fuji Club; 1984 Schwinn Voyager; 1984 Miyata 612; 1977 Raleigh Competition GS

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1073 Post(s)
Liked 220 Times in 179 Posts
Originally Posted by Porschefan
I wanted to get a new seat bag that was a little bigger than the Topeak wedge I've been using and I wanted one that had a quick-release attachment--tired of unstrapping the Topeak after every ride when I throw the bike onto the stand for a quick chain wipe and cleanup.

Found this for $25 and looking forward to see if it fulfills its promise.
Well that's odd because Topeak makes several quick release wedge bags, here's one: https://www.topeak.com/global/en/pro...ero-wedge-pack I like mine, one of mine is now 10 years old and it's still looks good and going strong.
rekmeyata is offline  
Old 10-18-16, 07:54 PM
  #16062  
Senior Member
 
Porschefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 391

Bikes: 2015 Trek Domane 4.3, 1989 Schwinn Circuit, 2010 Yeti ASR 5, '80 Vitus 979 (being refurb'd)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rekmeyata
Well that's odd because Topeak makes several quick release wedge bags, here's one: https://www.topeak.com/global/en/pro...ero-wedge-pack I like mine, one of mine is now 10 years old and it's still looks good and going strong.
That Topeak bag is EXACTLY the one I have now, except for the quick-release. I think the new Geared2U one is a bit bigger--which I wanted also.

STP

Last edited by Porschefan; 10-19-16 at 03:15 PM.
Porschefan is offline  
Old 10-18-16, 08:27 PM
  #16063  
- Soli Deo Gloria -
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Northwest Georgia
Posts: 14,782

Bikes: 2018 Rodriguez Custom Fixed Gear, 2017 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2015 Bianchi Pista, 2002 Fuji Robaix

Mentioned: 235 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6844 Post(s)
Liked 734 Times in 468 Posts
Originally Posted by Porschefan
I'm kind of interested in something like this, but mainly to ward off an angry dog. Would it work for that and how do you carry it so it's easily available?

STP
That is the newer pepper gel. The gel has much less wind blow back than the older style spray and it will easily stop a dog. Dogs are a problem in rural Georgia the reason why I carry. This product works extremely well.

The one pictured is the tactical canister capable of spraying 18 feet which I carry when I ride solo. When I ride with a group I carry the smaller runners canister capable of spraying 12 feet. The straps and holsters go in the garbage and the canisters go in my right side jersey pocket. Some of my jerseys have a fourth side pocket for gels and that is a super convenient place.

By the way, it is very good to see your screen name and avatar again. I hope you are well, at peace and enjoying your Element. Pray for me.


-Tim-
TimothyH is offline  
Old 10-18-16, 08:50 PM
  #16064  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Denver area (Ken Caryl Valley)
Posts: 1,792

Bikes: 2022 Moots RCS, 2014 BMC SLR01 DA Mech, 2020 Santa Cruz Stigmata, Ibis Ripmo, Trek Top Fuel, Specialized Levo SL, Norco Bigfoot VLT

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 459 Post(s)
Liked 178 Times in 115 Posts
Due to a bit of an internet snafu where I lost all connectivity, I ended up buying an apparently "very lightly used" BMC SLR01 frame set on eBay. It seems to be a 2014. Now that I have connectivity, I can at least post about it. I can't build it up just yet due to a lack of available funds, but I'll prob end up going with a Shimano mech group and DA wheelset. I just need to keep a close eye on takeoffs or sales. I suppose I should just hide it in the basement where she hardly treads. Once I build it up, I'll sell the old 2001/2002 Roubaix that sits on the trainer and nobody will be the wiser. Don't judge....just be happy for me. I'm getting ready to start the process of adopting a child so my buying days will soon be over.

Adding a pic:

Last edited by Chandne; 10-18-16 at 09:18 PM.
Chandne is offline  
Old 10-19-16, 03:17 PM
  #16065  
Senior Member
 
Porschefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 391

Bikes: 2015 Trek Domane 4.3, 1989 Schwinn Circuit, 2010 Yeti ASR 5, '80 Vitus 979 (being refurb'd)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TimothyH
That is the newer pepper gel. The gel has much less wind blow back than the older style spray and it will easily stop a dog. Dogs are a problem in rural Georgia the reason why I carry. This product works extremely well.

The one pictured is the tactical canister capable of spraying 18 feet which I carry when I ride solo. When I ride with a group I carry the smaller runners canister capable of spraying 12 feet.The straps and holsters go in the garbage and the canisters go in my right side jersey pocket. Some of my jerseys have a fourth side pocket for gels and that is a super convenient place.

By the way, it is very good to see your screen name and avatar again. I hope you are well, at peace and enjoying your Element. Pray for me.


-Tim-
Hi Tim,

Thanks for the link. I've only had ONE close encounter with a dog, but it was alarming and it would probably be a good idea to have something like this handy.

I'm back riding after the broken arm and then a move across town which had me semi-sedentary for a few months. Got a few pounds to lose, but the bike will help take care of that!

STP
Porschefan is offline  
Old 10-19-16, 03:51 PM
  #16066  
Senior Member
 
Defyme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 78

Bikes: 2015 Giant Defy Advanced 2

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Got me some Boyd 44mm disc brake carbon wheels!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_6306.jpg (96.0 KB, 278 views)
Defyme is offline  
Old 10-19-16, 04:08 PM
  #16067  
- Soli Deo Gloria -
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Northwest Georgia
Posts: 14,782

Bikes: 2018 Rodriguez Custom Fixed Gear, 2017 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2015 Bianchi Pista, 2002 Fuji Robaix

Mentioned: 235 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6844 Post(s)
Liked 734 Times in 468 Posts
Originally Posted by Porschefan
Hi Tim,

Thanks for the link. I've only had ONE close encounter with a dog, but it was alarming and it would probably be a good idea to have something like this handy.

I'm back riding after the broken arm and then a move across town which had me semi-sedentary for a few months. Got a few pounds to lose, but the bike will help take care of that!

STP
Broken arm?


-Tim-
TimothyH is offline  
Old 10-19-16, 06:50 PM
  #16068  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Tucson Az
Posts: 1,646

Bikes: 2015 Ridley Fenix, 1983 Team Fuji, 2019 Marin Nail Trail 6

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 332 Post(s)
Liked 194 Times in 121 Posts
Not road related.
A set of Rockshox Recon TK Air 100 forks for the mtn bike.

Next will be a new wheel set for the dirt beast.
Wileyrat is offline  
Old 10-19-16, 06:52 PM
  #16069  
Achtung!
 
thin_concrete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: New England
Posts: 1,673

Bikes: 60.1, Marvel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 515 Post(s)
Liked 268 Times in 161 Posts
Originally Posted by Defyme
Got me some Boyd 44mm disc brake carbon wheels!
Enjoy! I have the rim brake version of the 44s on my TT bike and love them. They're a huge step up over the stock wheels that came with it.
thin_concrete is offline  
Old 10-19-16, 07:12 PM
  #16070  
Lawman
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 205

Bikes: Spec. Tarmac Expert SL4

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Zipp 30 course wheels and Vittorio Corsa Graphene 25 mm tires
jhglaw is offline  
Old 10-19-16, 07:26 PM
  #16071  
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 30
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
got me a set of boyd 44s
penny_pants is offline  
Old 10-19-16, 07:40 PM
  #16072  
On Your Left
 
GlennR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Long Island, New York, USA
Posts: 8,373

Bikes: Trek Emonda SLR, Sram eTap, Zipp 303

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3004 Post(s)
Liked 2,433 Times in 1,187 Posts
Originally Posted by jhglaw
Zipp 30 course wheels and Vittorio Corsa Graphene 25 mm tires
I have them with 32mm tires on my CX bike. They're very robust and handle less than optimal road surfaces.
GlennR is offline  
Old 10-20-16, 08:41 PM
  #16073  
Emondafied
 
cydewaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 4,939

Bikes: See sig

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Finally found a pair of shoes that actually fit my gunboats (and can take speedplay cleats without an adapter).

__________________

my bike page - my journal
Current Stable: Trek Emonda SL - Trek Top Fuel 8 - Scattante XRL - Jamis Dakar Expert - Trek 9700 - AlpineStars Al Mega
cydewaze is offline  
Old 10-21-16, 12:03 AM
  #16074  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Bend Or.
Posts: 573

Bikes: 2 TiSports and a Ho Ko E Koo

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 4 Times in 1 Post
The plastic webbing that holds my helmet broke in two places, found this on clearance. $35
John00 is offline  
Old 10-21-16, 05:23 PM
  #16075  
Senior Member
 
KantoBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 749
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Chandne
Due to a bit of an internet snafu where I lost all connectivity, I ended up buying an apparently "very lightly used" BMC SLR01 frame set on eBay. It seems to be a 2014. Now that I have connectivity, I can at least post about it. I can't build it up just yet due to a lack of available funds, but I'll prob end up going with a Shimano mech group and DA wheelset. I just need to keep a close eye on takeoffs or sales. I suppose I should just hide it in the basement where she hardly treads. Once I build it up, I'll sell the old 2001/2002 Roubaix that sits on the trainer and nobody will be the wiser. Don't judge....just be happy for me. I'm getting ready to start the process of adopting a child so my buying days will soon be over.

Adding a pic:
After riding a bunch of frames throughout the years, I still think the SLR01 has the right balance between a racing bike and comfort. I wish I had money to get one right now. I sold mine because it was a size too big for me Loved it when I had it though.
KantoBoy is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.