Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

What road bike do you have?

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

What road bike do you have?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-13, 02:46 PM

Bikes: Provex (centaur carbon) 2009 - cube litening super hpc race 2013

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AlexTaylor
I've had a cervelo R3 for a couple of years, it never really did it for me tbh. I've lusted after a Colnago Extreme Power since 2007, especially in ST01 colours. I've been scouring the web almost every day for that time for a used one in my size and never seen one for sale that wasn't still full price, let alone one in ST01.
As I wasn't enjoying the Cervelo (it's a great bike, just a bit 'meh' to me, it just didn't get my juices flowing) I decided a I wouldn't be using it over winter I'd sell it and see what came up.
The R3 sold withing 7 hours and the guy paid. I did my usual look on ebay and... WTF?! 3rd hit was an Extreme Power in my size in ST01. I nearly fainted... Buy it now less than I got for the Cervelo...

Well,

It's arrived and it's just beautiful. Photos can't do the paint/carbon justice.
Not got it fully built up yet, needs cables/chain, new Chris King Headset and Deda Superleggero Stem to go on. I do have a pair of 50mm Carbon tubs for it too. Can't wait to get it finished!! I'll get some proper pics on when it's finished and set up right, the handlebars are pointing up a bit on this pic...

Haha get off your computer and complete that piece of art, can't wait to seet it finished in all it's glory.
Old 11-04-13, 06:55 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm interested in buying a fixed gear "CREATE" bike, however i've seen a lot of bad reviews about the bike itself and that they tend to break quite frequently and very easily. I'm wondering if anyone gets problems often with their fixie or it's rare etc. I'm not really willing to pay £360 for the bike if it's just going to break on me a lot, if they do then does anyone know any bikes similar looking/function to the CREATE fixed gear for less money or more durable? Sorry for any inconvenience as i'm new to this forum.
Old 11-04-13, 08:41 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 686 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Ant2468
I'm interested in buying a fixed gear "CREATE" bike, however i've seen a lot of bad reviews about the bike itself and that they tend to break quite frequently and very easily. I'm wondering if anyone gets problems often with their fixie or it's rare etc. I'm not really willing to pay £360 for the bike if it's just going to break on me a lot, if they do then does anyone know any bikes similar looking/function to the CREATE fixed gear for less money or more durable? Sorry for any inconvenience as i'm new to this forum.
I think you'd have better luck in the Single Speed/Fixed Gear forum.

I googled this bike, its heavy and hi-ten steel. Most steel guys will tell you that hi-ten is cheap steel and not likely to hold up the way chromoly does. There are many options out there, but just about anyone in the fixed gear forum will probably tell you "kilo tt" - which is a great bike, reasonably priced, and has decent components.

Kilos:
https://bikesdirect.com/products/merc...ott_pro_xi.htm
https://bikesdirect.com/products/mercier/kilott.htm
https://www.bikesdirect.com/products/...ial_chrome.htm
https://bikesdirect.com/products/merc...t_stripper.htm

I didn't want to spend that much on a fixed gear, so I went with the windsor hour plus, a bit heavier and not as great of components, but it's nice for an around the town beater bike:
https://www.bikesdirect.com/products/...ehour_plus.htm

If I wanted to do it all over again and spend some money on a fixed bike, I'd get a wabi classic:
https://www.wabicycles.com/bike_main_pg2011.html

Old 11-04-13, 08:50 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thankyou for your help. I will do some research and digging around before buying.
Old 11-04-13, 08:55 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 686 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Yeah, I'd definitely look into chromoly of hi-ten steel. It'll make the bike lighter too.

And check out the fixed gear forum:
https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdispl...amp-Fixed-Gear

Read the stickies for some quick help, but most of the guys are helpful, although, they can be a bit harsh in the beginning - be prepared to take a few lumps, haha.

Old 11-04-13, 09:43 AM

Bikes: Raleigh Detour - Northwoods Tandem 21sp

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello All,
I currently own a 2002 Specialized-Allez and a Raleigh R700. Not sure what year the r700 is.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
2013-10-04 16.42.17.jpg (101.2 KB, 157 views)
2013-11-04 10.13.50.jpg (101.2 KB, 151 views)
Old 11-04-13, 02:34 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Finally I've learned how to post a "regular" size photos in my posts Here are two of my new road bike:

Old 11-04-13, 03:10 PM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked 21 Times in 11 Posts
i lack the voabulary to describe the beauty of that LOOK. Love!
Old 11-04-13, 03:33 PM

Bikes: 2011 Felt Z85 (road/commuter), 2006 Marin Pine Mountain (utility/commuter E-bike), 1995 KHS Alite 1000 (gravel grinder)

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 676 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by JakubGS
Finally I've learned how to post a "regular" size photos in my posts Here are two of my new road bike:

Looks nice from what I can tell, but they're really too small. I'm not big on those ultra-low spoke count wheels.
Old 11-05-13, 12:42 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fried bake
i lack the voabulary to describe the beauty of that LOOK. Love!
Thanks, I love it too. For three days I almost slept in store when it was built To be serious this the best road bike I ever had a chance to ride on. It's light, rigid and surprisingly comfortable as for the race machine
Old 11-05-13, 12:47 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94
Looks nice from what I can tell, but they're really too small. I'm not big on those ultra-low spoke count wheels.
Well, probably it is my english but I'm not sure if I understand what you ment by saying "…. but they are too small" and "I'm not big on those ultra-low spoke count wheels". Can you explain pls ?
Old 11-05-13, 01:25 PM

Bikes: 2011 Felt Z85 (road/commuter), 2006 Marin Pine Mountain (utility/commuter E-bike), 1995 KHS Alite 1000 (gravel grinder)

Sorry I meant the pics themselves are too small to make out much detail.

And the rims, I don't care much for bike rims with so few spokes on them. They may be fine for your weight or whatever, but they just seem like the would be rather weak, to me.
Old 11-05-13, 04:01 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
That's fine I was simply not sure what you are refering to. Now I know but have no idea how to post bigger pictures. If talking about few spokes rims those are really great. The weight of the wheelset is 1080 grams, they climb like crazy, are rigid and comfortable. On the other hand the truth is that Corima is saying that the weight of the rider and the bike should not exceed 90 or 95 kilograms with this particular model. The good news are that Corima carbon spokes are replacable
Old 11-05-13, 04:34 PM

1080 grams! OMG how is that even possible?!?
Old 11-06-13, 09:21 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I could not believe it myself until I've puted them on the scales, and yes Corima declared weight is real
Old 11-06-13, 11:50 AM

Bikes: 2007 Giant TCR A0, 1996 Giant ATX890

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Greetings!

First post! Currently riding a 2007 Giant TCR A0. Just had new wheels built this Summer (H Plus Son Archetype\White Industries T11 hubs):

Attached Images
2013-08-31 at 07-20-40 (1).jpg (99.6 KB, 212 views)
Old 11-06-13, 06:23 PM
gc3
Falls Downalot

Bikes: Now I Got Two

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
read their pitch here...not new news...
Old 11-06-13, 11:21 PM

Bikes: Felt F5 2013

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey Guys. Newbie from the Netherlands (Amsterdam) on the forum here. Bought a Felt F5 2013 full carbon bike. Its a UHC performance carbon frame, carbon fork and it comes with a carbon seat post and compact (alu butted) handlebars. Got it for 1200 euro's at wiggle online (i'm sorry LBS but this good of a deal was too tempting. Original price 1900-2000euros). I think its a bargain for this quality frame. The cable routing is external, and the wheels are outdated but I don't care for now. Wheels will be upgraded in the end anyway and I dont mind mechanical shifting for as long as I have this bike. Its all black. Full Shimano 105 group with FSA gossamer BB30 (compact double). My scale said 7,85 KG for the 54cm frame. The only thing I changed were the tires. I switched the allround vittoria's for a pair of specialized Turbo Pro's. No complaints yet. A lot of weight reduction can be gained with new wheels. The mavic CXP22 are not the lightest. But perfect for this autumn and winter because they can take a beating. Can probably save more than 800 grams on the wheels without spending a fortune. But won't be buying new wheels till spring. All said and done it is a very classy ride, stiff but lively, comfortable and due to the aggressive geometry and the stiffness of the frame I feel that very little power is lost to flex etc when i throw down the power. I want to compliment Felt with their achievement to build a fast bike that ticks all the boxes for this price. It's an allround performer and I feel really confident on the bike in all riding conditions. Handling is great, prologo nago evo saddle is perfect for me, and the compact handlebars from Felt feel real good to me. Im comfortable at hoods, the drops and no complaints about the 105 shifter levers either. After removing all the ugly yellow warning stickers the only thing left to do is remove the plastic spoke protection behind the cassette (just put the high limit so it doesn't go over the biggest cog, right?), save some extra grams and this understated performer will look the part too. Amazing value for money. The F5 comes highly recommended. If you're thinking about buying a new bike, maybe going carbon and you can get your hands on a 2013 model from Felt you won't be disappointed. The Z5 is also a really impressive bike and the geometry is a bit more forgiving on the Z models. Be quick as all the shops want the 2013 models gone sooner than later. This is the moment to buy cheap. Really happy with my purchase. As a chef who works in the kitchen all day it is a really good feeling to go out on a day off, get some sunlight, meet nice people and work on my fitness. People noticed that since I'm riding a lot I am more relaxed and I noticed that I can handle the really hectic moments during a busy shift a bit better than before. I'm glad that I chose this sport. Within 20 minutes you can be at a beautiful place you've never been before and if it wasnt for the bike you'll probably never see it. Bottom line. For me cycling is more than having the slickest bike and the best gear (although I think my bike is pretty slick ). It is also the feeling of freedom. The feeling to go wherever you want to go, and pushing yourself to, and beyond your limits. And the feeling that I get when I'm in the zone - kicking the strong headwinds ass- is something else .

I'm gonna ride till I can't ride no more.

Cheers from the bicycle capital of the world. Pedal on. Willem
Attached Images
small.jpg (23.8 KB, 208 views)
small2.jpg (93.8 KB, 128 views)
small3.jpg (80.4 KB, 116 views)

Last edited by Cubist1; 11-06-13 at 11:42 PM.
Old 11-07-13, 08:44 AM

Nice, looks like the carbon version of my Z85 pretty much. I have the same CXP22 wheels, which I weighed and they came out at 2,093 grams total for the wheelset (no tires or cassette). Nashbar sells the Vuelta Corsa Lite road wheelset at 1,578g for US $279, or the Vuelta Corsa SLR wheelset at 1,467g for US $379. Sometimes they're on sale for less.
Old 11-07-13, 08:59 AM
Ghost Ryding 24/7

Bikes: Giant Defy with Dura Ace group, & Ksyrium SL's,Specialized Allez Shimano mixed/mashed,2011 Opus Sentiero,2008 Kona Jake the Snake,Custom built track/fixed,Stumpy Hartail,Kuwahara/ET bike.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
1 thing for sure is they weigh a tonne! CXP are tough wheels!
I have a pair that came on my CX/Gravel Grinder/Comuter/tank.
They take a"licking & keep on ticking", I ride down stairs, bunny hop, jump off curbs, roots, rocks,etc. Sort of reliving my BMX days on this bike.

Old 11-07-13, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Ghost Ryder
1 thing for sure is they weigh a tonne! CXP are tough wheels!
I have a pair that came on my CX/Gravel Grinder/Comuter/tank.
They take a"licking & keep on ticking", I ride down stairs, bunny hop, jump off curbs, roots, rocks,etc. Sort of reliving my BMX days on this bike.

Which bike are you referring to? The Jake?
Old 11-07-13, 09:34 AM
Ghost Ryding 24/7

Bikes: Giant Defy with Dura Ace group, & Ksyrium SL's,Specialized Allez Shimano mixed/mashed,2011 Opus Sentiero,2008 Kona Jake the Snake,Custom built track/fixed,Stumpy Hartail,Kuwahara/ET bike.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Which bike are you referring to? The Jake?
Nope my Opus Senterio is my tank.
My Jake the snake(pit bike)has fulcrums that handle all of the above too.
Old 11-07-13, 01:42 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
These Vuelta Corsa's look like great value for money. Does somebody here own a pair of Lites or SLR's? Can they take a beating?
Old 11-07-13, 03:41 PM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked 21 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Cubist1
These Vuelta Corsa's look like great value for money. Does somebody here own a pair of Lites or SLR's? Can they take a beating?
love 'em. have multiple sets, and in over 4,000 miles have only had to adjust one spoke ever. edit: i have the super lites.
Old 11-07-13, 04:29 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sounds good. The only thing I don't like are the red decals. Not a big fan of red on a black bike...but the value can't be denied. I am also looking at the Cole Rollen Elite. 1570g for the set and cheap (240 british pounds). The look like a really good deal too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.