Go Back  Bike Forums > News & Suggestions > Forum Suggestions & User Assistance
Reload this Page >

**Report issues with the June 21, 2016 BF software migration here**

Search
Notices
Forum Suggestions & User Assistance Have a suggestion for the forums? Need help with the Forums? Post here.

**Report issues with the June 21, 2016 BF software migration here**

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-17, 01:35 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'll see if there's anything we can do about this.

Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94
There's still the issue of the message text editor working differently in different browsers. If I quote a post and it takes me to the separate Reply To Post page, in Chrome the text box will not show WYSIWIG formatting. It will only show the text in the default font with formatting tags visible for font, size, color, etc.

If I'm in Firefox and go to the Reply page, it shows the text in full WYSIWIG, and there's a button at the upper right corner saying "Switch Editor Mode". In Chrome there is no such button.
Old 02-05-17, 09:23 PM
What happened?

Bikes: 3 Rollfasts, 3 Schwinns, a Shelby and a Higgins Flightliner in a pear tree!

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1835 Post(s)
Liked 292 Times in 255 Posts
There is a phantom last page in this thread

https://www.bikeforums.net/classic-vi...t-ii-1568.html
Old 02-06-17, 08:39 AM

Bikes: 2011 Felt Z85 (road/commuter), 2006 Marin Pine Mountain (utility/commuter E-bike), 1995 KHS Alite 1000 (gravel grinder)

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 676 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Rollfast

It's almost like there are a few deleted posts in such threads, but the database doesn't take into account the deleted threads when figuring the pages and post totals. At some point when there are enough posts, the pages will be correct, but then before it gets to the next page of posts, it thinks there's another page.
Old 02-06-17, 07:42 PM
***RETIRED*** Do Not Contact

Bikes: 2010 Gary Fisher Marlin Disc

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts

At the moment, post#39208 is the latest.

When threads get this big, there will nearly always be issues.
Old 02-07-17, 06:48 AM

Bikes: many

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Quoted: 1455 Post(s)
Liked 1,406 Times in 769 Posts
Originally Posted by ibtyen
I believe the image in the post you provided is showing the full sized photo in the post.
I do not believe that to be the case. Here's an image I just downloaded from my Flickr account, then uploaded here using the "Manage Attachments" feature. I downloaded it at original resolution, 2688x1520. The attached image (not mouse-sensitive) is only 1016x574, roughly the same aspect ratio, but nowhere near the same resolution. I uploaded the full sized image. The forum software reduced its quality, and apparently either threw away the original, or has hidden it so I can't view it.

I will repeat my request: The "Attached Images" box should have thumbnails (little images) which are mouse-sensitive, and that, when clicked, display the full-sized image the user originally uploaded. This was always the case before last year's update of the forum software.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
31552593574_4b07ccae5b_o.jpg (92.0 KB, 68 views)
Old 02-07-17, 09:25 AM

Bikes: 2011 Felt Z85 (road/commuter), 2006 Marin Pine Mountain (utility/commuter E-bike), 1995 KHS Alite 1000 (gravel grinder)

Originally Posted by IBobi

Yeah but there are a number of threads with this issue that did not have the issue before the software migration.
Old 02-07-17, 07:10 PM

Yeah but there are a number of threads with this issue that did not have the issue before the software migration.
Possible.
Old 02-08-17, 05:54 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I see what you mean. I'll look into if something can be done.

Originally Posted by smontanaro
I do not believe that to be the case. Here's an image I just downloaded from my Flickr account, then uploaded here using the "Manage Attachments" feature. I downloaded it at original resolution, 2688x1520. The attached image (not mouse-sensitive) is only 1016x574, roughly the same aspect ratio, but nowhere near the same resolution. I uploaded the full sized image. The forum software reduced its quality, and apparently either threw away the original, or has hidden it so I can't view it.

I will repeat my request: The "Attached Images" box should have thumbnails (little images) which are mouse-sensitive, and that, when clicked, display the full-sized image the user originally uploaded. This was always the case before last year's update of the forum software.
Old 02-08-17, 06:42 PM

The way images are handled fundamentally changed with the software update, and the core functions of VBulletin treat images this way -- attach them and you get an image at the end of a post. Link to them from a URL (photobucket, Flickr, etc) and you may place them as you like in your post. But the old way of thumbnailing is no more, until the software is updated again by the manufacturer.
Old 02-08-17, 10:10 PM
Homey

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 2427 Post(s)
Liked 1,409 Times in 902 Posts

I closed down a thread that was huge and started a new one so it would load faster and I got a complaint about it. So I opened it back up. I guess they don't mind.
Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.
Old 02-08-17, 10:12 PM
Homey

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 2427 Post(s)
Liked 1,409 Times in 902 Posts
I've found that this happens when a post is "deleted". They still remain here but it cannot be seen.
Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.
Old 02-12-17, 10:57 PM
What happened?

Bikes: 3 Rollfasts, 3 Schwinns, a Shelby and a Higgins Flightliner in a pear tree!

My understanding is that this would be the reason to prefer a soft delete over actual complete deletion. This causes fewer database errors.

The problem has existed for several years and at least back to the original version 3.x.x platforms. It may be common to the entire platform series, but I merely report it to allow admins and IB staff to work on it. I'm not criticizing it. Nothing is ever perfect, only the best mashup that can be had.
Old 02-21-17, 12:01 PM

References to Craigslist images continues to be a problem. Consider this thread:

https://www.bikeforums.net/classic-vi...t-ii-1580.html

As far as I can tell, all CL images show as "broken", but if you right mouse over them and ask to open in a new tab in the popup menu, they display fine. What's up with that?
Old 02-21-17, 01:41 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
What browser are you using? I'm viewing the thread and images show up fine (on chrome)

References to Craigslist images continues to be a problem. Consider this thread:

https://www.bikeforums.net/classic-vi...t-ii-1580.html

As far as I can tell, all CL images show as "broken", but if you right mouse over them and ask to open in a new tab in the popup menu, they display fine. What's up with that?
Old 02-21-17, 02:30 PM

^ At the moment, Chrome on a Linux system at work (56.0.2924.87). Same issue yesterday (and before) from Chrome on both Mac and Linux at home. This has been going on since the upgrade. I'm pretty sure I've reported it before.
Old 02-21-17, 06:11 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Could you post a screenshot?

^ At the moment, Chrome on a Linux system at work (56.0.2924.87). Same issue yesterday (and before) from Chrome on both Mac and Linux at home. This has been going on since the upgrade. I'm pretty sure I've reported it before.
Old 02-21-17, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by ibtyen
Could you post a screenshot?
Images are all working now (back at home, Chrome on Linux, v 56.0.2924.87). Just posted a rather pretty Rossin for good measure...

https://www.bikeforums.net/classic-vi...t-ii-1581.html

I believe I've seen this behavior before as well (gone for awhile, working later, perhaps next day?) If it happens again, I will grab a screen shot.
Old 02-26-17, 09:50 PM
What happened?

Have anyone with these troubles searched to find any trouble reports over their browsers/OSes in the period that they have the problems?

Everyone thinks they have it pinned down to this one site but they aren't using others from Internet Brands, or are they...and do they use ANY other sites using any other version of vBulletin, like 4.2.x or 5, especially if they have advertising?

This site and all the other IB owned sites use a proprietary version of the platform, so you need to account for that, and also for what you use to view BF, browser, device and all.

I could logout and see if I get mugged that way but I also wonder if PC/Windows users even have this problem?
Old 02-27-17, 12:11 PM

@Rollfast You're saying that if I don't toe the line on platforms (Windows only, some IB-specified set of browsers), I can expect this sort of breakage? I don't know what forum platform they use, but I've never seen this issue with The Paceline (forums.thepaceline.net) or US Masters Swimming (forums.usms.org). I never saw it here until the upgrade.
Old 03-02-17, 10:33 AM

Whoa, is there no Autosave/Restore Autosaved Content anymore?? I just typed a lengthy post, then my thumb accidentally hit the back button on the side of my mouse. I hit Forward on the browser and it was all gone. Sometimes my typed post will be there, but otherwise there's usually a "restore autosaved content" function. If that function is gone or turned off, that's really disappointing.
Old 03-02-17, 12:41 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The feature is there. It just needs to be enabled. Under userCP > Edit Options > Message Editor Interface. Select CKeditor.

Whoa, is there no Autosave/Restore Autosaved Content anymore?? I just typed a lengthy post, then my thumb accidentally hit the back button on the side of my mouse. I hit Forward on the browser and it was all gone. Sometimes my typed post will be there, but otherwise there's usually a "restore autosaved content" function. If that function is gone or turned off, that's really disappointing.
Old 03-02-17, 10:48 PM
What happened?

If you back up, hit the forward -> button and see if you can get it back. Auto-save won't kick in until some time after you've started the post, and then only the portion sve will come back if you haven't reached the next intveral for saving when you lose the page or control of it. If you can get back to the page and some is saved you might see restore auto-saved content at the bottom of the window, click it and try and restorre what you can then replace the rest yourself.
Old 03-03-17, 09:40 AM

If you back up, hit the forward -> button and see if you can get it back. Auto-save won't kick in until some time after you've started the post, and then only the portion sve will come back if you haven't reached the next intveral for saving when you lose the page or control of it. If you can get back to the page and some is saved you might see restore auto-saved content at the bottom of the window, click it and try and restorre what you can then replace the rest yourself.
In my experience on vB forums, the little "Autosave" tag appears in the bottom corner of the text box about once a minute or so while actively typing. It never appears here, and I've never seen it dependent on what editor type is used. I use the WYSIWIG editor, because the CKeditor removes a bunch of formatting options, and doesn't actually show the formatting in the text box. It only shows the BB code tags.
Old 03-05-17, 09:00 PM
What happened?

I had another vB (4) forum give me a CKEditor error recently and it was new to me (huh)? I had to look it up then and you guys actually explained it even so.
Old 03-19-17, 10:53 AM

Sorry it took awhile to get around to this. I can't do screen captures on my work computer, and I've been out of commission after a crash. Here's a snapshot taken just now on my Mac. It's from the tail end of page 1596 of this thread:

https://www.bikeforums.net/classic-vi...t-ii-1596.html

I just posted something to that thread which became the first message on page 1597. It appeared just fine, though the images came from an eBay auction. The best I can tell, this broken image phenomenon only occurs for me with Craigslist images.
Attached Images

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.