Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

6" of snow for tomorrow late afternoon

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

6" of snow for tomorrow late afternoon

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-19, 11:18 AM

Bikes: 2013 Custom SA5w / Rohloff Tourster

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1243 Post(s)
Liked 327 Times in 251 Posts
CO2 GloBULL warming is the biggest FRAUD/ FARCE in the history of mankind. Late and early snow for a few years now. I used to have the lawn raked the 2nd week of April, almost every year. It would still get snowed on once or twice and melt soon after. 2 years ago, hardly anybody had it raked by 3rd week in May. The heat and cold IS definitly going N+S differently, AKA climate change. GSM and an oval orbit is the cause. Last year I drove to Jasper with my CCM at this time and it was 80F, last night it was 7F. Going to be 30s/ 40s all week. Farming IS in trouble all over. Saskatchewan is bone dry, but almost all else is flooded. Last June I rode by overflowing rivers and lakes in BC, from all the winter snow and fast melt. In August some rivers were bone dry.

It won't be 50F again until next Sunday. Pffft. I got an inch of snow also and didn't bother leaving home yesterday.
Last August it was too hot to ride much on my tour in the NW, 90 to 105F. Then 3 weeks after I got home, it started snowing Sept. 15. Up to 2 feet over the next 10 days. The week after Halloween is the usual start to winter.

The students here are planning yet another CAGW weather PROTEST for Friday. LOL what deluded STUPIDNESS

Last edited by GamblerGORD53; 04-28-19 at 11:27 AM.
Old 04-28-19, 11:44 AM

Bikes: 2022 Specialized Allez Sprint custom build, 2019 Giant Defy Advanced Pro 0, 2018 Seven Mudhoney Pro custom build, 2017 Raleigh Stuntman, various others

Quoted: 782 Post(s)
Liked 475 Times in 238 Posts
Got about five inches of snow here in DuPage county. t was a real winter storm.
Old 04-28-19, 11:58 AM

Bikes: frankenbike based on MKM frame

Quoted: 725 Post(s)
Liked 621 Times in 381 Posts
You misunderstand 'global warming.' Part of the prediction was more unusual weather, more swings in weather, and more disastrous storms. Further, we experience only an infinitesimal part of the world with our own senses. What you see in Edmonton is not the whole world; on average, global temps are rising.

IOW, lots of the predictions of global warming theory have come true. That doesn't validate the whole theory, but it does make it something that warrants some acceptance.
Old 04-28-19, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by philbob57
You misunderstand 'global warming.' Part of the prediction was more unusual weather, more swings in weather, and more disastrous storms. Further, we experience only an infinitesimal part of the world with our own senses. What you see in Edmonton is not the whole world; on average, global temps are rising.

IOW, lots of the predictions of global warming theory have come true. That doesn't validate the whole theory, but it does make it something that warrants some acceptance.
Usual load of Lefty hogwash. Sure, I didn't write about the whole world. Is Michigan and Wisconsin of this thread also my LITTLE piece of the world?? Idaho is 6 weeks late planting potatoes. Everybody with open eyes can see everything on the news now on YouTube. Except the phony MSM and IPCC that just keeps making up IMAGINARY tales of the future these days. LOL Australian Outback is 200 times the size of Death Valley and closer to the equator, eh. The ME has been drowning biblically the last 5 years. Look at the satellite photos. The whole planet is 10% greener from rain and plant food>> CO2, especially the deserts. What do you guys know about record cold in Russia?? Nothing. Volcanoes are blasting all over, some say it happens during GSMs. The TCZ zones, then move the jet streams around changing weather. The YT channels I and many watch, also coroborate with ancient history. Look at what they say about the Cosmic Clock. Most Ice-ages happened during the Ages of Leo and Aquarius>> NOW. UV and cosmic rays are at record highs and still going up.

Sorry, the CAGW CC is a FAIRY TALE of epic proportions. I will trust my contrary THINKING SCIENTISTS over yours ANY day of the week.
NOTHING HANSEN or AL said 30 years ago came true.

Last edited by GamblerGORD53; 04-28-19 at 03:34 PM.
Old 04-28-19, 03:02 PM

Bikes: Giant ATX Lite & Schwinn Mesa

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
We had snow yesterday after I was done mowing the lawn. On the positive side, there are no alligators here.
Old 04-28-19, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by baldilocks
We had snow yesterday after I was done mowing the lawn. On the positive side, there are no alligators here.
Speaking of alligators ...Did you see pics of them frozen in ponds with just their nostrils poking out?? LOL
It's sunny 3C now, should I ride to the DQ?? Pffft
Old 04-28-19, 04:26 PM

Bikes: frankenbike based on MKM frame

Quoted: 725 Post(s)
Liked 621 Times in 381 Posts
I'm not a lefty. I'm right-hand dominant.
Old 04-28-19, 05:17 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1837 Post(s)
Liked 1,711 Times in 987 Posts
Originally Posted by GamblerGORD53
Usual load of Lefty hogwash. Sure, I didn't write about the whole world. Is Michigan and Wisconsin of this thread also my LITTLE piece of the world?? Idaho is 6 weeks late planting potatoes. Everybody with open eyes can see everything on the news now on YouTube. Except the phony MSM and IPCC that just keeps making up IMAGINARY tales of the future these days. LOL Australian Outback is 200 times the size of Death Valley and closer to the equator, eh. The ME has been drowning biblically the last 5 years. Look at the satellite photos. The whole planet is 10% greener from rain and plant food>> CO2, especially the deserts. What do you guys know about record cold in Russia?? Nothing. Volcanoes are blasting all over, some say it happens during GSMs. The TCZ zones, then move the jet streams around changing weather. The YT channels I and many watch, also coroborate with ancient history. Look at what they say about the Cosmic Clock. Most Ice-ages happened during the Ages of Leo and Aquarius>> NOW. UV and cosmic rays are at record highs and still going up.

Sorry, the CAGW CC is a FAIRY TALE of epic proportions. I will trust my contrary THINKING SCIENTISTS over yours ANY day of the week.
NOTHING HANSEN or AL said 30 years ago came true.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montr...ding-1.5114366
Tell that to these people suffering for the second time in 2 years from unprecedented flooding. Or, for that matter the people living in Fort Mcmurray lor the people living in BC last summer or in California where unusually dry conditions resulted in huge forest fires
These were NOT fairy tales

Last edited by alcjphil; 04-29-19 at 06:23 AM.