Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Where'd You Ride Today? (New & Improved)

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Where'd You Ride Today? (New & Improved)

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-10, 07:36 PM
@$#!?&!!$

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JunkYardBike
Lucky dog. Not because of the weather, because of the flat riding!
Oh come on I have a few hills .

Originally Posted by family_belly
Hey Jake,

The Giordana looks great with the Fulcrum wheels! How do they ride?

Stan
I like them they are nice and smooth. They are a bit heavy, but I have heard they are durable. I only have about 150 miles on them with no complaints so far. The freehub is extremely loud, but I don't mind.

Jake
Old 01-18-10, 08:27 PM
Mostly Mischief

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 24 Posts
Originally Posted by family_belly
Hey Jake,

The Giordana looks great with the Fulcrum wheels!
I'd say so!!

Excellent colors with wheels and all, not too wild. Well done. DA 74xx, the last of the good looking DA groups.

Edit: How much for those wheels? Just did a search and prices from $250 to 800 came up...
Old 01-18-10, 09:06 PM
@$#!?&!!$

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jan nikolajsen
I'd say so!!

Excellent colors with wheels and all, not too wild. Well done. DA 74xx, the last of the good looking DA groups.

Edit: How much for those wheels? Just did a search and prices from $250 to 800 came up...
These are the low end ones "racing 7's" I got them on ebay new $127 shipped. Poor pics and description.

Jake
Old 01-23-10, 07:29 PM
Mostly Mischief

Can't get enough of the Merckx. Despite the slushy roads, I took it out again today for a 40 mile round trip to the nearest bakery for scones. No camera with me, but here I'm making up for the mess with oily rags and old toothbrushes:

Old 01-23-10, 07:43 PM

Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Quoted: 821 Post(s)
Liked 257 Times in 142 Posts
Hi Jan and Jake,
Nice to see road bikes out and about. You two have such beautiful bikes! I rode my Miyata SS MTB yesterday and today in the rain and sleet. Even with Merino and layers, it was goshawful. I did 25 yesterday and 31 today. I'll be checking into the er for frostbite in twenty minutes. Just kidding. Fun to see the bikes guys. Jake, please let me know at some point how the Fulcrums are working out. I have been very tempted. You really got a whale of a deal. Jan, you have the workshop of a woodworker, maybe a boatbuilder. I wish, as I just sold a boat this morning.
Old 01-23-10, 08:31 PM
@$#!?&!!$

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gomango
Hi Jan and Jake,
Nice to see road bikes out and about. You two have such beautiful bikes! I rode my Miyata SS MTB yesterday and today in the rain and sleet. Even with Merino and layers, it was goshawful. I did 25 yesterday and 31 today. I'll be checking into the er for frostbite in twenty minutes. Just kidding. Fun to see the bikes guys. Jake, please let me know at some point how the Fulcrums are working out. I have been very tempted. You really got a whale of a deal. Jan, you have the workshop of a woodworker, maybe a boatbuilder. I wish, as I just sold a boat this morning.
I will let you know. As the weather continues to get warmer I will be putting a lot of miles on them. Nice pic Jan!

Jake
Old 01-24-10, 02:26 PM
hi

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
I got out for a snowy and icy mountain bike ride this AM with a few friends.

I found an old city bus and stopped to have a few minutes of fun...god, I'm easily amused

Old 01-24-10, 03:02 PM
@$#!?&!!$

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Good photos! ^^^^

Nice weather here today, low 40's but a bit windy. Not a real long ride, but a good one. Only one pic though.

Jake
Old 01-24-10, 05:23 PM
Banned.

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 378 Post(s)
Liked 1,411 Times in 911 Posts
Nice wheels.

46 mile ride on the American Tobacco Trail. Started in Durham at the ball park (remember the movie "Bull Durham"?) and rode through Durham, Chatham and Wake counties, ended up near Lake Jordan.

The trail is currently 23 miles each way, with a slight detour onto a highway around some construction, and it was fun. 2/3 is paved, 1/3 is hard packed.

My brother-in-law and I, both on Centurion Cinelli Equipe's, which handled the ride well, even the Tufo 700x21 tubulars had no problem on the non-paved part. One spill 3m from the end, my front wheel decided to lose grip on some pavement (probably with clay/dirt on the sidewall)...No dmg to the bike, a little rash for the springtime...

Took photos w/the phone, they are small. Took photos at the end, left the camera there, got it back and it's drying out as it rained later.

Last edited by RobbieTunes; 09-24-20 at 10:24 AM.
Old 01-24-10, 05:51 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Took My olmo out for a sunday afternoon spin along my usual roads

Nice to have a calm afternoon bike ride after a busy week.

I got this bike from a sea side location, the sea air not healthy for steel bikes.
Old 02-02-10, 02:11 PM

Bikes: Madone 08,Trek520,Bianchi Pista,Raleigh Tandem,Cdale SuperV

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by prettyshady
Took My olmo out for a sunday afternoon spin along my usual roads

Nice to have a calm afternoon bike ride after a busy week.

I got this bike from a sea side location, the sea air not healthy for steel bikes.
That's a beautiful switchback. Where is it?
Great shot.
Old 02-02-10, 03:48 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HC203
That's a beautiful switchback. Where is it?
Great shot.
My favourite local road, Its a quiet, smooth road out of the town I live in. googlemap/street view
Old 02-02-10, 03:59 PM

Bikes: Madone 08,Trek520,Bianchi Pista,Raleigh Tandem,Cdale SuperV

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Aix en Provence!!!!!! Oh, yet another reason for meto move to France.
Old 02-02-10, 05:08 PM
Dolce far niente

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by HC203
Aix en Provence!!!!!! Oh, yet another reason for meto move to France.
We've got 'em here, too.

S. J. Perelman
Old 02-02-10, 11:17 PM
Mostly Mischief

You're right, BBM:

Old 02-13-10, 02:45 AM

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
12 miles, first time since 12-29-09 crash that i have used the clipless pedals again. No lasting pain, will ride again tomorrow.
Old 02-13-10, 05:07 PM

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
44 miles, went to Seal Beach using the San Gabriel River Bed. Sunny, 58 degrees when i left, 67 at the beach and 74 when i returned. Slight breeze. Hung out at the Pier, talked to a guy who had a small bike and i think i have sold the 84 Schwinn Le tour i just bought. Its to small for me, can't get the seat high enough. Rode the Trek 1400 today.
Old 02-13-10, 07:41 PM

Bikes: Miyata 618 GT, Marinoni, Kestral 200 2002 Trek 5200, KHS Flite, Koga Miyata, Schwinn Spitfire 5, Mondia Special, Univega Alpina, Miyata team Ti, Santa Cruz Highball

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Quoted: 1620 Post(s)
Liked 2,645 Times in 1,243 Posts
I've been sneeking in rides between storms and rode with a couple of friends today. We started in Pinole and went to do a quick 3 bears ride (30 miles for me) when I lost one rider to a bad blow out early. By the time I'd finished the ride , I noticed 5 more flats along the way. Just wondering if anyone notices more flats on wet roads.
Old 02-14-10, 12:17 AM

Bikes: 1972 Paramount Track, 1972 Paramount P13 Road, 1972 Paramount Tandem, 1986 Paramount Road, Merckx MXL, Gunnar Cross Hairs, Samson Illusion NJS, KHS Aero Track, Titus Racer X 29er, Tom Palermo Custom Touring

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Took the Merckx for a spin today, like most every day (the MXL is my interim commuter at the moment) and I'll either ride it or the 72 Paramount track on a ride with some friends tomorrow. Life is tough.
Old 02-14-10, 10:44 AM

Bikes: '17 Trek Emonda, '16 Yeti ASR5, '14 Cdale F29 '08 Orbea Orca.

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by LAriverRat
44 miles, went to Seal Beach using the San Gabriel River Bed. Sunny, 58 degrees when i left, 67 at the beach and 74 when i returned. Slight breeze. Hung out at the Pier, talked to a guy who had a small bike and i think i have sold the 84 Schwinn Le tour i just bought. Its to small for me, can't get the seat high enough. Rode the Trek 1400 today.
I was driving south on the 605 yesterday morning and saw two small groups. 4 riders followed by 3 riders all drafting on each other and wishing I was on the SG river bed. It was a beautiful day yesterday for riding.
Old 02-16-10, 10:49 AM

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
44miles, crashed about 9 miles into my ride thanks to a family walking with a loose dog and small children running amok on the path, avoided them but did not see the stopped rider at the bottom of a small left down ramp to go under the freeway. A pillar obscured my vision, went into the dirt with rocks. The bike path is covered with sand and dirt so i got some new road rash on my other knee, hip, back, and right arm. Also broke the back of my helmet. My hip was sore but did not hurt to bad so i finished my ride. This was on Monday, i think i will do a "recovery" ride today.
Old 02-16-10, 10:10 PM
Larger Chainring

Bikes: 1988 Schwinn Circuit. Bike-Boom-Puegeot. First "real bike" Trek 720 Hybrid in gross disrepair.

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Hi Guys!

I have not yet posted in this thread, but since Oregon is having a ridiculously nice winter and since I have literally like 10 miles of outdoor riding this year I knew today was the day.

Two friends of mine - who also happen to be Cat2 racers - schooled me on a 45 miler down south towards Eugene (flat, I think they did this on purpose) then back up and around to Corvallis. I split with them to "cool down" ostensibly, but I had to grab a few shots since the early evening weather was so nice. I'm going to sleep so good tonight. And hopefully ride again tomorrow! (Supposedly going to be 60 and sunny for a few days).

Sorry about the poor camera quality (phone), couldn't afford the bulk of my digital camera, you know because it would weigh me down so much. Oh yeah, I'm riding a 20-year old steel bike against two weight weenies with CAAD9s, the difference is really going to matter Click for bigger pictures.

And for the record - I didn't get dropped too bad at all. The guys seemed sincerely surprised I could keep up with my "beater bike".
Old 02-17-10, 01:09 PM

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Went on my recovery ride yesterday, was going to fast going under a bridge when the change of direction flatted my front tire. Rode it home 9 miles. Going to the Doc's today to check out my hip from Mondays crash. Rode the Rio Hondo/Los Angeles riverbed, about 80 degrees and sunny.
Old 02-17-10, 11:18 PM

Bikes: Miyata 618 GT, Marinoni, Kestral 200 2002 Trek 5200, KHS Flite, Koga Miyata, Schwinn Spitfire 5, Mondia Special, Univega Alpina, Miyata team Ti, Santa Cruz Highball

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Quoted: 1620 Post(s)
Liked 2,645 Times in 1,243 Posts
Took a ride up Wildcat today. I didn't know the closed El Toyonal road was still passable until an equestrian said it was. It would be a nice shaded ride to take in the heat of the summer.
Picture of Briones reservoir from El toyonal

Old 02-19-10, 02:55 AM

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
30 miles to day riding the Rio Hondo/Los Angeles River bed to Shoreline Village. 70 degrees, sunny.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.