Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

The Wacky World of Craigslist and eBay Ads

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

The Wacky World of Craigslist and eBay Ads

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-11, 10:34 PM

Bikes: Pinarello Veneto, Pinarello Montello, Bianchi Celeste

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
So this kind of goes in the whacky world of craigslist ads.

If you're in toronto we've notice alot of trolling on the sites lately, someone has been beefin' on the bikes sections about the "sh*tbox bikes" that are listed so he ended up making a "sh*tlist of bikes in each day. (this is all his terms in quotations). Now it's turned into a mini war on craigslist and people have been firing back and forth at this guy, it's rather entertaining.

If you're bored go to https://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/bik/ and type in "sh*t list" without the *, or read the postings over the last few days it's been pretty interesting, i'm sure this happens on your craigslist's here and there but this is kinda funny
Old 06-30-11, 10:41 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
haha someone just replied with a post with this picture:

and this :

i didn't even know these existed, they don't look like they'd be very aerodynamic but they could be very functional on the extra long commute to work
Old 06-30-11, 10:49 PM

Bikes: Various, I like to work on bikes restoring and building.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I like it.
Old 07-01-11, 12:46 AM
Chainstay Brake Mafia

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 10 Posts
no shiatlist posts on your CL any more :'(
Old 07-01-11, 01:15 AM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by frantik
no shiatlist posts on your CL any more :'(
the **** lists aren't there but all the postings and hateful messages are,, haha, i guess they flagged the posts where the guy posted about 10 links of stuff that was posted all yesterday and they were just made fun of in the post.

it's funny cause about 3 of the 10-13 links proabably shouldn't of been in there, i guess this guy is just super mad for some reason, maybe he bought one of the "sh*t list" bikes and was mad that he didn't know any better?!
Old 07-01-11, 02:14 AM
Chainstay Brake Mafia

never mind i found them.. i search for "sh/tlist" when i should have searched "sh/t list"

Last edited by frantik; 07-01-11 at 04:09 AM.
Old 07-01-11, 08:52 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
He types all this out, with no mention of the make, model, size, or even a clear picture, and flat-out refuses to answer any questions, let you ride it (because obviously test ride = theft attempt), budge on the price, or even pump up the tires. But it has a gel seat!

https://baltimore.craigslist.org/bik/2472044129.html

$800 custom-made Street Bike with accessories - $300 (Rosedale)

*sigh*

I honestly don't know why I bother posting these ads. It's OBVIOUS that NO ONE ever looks on Craigslist for a bike... unless they want to ask a million questions and never buy anything or else find out how stupid you are by asking for a test ride so they can STEAL it.

So, fine. Listen - I'm not going to answer a million questions about the bike. Honestly, I don't know what body or shocks or spokes or whatever are on it. I don't really care. All I know is that it was custom made for biking on pavement by a guy that's awesome at making bikes in VA (where I got it). The bike itself is only a year old, and has been in storage for the majority of that time.

And no, you can't test ride it. You'll have to take my word for it that it really does ride like a dream (especially with the gel seat cushion on it), and actually, I just checked, and the front tire has leaked a bit of air from BEING in storage so long. Really, it would be more of a pain for me to WALK to the nearest gas station to fill it with air than it would be for me to just sell you this OUTSTANDING bike at a HUGE discount. And I'm near 300 lbs and 6'4", so trust me when I say this bike would easily support you.

I'm including the gel seat cushion, a one-size-fits-most bike helmet, a bike lock, and front and rear lights. Easily everything you'll ever need to ride safely and legally on the street. Don't ask about lowering the price; it's firm. I need every bit of the money, too, as I'm short on the rent this month. Text me at 804-317-6069 when you're ready to come and buy. CASH ONLY, thanks.

Old 07-01-11, 10:03 AM

Bikes: 72 Speedster, 87 Traveler

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
$300 for that piece of crap. I want what this guy is smokin'.
Old 07-01-11, 01:18 PM
Chainstay Brake Mafia

lol great ad
Old 07-01-11, 01:27 PM
Chainstay Brake Mafia

I drunkingly lost my Centurion Dave Scott!! NEED YOUR HELP!! (glen park)

Date: 2011-06-30, 6:56PM PDT
Reply to: sale-fn4ee-2471724907@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
I got wasted and dont know what the hell I did with my Centurion Dave Scott Ironman. Its pink and yellow, has a black rear wheel and a copper-esq front wheel. The grip is yellow and black, the stem is black. Reward!!! I need by baybay back

Old 07-03-11, 07:32 PM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 8 Posts
Anyone know what these retailed for? I found a nytimes article mentioning $169-179.

20" Schwinn Orange County Choppers - $500 (Nashua)

Rare Limited Edition 20" Blue/Chrome Bike.

Orange County Choppers and Schwinn have combined to produce one of the coolest bicycles ever brought to market. It has a wide, motorcycle-size rear tire and a riveted saddle seat. The custom-stretched chopper frame includes a wedge-shaped piece of metal where a motorcycle's gas tank would be. The bike even parks like a real motorcycle, thanks to a double-leg kickstand that raises the front wheel when locked down. A closer look reveals amazing detail. The word "Sting-Ray" in white lettering on the tires. Black dice inner-tube caps. Clear-coated flame decals. The Sting-Ray weighs a healthy 45 pounds and feels like it would last forever. This chopper is a great cruiser. Schwinn produced only 3,500 of these first-edition Sting-Rays. These are destined to be sought-after collectables like the old Schwinn Sting-Rays of the 1960s and '70s. Here's a chance to buy one for yourself as an investment while the price is still affordable. Or get one for your kid so he or she can have the coolest ride in the neighborhood.

Asking $500 or best offer.

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
Old 07-04-11, 03:16 AM
Chainstay Brake Mafia

it's a road track bike! maybe the seller can buy some punctuation after the sale

VINTAGE BIANCHI WOMENS MIXTI SINGLE SPEED ROAD TRACK BIKE - $300 (san jose east)

Date: 2011-07-03, 11:15AM PDT
Reply to: sale-aapmn-2475504688@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
up for sale is a vintage 27" womens bianchi fixie sigle speed conversion road track bike womens mixti frame complete fixie fixed gear hot pink in coller with white accents . great white tires comfy race origin 8 saddle nice orey new chain all aluminum crank set rebuilt head set grips lots of new parts this bike has been completely gone through and rides like a dream if you are looking for a vintage retro fixie sigle speed bike bicycle that needs nothing and is ready to enjoy look no more here it is would make a great bike for cruising around campus or riding with friends or maybe a trick bike san jose bike party all in all bike is in good vintage shape all components on this bike are are in new or rebuilt condition ready to ride will fit any one 5'5" and taller if your not to sure if bike will fit come test it out first $300 takes it home (408) 509-8631

,ram horn,burning man,muscle,old school,Murray,collectors,1970's,70's ,fixie,fixed gear,deep v,volocity,speedster,27",10 speed,speed,7 speed,5 speed,3 speed,single speed,project,frame,racing,mixtie split frame,Peugeot,centurion,univega,road bike,road bicycle, continental,varsity ,sjfixed,sj fixed bike party beer run down town cruising mixie mixtie Schwinn,vintage,rust,roll fast,huffy,good year,felt,dyno,bike party RAT BIKE beer run college bike high school hoopty scrapper trick san jose fixed san jose drunks drunkx road street urban hybrid fixed fixie townie light weight commuter mixte beach cruiser bike bicycle womens ladies girls
Old 07-05-11, 06:46 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You gotta love this guys description of the bike

https://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....m=170661759618

FOR SALE CECIL WALKER 12 Speed bike, aka 'The Jewel of Ballarat'

This bike was purchased by my father in law in the late 70's or early 80's. He's old he can't remember exactly, and when i asked him when did he purchase the bike he slapped me because he thought I said, "when did you root that dike?" He lives in a home now and sometimes poop's his pants so the bike doesn't get any use, and I need the money to pay for his warm milk and purified dinners.

It's an exceptional quality build in original condition, apart from the rims which he said he replaced to something thicker for ease of longer rides, but I really think he just wanted to look tougher, back then if you had lamb chop side burns, a Lillie gold chain necklace and fatties on your bike, you were made, especially if you lived in Croydon, which is where he lived back then.

This is a genuine one owner bike that been gathering dust in the garage for the last 20 odd years until I pulled out few a brief attempt at fitness regime of mine which unfortunately followed in similar success of Pol Pot's regime.

I had new tyres put on the mags, poofy grips, a speedo to tell me how crap and slow I was and even gave it a wash. I rode it round for a while but then a few easters ago I went for a ride with a good friend. He had lots of colourful tight fitting lycra that accentuated his groin-al region, and riding boots on that sounded like tap dancing shoes when he walked on concrete. I felt like a gimp.....but the funny thing is he looked like the gimp. And I think he kept on looking at my arse when we were riding.....it totally put me off riding with a 'partner' in fact it put me off riding in groups and riding in general. He was super fit and I was super lame. My enthusiasm waned considerable from the day on resulting in me installing a hanging apparatus in the shed and hanging the old girl. Like the Golden Idol in Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Arc.......the bike sat waiting for someone to discover it.....minus the big rolling ball and arrow boobie traps mmmmm boobies.

If you buy it I promise there will not be any indigenous Hovitos or rival archaeologists plotting for your pending doom and demise, And you don't need to pick up the bike in a seaplane that has trouble starting until you thump it on the dashboard when your under heavy incoming fire. We live on a normal street so you can pick it up in a normal car, but not a Hyundai. There is however a snake pit in the shed and a mass of brooding large spiders that you may have to contend with.

This bike has brakes, a seat, handle bars and two wheels. Apparently the crank is a special egg design to make the most of your downward pedal action. In it's time it was cutting edge technology so it pulled heaps of chicks. So close your eyes and put yourself on this bike seat and dream of your potential hiram of lycra clad bike loving chicks.

Old 07-05-11, 07:09 AM
Chainstay Brake Mafia

some people have too much fun writing ads
Old 07-05-11, 10:03 AM
Chrome Freak

Bikes: 71 Chrome Paramount P13-9, 73 Opaque Blue Paramount P15, 74 Blue Mink Raleigh Pro, 91 Waterford Paramount, Holland Titanium x2

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 14 Posts
Should I be concerned about the bulge in the rear tire? I really like that stylish curved fork.

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/bik/2477659426.html

1991 Waterford Paramount
Holland Titanium Dura Ace Group
Holland Titanium Ultegra Triple Group
Old 07-05-11, 10:22 AM
Vello Kombi, baby

Bikes: 1973 Eisentraut; 1970s Richard Sachs; 1978 Alfio Bonnano; 1967 Peugeot PX10

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
re: "****list"

I also enjoyed this photo. Let's hope the BF auto censor doesn't pick it up:

Waste your money! Buy my comic book!
Old 07-06-11, 01:59 PM

Bikes: A few BSO's.

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked 55 Times in 27 Posts
90 PINARELLO PREVISO
https://cgi.ebay.com/90-PINARELLO-PRE...#ht_5638wt_902

I have seen this on ebay for what seems like months now. There is even a photo included in his ad that shows the word Treviso on the top tube. Not the first time this kind of mistake has been pointed out. Makes you wonder how bad the guy really wants to sell it.

I would like to own it for 1/3 the price.
Old 07-07-11, 06:46 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
https://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/bik/2481354606.html

Bwahahahahahaha
Old 07-07-11, 06:49 AM
Cottered Crank

Bikes: 1954 Raleigh Sports 1974 Raleigh Competition 1969 Raleigh Twenty 1964 Raleigh LTD-3

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Originally Posted by BlueRaleigh
It's OLD so therefore it is worth a lot of money, right?
Old 07-07-11, 06:51 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Amesja
It's OLD so therefore it is worth a lot of money, right?
I was thinking it was the lab-grade rust that was so valuable. But still, Fisher Scientific will sell me a whole case for $356: https://www.fishersci.com/ecomm/servl...141_29104_-1_0
Old 07-08-11, 06:49 AM
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 194 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2942 Post(s)
Liked 2,947 Times in 1,503 Posts
I know there was a seperate thread on these a week or so ago, but of course I can't find it.

Campi C-rec HF hubs used. I believe they started at $700 currently $852 after 13 bids. I may have to sell mine.

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 07-08-11, 07:08 AM
Chainstay Brake Mafia

Womans bike like new - $115

Date: 2011-07-08, 2:20AM PDT
Reply to: see below [Errors when replying to ads?]
Womans 10speed mountain bike. 1 year old rode twice.I believe the brand is called combian but can give you exact name on the phone. The paint looks perfect except screws look rusty but is wiping off. I dont have time to clean it so take as is. Ive been receiving many offers but nothing serious so do not waste my time if you cant buy it. Whoever picks it up first for 115 can have it.

I have pics but cant put them up until later but can text one as well.
$115nothing less! Located downtown. Call brittany 408-xxxxxxx
Old 07-08-11, 09:51 AM
Chainstay Brake Mafia

$500 Schwinnn Varsity anyone?

old vintage schwinnn 1972" LH511- - $500 (san jose north)

Date: 2011-07-08, 8:02AM PDT
Reply to: sale-3mnvh-2483392043@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Hot color vintage schwinn Original made in chicago made in 1972" schwinn date codes by the year LH- 10-speed the size 51cmm by inches-20"
408-xxxxxxx thanks"

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/bik/2483392043.html
Old 07-08-11, 09:54 AM
Cottered Crank

Bikes: 1954 Raleigh Sports 1974 Raleigh Competition 1969 Raleigh Twenty 1964 Raleigh LTD-3

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Originally Posted by frantik
$500 Schwinn Varsity anyone?
With the rare derailleur guard it is totally worth it! OPC's are hot this year.

Is that front fender on backward?
Old 07-08-11, 10:08 AM
Chainstay Brake Mafia

Originally Posted by Amesja
Is that front fender on backward?
lol i think it is.. would explain the bad fit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.