Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Training & Nutrition
Reload this Page >

Problems with resistance using Rouvy

Notices
Training & Nutrition Learn how to develop a training schedule that's good for you. What should you eat and drink on your ride? Learn everything you need to know about training and nutrition here.

Problems with resistance using Rouvy

Old 02-10-23, 07:07 PM
  #51  
Senior Member
 
spelger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: reno, nv
Posts: 2,360

Bikes: yes, i have one

Liked 1,209 Times in 707 Posts
Originally Posted by BrokenShifter
Hi,

I tried changing the wheel circumference in the Wahoo app while simultaneously riding in Rouvy and this does the trick indeed. I can offset gearing range this way as you mentioned. It's great that it reacts in real time to the adjustments, so it's easy to fine tune the resistance.
so this is still a problem and you are getting no love from rouvy?
spelger is offline  
Old 02-12-23, 08:48 AM
  #52  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2023
Posts: 4
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by spelger
so this is still a problem and you are getting no love from rouvy?
It is actually a problem that my friend has. We tried doing same climb on Rouvy: around 5% grade, I rode on a medium gear (34 front, 18 rear), my friend was on his easiest gear (34 front, 32 rear). I was producing 130W with cadence 80 maintaining low speed, around 8kph. My friend on the lightest gear was incapable of continuing with me, because he had to produce more than 300W with a very low cadence just to keep up with me. Strange, as we both have Wahoo Kickr Core, same firmware, same Rouvy version.
BrokenShifter is offline  
Old 02-12-23, 02:30 PM
  #53  
Senior Member
 
spelger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: reno, nv
Posts: 2,360

Bikes: yes, i have one

Liked 1,209 Times in 707 Posts
Originally Posted by BrokenShifter
It is actually a problem that my friend has. We tried doing same climb on Rouvy: around 5% grade, I rode on a medium gear (34 front, 18 rear), my friend was on his easiest gear (34 front, 32 rear). I was producing 130W with cadence 80 maintaining low speed, around 8kph. My friend on the lightest gear was incapable of continuing with me, because he had to produce more than 300W with a very low cadence just to keep up with me. Strange, as we both have Wahoo Kickr Core, same firmware, same Rouvy version.
what is the setup? Phone (what kind), COMPUTER (what kind). What else...allpe TV? These aer other differences that may play a role.
spelger is offline  
Old 02-13-23, 02:47 AM
  #54  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2022
Posts: 19
Likes: 0
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Have you tried calibrating your trainer?
support.rouvy.com/hc/en-us/articles/10720842424593-Calibration
Here is a link to the ROUVY page where it is all described.
nicocyclo is offline  
Old 02-13-23, 01:19 PM
  #55  
Senior Member
 
surak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,987

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix, Canyon Inflite AL SLX, Ibis Ripley AF, Priority Continuum Onyx, Santana Vision, Kent Dual-Drive Tandem

Liked 746 Times in 444 Posts
Originally Posted by BrokenShifter
It is actually a problem that my friend has. We tried doing same climb on Rouvy: around 5% grade, I rode on a medium gear (34 front, 18 rear), my friend was on his easiest gear (34 front, 32 rear). I was producing 130W with cadence 80 maintaining low speed, around 8kph. My friend on the lightest gear was incapable of continuing with me, because he had to produce more than 300W with a very low cadence just to keep up with me. Strange, as we both have Wahoo Kickr Core, same firmware, same Rouvy version.
Riding 34x18 at 80rpm in real life would be at more than twice the speed that you're seeing on Rouvy. Either your trainer is badly miscalibrated or your settings are wrong on Rouvy, like wrong weight or not actually using your Kickr Core as a controllable.
surak is offline  
Old 02-13-23, 01:31 PM
  #56  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2023
Posts: 4
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by surak
Riding 34x18 at 80rpm in real life would be at more than twice the speed that you're seeing on Rouvy. Either your trainer is badly miscalibrated or your settings are wrong on Rouvy, like wrong weight or not actually using your Kickr Core as a controllable.
I might be remembering the speed incorrectly. My setup mimics real world perfectly in Rouvy and I enjoy it. It's my friend's setup that has problems - even a small grade climb in Rouvy makes it impossible for him to climb even at the easiest gear. What matters, it looks like he isn't the only one that has such a problem and I found a workaround solution for him to use wheel circumference adjustment as a way of adjusting gear range in Rouvy. Someone else might find it helpful.
BrokenShifter is offline  
Old 09-17-23, 06:55 PM
  #57  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Posts: 16
Liked 16 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by BrokenShifter
I might be remembering the speed incorrectly. My setup mimics real world perfectly in Rouvy and I enjoy it. It's my friend's setup that has problems - even a small grade climb in Rouvy makes it impossible for him to climb even at the easiest gear. What matters, it looks like he isn't the only one that has such a problem and I found a workaround solution for him to use wheel circumference adjustment as a way of adjusting gear range in Rouvy. Someone else might find it helpful.
This works beautifully!! Thank you so much.
Acadianbob is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
rumrunn6
Training & Nutrition
5
03-18-24 07:13 AM
jwill911
Training & Nutrition
5
10-05-18 04:52 PM
FlamsteadHill
General Cycling Discussion
3
10-09-17 06:06 PM
WonderMonkey
Training & Nutrition
3
11-12-15 08:44 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.