Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

py-rite rept(sic)

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

py-rite rept(sic)

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-13, 12:27 PM
rck

Bikes: cannondale 400st, dean el diente, specialized hybrid

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
py-rite rept(sic)

I'm sorry, I mean pie-rite, no wait darn it, I mean pie ride report.

T'is a beautiful day here in sw Wi, sunny a bit cool at the start and not much of a breeze. As the pie ride has become something of a tradition, I felt it appropiate to do a "traditional" ride. So off to I went. The ride to was quite nice and it made me happy to spot a couple of bluebirds. Of course I could do without that d--n vulture that follows me wherever I go!

At Irma's the pie du jour was and it tasted finestkind. Good that I got there early as they were shutting down early to get ready for Joe's retirement(congrats).

The ride home was equally nice and was marred by only one small incident. As I was swooping around a downhill curve, I discoverd pea gravel about halfway round. Yeow! nothing like speeding around a curve and finding that. I tell you it tightened up some parts of my body and loosened another. Fortunately I made it with out further trauma and the rest of the ride passed without trouble. A really nice ride on a truly fine day.
Old 09-14-13, 01:04 PM
Have bike, will travel

Bikes: Ridley Helium SLX, Canyon Endurance SL, De Rosa Professional, Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra, Schwinn Paramount (1 painted, 1 chrome), Peugeot PX10, Serotta Nova X, Simoncini Cyclocross Special, Raleigh Roker, Pedal Force CG2 and CX2

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 910 Post(s)
Liked 288 Times in 158 Posts
I need to come out to your corner of Wisconsin before the freezing weather arrives.
When I ride my bike I feel free and happy and strong. I'm liberated from the usual nonsense of day to day life. Solid, dependable, silent, my bike is my horse, my fighter jet, my island, my friend. Together we will conquer that hill and thereafter the world.
Old 09-14-13, 07:44 PM
el padre

Bikes: Rans Stratus, ICE TRike, other assorted

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
any pie ride is good when you can eat pie... and sounds like a good ride even with the ?mishap?
Old 09-14-13, 07:54 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
Last summer I had a great slice of pie in your honorable state. I'm not sure of the name, but I know it was in Middleton. I think it was the Hubbard Diner. I remember thinking, I might seriously think about moving to WI for regular pie like this. How did you all get blessed with so many good places for pie?