Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Addiction 2023.4

Notices
Road Cycling ďIt is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.Ē -- Ernest Hemingway

Addiction 2023.4

Old 11-01-23, 03:17 PM
  #2601  
Not actually Tmonk
 
TMonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 14,276

Bikes: road, track, mtb

Mentioned: 142 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2719 Post(s)
Liked 3,295 Times in 1,728 Posts
I did watch the first season of Breaking Bad, and liked it too. pretty stressful. Not sure why we haven't picked it back up. I don't watch a ton of TV in the first place (wife does)
__________________
"Your beauty is an aeroplane;
so high, my heart cannot bear the strain." -A.C. Jobim, Triste
TMonk is offline  
Likes For TMonk:
Old 11-01-23, 03:19 PM
  #2602  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: 757
Posts: 11,290

Bikes: Madone, Emonda, 5500, Ritchey Breakaway

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10258 Post(s)
Liked 5,230 Times in 2,242 Posts
Originally Posted by TMonk
that's a good sign! hope you can get some rides in that aren't too windy. I hate the wind, would rather climb if it's gonna be >> 10 MPH and exposed. Santa Ana weather patterns are dying down around here which will be nice (less wind). Not that I'm going to take advantage of it much as I'll still be mostly on the trainer, but still.

Coldest day so far and wind was out of control.




Naturally I wait for the coldest day to get the Simon bike seat installed. He was smiling until the wind blew.

Speaking of the bike seat itís too low so I have to pedal bow legged. If I put it on the seat post itís too high and I can barely see forward, I canít raise it on the seat post tube becuase of a weld to hold the FD cable. Itís always something.
bampilot06 is offline  
Likes For bampilot06:
Old 11-01-23, 03:20 PM
  #2603  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: 757
Posts: 11,290

Bikes: Madone, Emonda, 5500, Ritchey Breakaway

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10258 Post(s)
Liked 5,230 Times in 2,242 Posts
Originally Posted by TMonk
I did watch the first season of Breaking Bad, and liked it too. pretty stressful. Not sure why we haven't picked it back up. I don't watch a ton of TV in the first place (wife does)

I only watch tv when I am commuting for work. I watched all of breaking bad that way. It was good but eventually I hated all the characters.

Wife and I just watch everybody loves raymond before bed. Itís like watching my life.
bampilot06 is offline  
Likes For bampilot06:
Old 11-01-23, 03:23 PM
  #2604  
Not actually Tmonk
 
TMonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 14,276

Bikes: road, track, mtb

Mentioned: 142 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2719 Post(s)
Liked 3,295 Times in 1,728 Posts
My wife and I could use something else to watch a couple times per week. We just finished "Beef" from Netflix - also stressful as hell. But good! I recommend it. For feel good stuff, we have been slowly working our way through classic The Simpsons. Currently in Season 7 - golden era for sure. So much good stuff.

And now I return to the lab. If anyone sees a timestamp from me during the next 3 or so hours, feel free to tell me to get back to work
__________________
"Your beauty is an aeroplane;
so high, my heart cannot bear the strain." -A.C. Jobim, Triste
TMonk is offline  
Old 11-01-23, 03:24 PM
  #2605  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: 757
Posts: 11,290

Bikes: Madone, Emonda, 5500, Ritchey Breakaway

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10258 Post(s)
Liked 5,230 Times in 2,242 Posts
Originally Posted by TMonk
My wife and I could use something else to watch a couple times per week. We just finished "Beef" from Netflix - also stressful as hell. But good! I recommend it. For feel good stuff, we have been slowly working our way through classic The Simpsons. Currently in Season 7 - golden era for sure. So much good stuff.

And now I return to the lab. If anyone sees a timestamp from me during the next 3 or so hours, feel free to tell me to get back to work
Beef was pretty good, but I doubt my wife would like it.

Shes more of a home improvement, king of queens type of gal.

We might only be 35 but we are old people.
bampilot06 is offline  
Likes For bampilot06:
Old 11-01-23, 03:31 PM
  #2606  
Should Be More Popular
 
datlas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Malvern, PA (20 miles West of Philly)
Posts: 43,178

Bikes: 1986 Alpine (steel road bike), 2009 Ti Habenero, 2013 Specialized Roubaix

Mentioned: 561 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22702 Post(s)
Liked 9,061 Times in 4,208 Posts
As a side project, I am thinking of upgrading the Roubaix from 10s Ultegra 6700 to 11s Di2. Frame is compatible with internal Di2, I can keep the 10s cranks, and a cycling friend has Ultegra shifters/rd/FD/battery/wires and is willing to set me up.

The fit of this bike is not quite as good as the Habanero but good enough.

Comments?
__________________
Originally Posted by rjones28
Addiction is all about class.
datlas is offline  
Old 11-01-23, 03:33 PM
  #2607  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: 757
Posts: 11,290

Bikes: Madone, Emonda, 5500, Ritchey Breakaway

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10258 Post(s)
Liked 5,230 Times in 2,242 Posts
Originally Posted by datlas
As a side project, I am thinking of upgrading the Roubaix from 10s Ultegra 6700 to 11s Di2. Frame is compatible with internal Di2, I can keep the 10s cranks, and a cycling friend has Ultegra shifters/rd/FD/battery/wires and is willing to set me up.

The fit of this bike is not quite as good as the Habanero but good enough.

Comments?
Do it. or send me the 11 speed di 2 stuff.
bampilot06 is offline  
Old 11-01-23, 03:39 PM
  #2608  
VFL For Life
 
Velo Vol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 51,442

Bikes: Velo Volmobile

Mentioned: 781 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28811 Post(s)
Liked 1,885 Times in 1,339 Posts
Originally Posted by TMonk
I did watch the first season of Breaking Bad, and liked it too. pretty stressful. Not sure why we haven't picked it back up. I don't watch a ton of TV in the first place (wife does)
I watch TV during my infusions. Guess what I saw when I fired up the guide this morning?


Oh yes. I watched almost two episodes (it was a continued one). Quite entertaining. Love how they make their dopey plots so dramatic.
__________________
Originally Posted by Velo Vol
People here don't get it.
Velo Vol is offline  
Likes For Velo Vol:
Old 11-01-23, 03:41 PM
  #2609  
-------
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Tejas
Posts: 12,803
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9660 Post(s)
Liked 6,366 Times in 3,506 Posts
Originally Posted by TMonk
My wife and I could use something else to watch a couple times per week. We just finished "Beef" from Netflix - also stressful as hell. But good! I recommend it. For feel good stuff, we have been slowly working our way through classic The Simpsons. Currently in Season 7 - golden era for sure. So much good stuff.

And now I return to the lab. If anyone sees a timestamp from me during the next 3 or so hours, feel free to tell me to get back to work
Get back to work!

The beatings will continue until the morale improves.
Mojo31 is offline  
Likes For Mojo31:
Old 11-01-23, 03:41 PM
  #2610  
-------
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Tejas
Posts: 12,803
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9660 Post(s)
Liked 6,366 Times in 3,506 Posts
Originally Posted by datlas
As a side project, I am thinking of upgrading the Roubaix from 10s Ultegra 6700 to 11s Di2. Frame is compatible with internal Di2, I can keep the 10s cranks, and a cycling friend has Ultegra shifters/rd/FD/battery/wires and is willing to set me up.

The fit of this bike is not quite as good as the Habanero but good enough.

Comments?
Don't talk about it! Do it!
Mojo31 is offline  
Old 11-01-23, 03:42 PM
  #2611  
Should Be More Popular
 
datlas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Malvern, PA (20 miles West of Philly)
Posts: 43,178

Bikes: 1986 Alpine (steel road bike), 2009 Ti Habenero, 2013 Specialized Roubaix

Mentioned: 561 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22702 Post(s)
Liked 9,061 Times in 4,208 Posts
Originally Posted by bampilot06
Do it. or send me the 11 speed di 2 stuff.
Here it is!


__________________
Originally Posted by rjones28
Addiction is all about class.
datlas is offline  
Likes For datlas:
Old 11-01-23, 03:44 PM
  #2612  
-------
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Tejas
Posts: 12,803
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9660 Post(s)
Liked 6,366 Times in 3,506 Posts
Originally Posted by bampilot06
Coldest day so far and wind was out of control.




Naturally I wait for the coldest day to get the Simon bike seat installed. He was smiling until the wind blew.

Speaking of the bike seat itís too low so I have to pedal bow legged. If I put it on the seat post itís too high and I can barely see forward, I canít raise it on the seat post tube becuase of a weld to hold the FD cable. Itís always something.
Have you thought about starting a new bike company? You know all the shortcomings of practically every bike.
Mojo31 is offline  
Old 11-01-23, 03:44 PM
  #2613  
Should Be More Popular
 
datlas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Malvern, PA (20 miles West of Philly)
Posts: 43,178

Bikes: 1986 Alpine (steel road bike), 2009 Ti Habenero, 2013 Specialized Roubaix

Mentioned: 561 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22702 Post(s)
Liked 9,061 Times in 4,208 Posts
I don’t know if the stock boat anchor DT Swiss wheelset on the Roubaix is 11s compatible but if not I suppose I can either get the 11s freehub body or even a new rear wheel.
__________________
Originally Posted by rjones28
Addiction is all about class.
datlas is offline  
Old 11-01-23, 03:44 PM
  #2614  
-------
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Tejas
Posts: 12,803
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9660 Post(s)
Liked 6,366 Times in 3,506 Posts
Originally Posted by datlas
Here it is!


Almost enough for two bikes.
Mojo31 is offline  
Old 11-01-23, 03:47 PM
  #2615  
-------
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Tejas
Posts: 12,803
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9660 Post(s)
Liked 6,366 Times in 3,506 Posts
Originally Posted by datlas
I donít know if the stock boat anchor DT Swiss wheelset on the Roubaix is 11s compatible but if not I suppose I can either get the 11s freehub body or even a new rear wheel.
You will likely need a new hub.
Mojo31 is offline  
Old 11-01-23, 03:51 PM
  #2616  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: 757
Posts: 11,290

Bikes: Madone, Emonda, 5500, Ritchey Breakaway

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10258 Post(s)
Liked 5,230 Times in 2,242 Posts
Originally Posted by datlas
Here it is!



That would look great on my Emonda. Just saying.
bampilot06 is offline  
Old 11-01-23, 03:53 PM
  #2617  
-------
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Tejas
Posts: 12,803
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9660 Post(s)
Liked 6,366 Times in 3,506 Posts
Originally Posted by bampilot06
That would look great on my Emonda. Just saying.
There are two, and he only has one Roubaix. Just saying.
Mojo31 is offline  
Old 11-01-23, 04:07 PM
  #2618  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: 757
Posts: 11,290

Bikes: Madone, Emonda, 5500, Ritchey Breakaway

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10258 Post(s)
Liked 5,230 Times in 2,242 Posts
Originally Posted by Mojo31
There are two, and he only has one Roubaix. Just saying.

Why are there 2? Now I am confused.
bampilot06 is offline  
Old 11-01-23, 04:11 PM
  #2619  
-------
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Tejas
Posts: 12,803
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9660 Post(s)
Liked 6,366 Times in 3,506 Posts
Originally Posted by bampilot06
Why are there 2? Now I am confused.
I don't know. The picture shows 2 FDs, 2 RDs, and 4 brifters.

Last time I checked, a bike only requires 1 FD, 1RD, and 2 brifters.

Knowing the Dougs, there might be some trickery going on.
Mojo31 is offline  
Old 11-01-23, 04:12 PM
  #2620  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: 757
Posts: 11,290

Bikes: Madone, Emonda, 5500, Ritchey Breakaway

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10258 Post(s)
Liked 5,230 Times in 2,242 Posts
Originally Posted by Mojo31
I don't know. The picture shows 2 FDs, 2 RDs, and 4 brifters.

Last time I checked, a bike only requires 1 FD, 1RD, and 2 brifters.

Knowing the Dougs, there might be some trickery going on.

I feel like I am being set up for disappointment.
bampilot06 is offline  
Old 11-01-23, 04:27 PM
  #2621  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: 757
Posts: 11,290

Bikes: Madone, Emonda, 5500, Ritchey Breakaway

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10258 Post(s)
Liked 5,230 Times in 2,242 Posts
Originally Posted by datlas
I donít know if the stock boat anchor DT Swiss wheelset on the Roubaix is 11s compatible but if not I suppose I can either get the 11s freehub body or even a new rear wheel.

is your roubaix rim or disc?
bampilot06 is offline  
Old 11-01-23, 04:38 PM
  #2622  
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?
 
genejockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 18,198

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10541 Post(s)
Liked 12,115 Times in 6,201 Posts
Originally Posted by bampilot06
I only watch tv when I am commuting for work. I watched all of breaking bad that way. It was good but eventually I hated all the characters.

Wife and I just watch everybody loves raymond before bed. Itís like watching my life.
If you go looking for a good guy or a likeable character in Breaking Bad, you'll come up empty.
__________________
"Don't take life so serious-it ain't nohow permanent."

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles
genejockey is offline  
Likes For genejockey:
Old 11-01-23, 04:41 PM
  #2623  
Senior Member
 
seedsbelize2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: YucatŠn. Mťxico
Posts: 6,419

Bikes: 79 Trek 930 is back on the road, 80 Trek 414, 84 Schwinn Letour Luxe,87 Schwinn Prelude, 92 Schwinn Paramount PDG 5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3281 Post(s)
Liked 1,898 Times in 1,197 Posts
We had a plum beautiful day here today! Periods Of light rain kept cycling off the slate, but I was too busy with other things anyway. Maybe tomorrow..

​​​​
seedsbelize2 is offline  
Old 11-01-23, 04:45 PM
  #2624  
t2p
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2022
Location: USA - Southwest PA
Posts: 3,218

Bikes: Cannondale - Gary Fisher - Giant - Litespeed - Schwinn Paramount - Schwinn (lugged steel) - Trek OCLV

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1446 Post(s)
Liked 2,020 Times in 1,147 Posts
Originally Posted by TMonk
the boys are cheesin'!

Piano recital? Who's in the photo, and what was on the program for them?
cheesin and then some !

our two kids at a piano recital at Duquesne University (around 2012 ?)

canít recall what they played - but possibly a Beatles tune for the oldest (Let it Be ?) Ö maybe theme or something from Peanuts / Charles Shultz for the youngest (lol)

good times Ö both are in their 20ís now
t2p is offline  
Likes For t2p:
Old 11-01-23, 04:54 PM
  #2625  
-------
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Tejas
Posts: 12,803
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9660 Post(s)
Liked 6,366 Times in 3,506 Posts
Originally Posted by bampilot06
is your roubaix rim or disc?
How does a major airline pilot get a gun onto a commercial flight? And get it into the cockpit?
Mojo31 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.