Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Show us your vintage mountain bikes!

Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Show us your vintage mountain bikes!

Old 03-15-08, 06:44 PM
  #476  
dobber
Perineal Pressurized
 
dobber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In Ebritated
Posts: 6,555
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
It use to be a MTB, it's an old SR Litage bonded aluminum frame

__________________
This is Africa, 1943. War spits out its violence overhead and the sandy graveyard swallows it up. Her name is King Nine, B-25, medium bomber, Twelfth Air Force. On a hot, still morning she took off from Tunisia to bomb the southern tip of Italy. An errant piece of flak tore a hole in a wing tank and, like a wounded bird, this is where she landed, not to return on this day, or any other day.

Last edited by dobber; 06-28-08 at 12:08 PM.
dobber is offline  
Old 03-15-08, 06:53 PM
  #477  
kpug505
Senior Member
 
kpug505's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Puyallup Washington
Posts: 1,847

Bikes: Motobecane Mirage fixed gear, Nashbar Alpha Road 5000, Bianchi Grizzly, Coppi Fiorelli, , Schwinn Trike, , GT All Terra, Old Peugeot, Nishiki 3 speed, Bugatti, Cannondale Black Lightning, Dura All, Bianchi Touring, Bridgestone T700 & more

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm jealous ^^^^^! I want a SR Litage MTB soooooooo bad! I want, I want, I want!!!!
That's a super sweet rig.
__________________
Originally Posted by CardiacKid View Post
We don't cotton to people who cut things off their bikes in these here parts.

Check out my bike blog!
kpug505 is offline  
Old 03-15-08, 11:26 PM
  #478  
Straightblock
Fast Old Guy
 
Straightblock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Central California
Posts: 431
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Here's my Stumpjumper Sport that I bought new in 1984. It's gone through a few evolutions to its current singlespeed status. Original cranks & pedals, front wheel & rear hub. It was a low budget conversion, and is running a 5 speed Pro Compe freewheel with just one threaded cog.

In my unfinished projects pile, I have 2 more frames, same model & same size. My long range goal is to return this bike to near-original as a 15 or 18 speed with the bullmoose bars & thumb shifters, build one of the frames as a singlespeed, and the other as a drop bar fat tire bike. If I ever finish, I'll be sure to post a pic.

Straightblock is offline  
Old 03-16-08, 04:35 PM
  #479  
dobber
Perineal Pressurized
 
dobber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In Ebritated
Posts: 6,555
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kpug505 View Post
I'm jealous ^^^^^! I want a SR Litage MTB soooooooo bad! I want, I want, I want!!!!
That's a super sweet rig.
I really like the setup. Ride is real stiff, bike is a whip.

It was an eBay find, $300. I've changed the wheelset, different stem, bars and saddle. Damn thing had a Phil Wood bottom bracket, Mavic Crank and those nifty frog leg Mafac brakes.

The neatest thing I discovered upon purchase was that the rear dropout was adjustable, from 130 to 135.
__________________
This is Africa, 1943. War spits out its violence overhead and the sandy graveyard swallows it up. Her name is King Nine, B-25, medium bomber, Twelfth Air Force. On a hot, still morning she took off from Tunisia to bomb the southern tip of Italy. An errant piece of flak tore a hole in a wing tank and, like a wounded bird, this is where she landed, not to return on this day, or any other day.
dobber is offline  
Old 03-16-08, 04:40 PM
  #480  
kpug505
Senior Member
 
kpug505's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Puyallup Washington
Posts: 1,847

Bikes: Motobecane Mirage fixed gear, Nashbar Alpha Road 5000, Bianchi Grizzly, Coppi Fiorelli, , Schwinn Trike, , GT All Terra, Old Peugeot, Nishiki 3 speed, Bugatti, Cannondale Black Lightning, Dura All, Bianchi Touring, Bridgestone T700 & more

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dobber View Post
I really like the setup. Ride is real stiff, bike is a whip.

It was an eBay find, $300. I've changed the wheelset, different stem, bars and saddle. Damn thing had a Phil Wood bottom bracket, Mavic Crank and those nifty frog leg Mafac brakes.

The neatest thing I discovered upon purchase was that the rear dropout was adjustable, from 130 to 135.
Sounds like it was a super nice rig............I'm on the lookout for one and hope to find a gold anodized roadbike as well. So cool.....
__________________
Originally Posted by CardiacKid View Post
We don't cotton to people who cut things off their bikes in these here parts.

Check out my bike blog!
kpug505 is offline  
Old 03-22-08, 12:54 AM
  #481  
mstrpete
Big Doofus
 
mstrpete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cascadia
Posts: 1,007

Bikes: Trek 830 MTB, Fuji S10-S

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I just got this at Goodwill-for $8.00:

'88/'89 Redline Conquest Two. Needs a bit of TLC, and maybe a paint job too.
mstrpete is offline  
Old 03-22-08, 08:00 AM
  #482  
roccobike
Bike Junkie
 
roccobike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: South of Raleigh, North of New Hill, East of Harris Lake, NC
Posts: 9,553

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac, Specialized Roubaix, Giant OCR-C, Specialized Stumpjumper FSR, Stumpjumper Comp, 88 & 92Nishiki Ariel, 87 Centurion Ironman, 92 Paramount, 84 Nishiki Medalist

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I like that paint job the way it is, it's a cool paint job, especially because the number of decals/stickers are understated on that bike. Maybe just touch up?
BTW that's a lot of bike for $8.
__________________
Roccobike BF Official Thread Terminator
roccobike is offline  
Old 03-22-08, 08:48 AM
  #483  
mstrpete
Big Doofus
 
mstrpete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cascadia
Posts: 1,007

Bikes: Trek 830 MTB, Fuji S10-S

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by roccobike View Post
I like that paint job the way it is, it's a cool paint job, especially because the number of decals/stickers are understated on that bike. Maybe just touch up?
BTW that's a lot of bike for $8.
If it were just two colors and not three, I wouldn't mind so much. I just can't look at it for too long before I start to twitch. There are some rusty spots that need touching up, though, and I've got time to figure it out.
And yes, that is a lot of bike for $8. Sugino Biopace cranks? 4130 cromoly? Heck, a bottle cage is $9 at the LBS.
mstrpete is offline  
Old 03-23-08, 04:49 PM
  #484  
sailorbenjamin 
26 tpi nut.
 
sailorbenjamin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Rhode Island (an obscure suburb of Connecticut)
Posts: 5,703

Bikes: one of each

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Huffy, made in USA. Free

I picked this up last summer just cause I didn't have a mountain bike and this one was free. the wheels kinda suck but it goes pretty good when I put my expensive wheels on it. It's even shiny.
I was gonna put it on Craigslist but I saw that it was made in USA. Then I thought there might be someone out there who likes that kind of thing. If that's you, email me, sailorbenjamin@yahoo.com, and you can have it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_0072.JPG (98.1 KB, 175 views)
sailorbenjamin is offline  
Old 03-23-08, 06:38 PM
  #485  
roccobike
Bike Junkie
 
roccobike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: South of Raleigh, North of New Hill, East of Harris Lake, NC
Posts: 9,553

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac, Specialized Roubaix, Giant OCR-C, Specialized Stumpjumper FSR, Stumpjumper Comp, 88 & 92Nishiki Ariel, 87 Centurion Ironman, 92 Paramount, 84 Nishiki Medalist

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
About 2 years ago I purchased a Nishiki Ariel elevated chain stay frame that came with a period correct Scott, Clark Kent suspension fork off of ebay. Over time, I built it into this bike.



When I received it, the fork was frozen so I had it rebuilt by All Star Bike in Cary, NC and they did a great job. Because of the costs of buying parts individually, I used a period correct, 1991 Fuji Discovery and a Mongoose from the late 90s as donor bikes to finish the Nishiki. Still, this project has well over $200 invested and many hours. Most of the components are period correct except the brakes and brake/shifter combos. I elected to use V brakes for their improved performance.
Once complete, I decided it's initial ride would be on a single track trail. To my surprise, the Scott fork performed very well. The bike is very stable on the trail, handling difficult sections as well as my 05 Rockhopper. There are a couple of changes that will be made, the first will be a change of stems to lift the bars at least 2 to 4 inches because the set up is more aggressive than my road bike. After riding for an hour, my gut hurt.
When I return to riding the trails, I'm hoping to fine tune this bike and ride it on some of the more aggresive areas. I'm not sure if I'm going to replace the Scott fork with a newer, oil damper fork or keep it. After all, it is kinda cool looking.
BTW: The Vetta Turbo saddle, that was hanging around my spare parts bin, is the correct saddle for early 90's Nishiki MTBs. Sometimes you just get lucky.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Nishiki Build 001.jpg (66.7 KB, 106 views)
File Type: jpg
Nishiki 1992 001.jpg (98.9 KB, 112 views)
File Type: jpg
Nishiki 1992 006.jpg (68.0 KB, 101 views)
File Type: jpg
Nishiki 1992 007.jpg (95.6 KB, 98 views)
__________________
Roccobike BF Official Thread Terminator

Last edited by roccobike; 03-23-08 at 06:46 PM.
roccobike is offline  
Old 03-23-08, 06:45 PM
  #486  
YoKev
hi
 
YoKev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Kingston, NY
Posts: 2,611
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
A guy I ride with has this steel Moots. I'll get a better picture sometime soon hopefully! Has double dropouts on the front fork.

YoKev is offline  
Old 03-24-08, 12:32 PM
  #487  
Mattscape
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hillsboro, NH
Posts: 4

Bikes: Hutch Trail Star

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi all, new to BF & was directed to this forum for info maybe... Well, I dunno if it's vintage but I've had this 1985 Hutch Trail Star for near 15 years - bought from a buddy who cleaned it up to get it rolling again. I bought it just to have a bike again. I don't know much about it - anyone else? The chrome is still okay overall but the forks are showing spotty rust! It's been in storage for at least 4 years just taken out today to take pics of. Needs a good cleaning & tune-up. How does one get started with a project like this & where do ya find parts???

Have Fun,
Matt
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
hutch2small.jpg (96.1 KB, 175 views)
Mattscape is offline  
Old 03-24-08, 05:01 PM
  #488  
East Hill
Lanky Lass
 
East Hill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Take a deep breath, and ask--What would Sheldon do?
Posts: 21,434

Bikes: Nishiki Nut! International, Pro, Olympic 12, Sport mixte, and others too numerous to mention.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mattscape View Post
Hi all, new to BF & was directed to this forum for info maybe... Well, I dunno if it's vintage but I've had this 1985 Hutch Trail Star for near 15 years - bought from a buddy who cleaned it up to get it rolling again. I bought it just to have a bike again. I don't know much about it - anyone else? The chrome is still okay overall but the forks are showing spotty rust! It's been in storage for at least 4 years just taken out today to take pics of. Needs a good cleaning & tune-up. How does one get started with a project like this & where do ya find parts???

Have Fun,
Matt
Rust...take a look at some of the threads on oxalic acid. Normal steps would be to clean up the drive train, scrub the old grease and oil off the cogs in the back, clean off chain, then relube all the surfaces with friction points. Open up the bottom bracket if you know how, and check the bearings. You will probably want to replace the brake and derailleur cables. That should get you started...sometimes the folks here can help with parts, if you know which ones you need, otherwise eBay is fairly reliable.

East Hill
__________________
___________________________________________________
TRY EMPATHY & HAVE LOVE IN YOUR HEART, PERHAPS I'LL SEE YOU ON THE ROAD...
East Hill is offline  
Old 03-24-08, 05:45 PM
  #489  
Lamplight
Senior Member
 
Lamplight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bellingham, WA
Posts: 2,773
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by roccobike View Post
About 2 years ago I purchased a Nishiki Ariel elevated chain stay frame that came with a period correct Scott, Clark Kent suspension fork off of ebay. Over time, I built it into this bike.



When I received it, the fork was frozen so I had it rebuilt by All Star Bike in Cary, NC and they did a great job. Because of the costs of buying parts individually, I used a period correct, 1991 Fuji Discovery and a Mongoose from the late 90s as donor bikes to finish the Nishiki. Still, this project has well over $200 invested and many hours. Most of the components are period correct except the brakes and brake/shifter combos. I elected to use V brakes for their improved performance.
Once complete, I decided it's initial ride would be on a single track trail. To my surprise, the Scott fork performed very well. The bike is very stable on the trail, handling difficult sections as well as my 05 Rockhopper. There are a couple of changes that will be made, the first will be a change of stems to lift the bars at least 2 to 4 inches because the set up is more aggressive than my road bike. After riding for an hour, my gut hurt.
When I return to riding the trails, I'm hoping to fine tune this bike and ride it on some of the more aggresive areas. I'm not sure if I'm going to replace the Scott fork with a newer, oil damper fork or keep it. After all, it is kinda cool looking.
BTW: The Vetta Turbo saddle, that was hanging around my spare parts bin, is the correct saddle for early 90's Nishiki MTBs. Sometimes you just get lucky.
I love those elevated chainstay Nishikis. I always wanted the Cascade with the eye-piercing neon yellow paint job. And if I ever come across an Alien FS, I plan to buy it no matter what. That's my all time favorite MTB. (A close second would be an early '90s Merlin with a plain black rigid fork. Geez I want one!)
Lamplight is offline  
Old 03-29-08, 10:32 PM
  #490  
epicurean
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Philadelphia's western 'burbs
Posts: 238

Bikes: '89 Bridgestone MB-3, '91 Bridgestone CB-0, '92 Bridgestone RB-2, '94 Bridgestone MB-2, '96 Trek 8000, '05 Jamis Dakar XC Expert

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Here's a Mongoose Hill-Topper from 1987. Suntour drivetrain and a Sakae "Oval-Tech" crankset.


epicurean is offline  
Old 03-29-08, 11:09 PM
  #491  
Sixty Fiver
Bicycle Repair Man !!!
 
Sixty Fiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: YEG
Posts: 27,266

Bikes: See my sig...

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My 1987 Kuwahara Cascade mtb / tourer... still fixed and now with drop bars.

I love this bike.





Sixty Fiver is offline  
Old 04-05-08, 10:11 PM
  #492  
luker
juneeaa memba!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: boogled up in...Idaho!
Posts: 5,632

Bikes: Crap. The box is not big enough...

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mattscape View Post
Hi all, new to BF & was directed to this forum for info maybe... Well, I dunno if it's vintage but I've had this 1985 Hutch Trail Star for near 15 years - bought from a buddy who cleaned it up to get it rolling again. I bought it just to have a bike again. I don't know much about it - anyone else? The chrome is still okay overall but the forks are showing spotty rust! It's been in storage for at least 4 years just taken out today to take pics of. Needs a good cleaning & tune-up. How does one get started with a project like this & where do ya find parts???

Have Fun,
Matt
Doesn't look like it needs much in the way of parts...although this forum, MTBR's forum, or eBay are all a good source for consumables like tires and chains, etc. Most of the stuff on this bike is easy to find replacements for. Let us know what you need!
luker is offline  
Old 04-06-08, 03:51 AM
  #493  
Bikedued
Senior Member
 
Bikedued's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 10,929
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm soon going to get a older Cannondale MTB. It's deore XT equipped with indexed thumb shifters. There isn't a model number on it anywhere that I could see? Logo on the head tube looks like a house in white.
Paint is red in color. Any idea what year it might be?,,,,BD
__________________
So many bikes, so little dime.
Bikedued is offline  
Old 04-06-08, 05:44 AM
  #494  
cs1
Senior Member
 
cs1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Clev Oh
Posts: 6,931

Bikes: Specialized, Schwinn

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I picked this up to strip it for it's parts. When I unpacked it, I couldn't believe how nice it was. Now I can't decide to keep it or strip it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_1289.JPG (63.0 KB, 294 views)
File Type: jpg
IMG_1290.JPG (76.5 KB, 138 views)
File Type: jpg
IMG_1291.JPG (52.2 KB, 138 views)
File Type: jpg
IMG_1292.JPG (62.9 KB, 136 views)
cs1 is offline  
Old 04-06-08, 07:00 AM
  #495  
retrofit 
4.6692016090
 
retrofit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Monterey Peninsula, California
Posts: 1,601

Bikes: yes

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Bikedued View Post
I'm soon going to get a older Cannondale MTB. It's deore XT equipped with indexed thumb shifters. There isn't a model number on it anywhere that I could see? Logo on the head tube looks like a house in white.
Paint is red in color. Any idea what year it might be?,,,,BD
According to Vintage Cannondale the house headbadge was used from '83 - '89. Check out the catalogs there--looks like Deore XT was used for their mountain bikes in 88 and 89. Also check the bottom bracket for a 2-letter code and 4 numbers. If from 88 or 89 the code should be FF or GG, according to the website.


stan
.
retrofit is offline  
Old 04-06-08, 07:39 AM
  #496  
YoKev
hi
 
YoKev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Kingston, NY
Posts: 2,611
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cs1 View Post
I picked this up to strip it for it's parts. When I unpacked it, I couldn't believe how nice it was. Now I can't decide to keep it or strip it.
That is a really nice bike...keep it! Put some drop bars on it and make your own version of the Specialized Rock Combo
YoKev is offline  
Old 04-06-08, 09:34 AM
  #497  
cs1
Senior Member
 
cs1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Clev Oh
Posts: 6,931

Bikes: Specialized, Schwinn

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by kevinsubaru View Post
That is a really nice bike...keep it! Put some drop bars on it and make your own version of the Specialized Rock Combo
That was an idea. I have a set of Shimano barcons in the hard to find 7sp. I was going to get a Nitto Technomic stem and moustache bars like the Bridgestone. Dirt Drops would work also. On One Midge bars look nice. The group is super clean the only problem is the rubber O-rings on the QR is starting to dry rot. Anyone ever have any luck finding a replacement at the hardware store?

Tim
cs1 is offline  
Old 04-06-08, 10:10 AM
  #498  
Sirrus Rider
Velocommuter Commando
 
Sirrus Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,648

Bikes: '88 Specialized Sirrus, '89 Alpine Monitor Pass, two '70 Raligh Twenties, '07 Schwinn Town & Country Trike, '07 Specialized Sirrus Hybrid

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 3 Times in 1 Post


Here is my commuter bike a '89 Alpine Monitor Pass made of Tange Prestige tubing. Cranks and drive train are Shimano Deore, Suzue hubs, chrome Araya rims, and a Brooks Conquest Saddle. The bike originally had a Tioga T-bone Stem, but it was a little long and definitely didn't work for commuter duty. It got replaced with an unlabeled adjustable road stem from Boone Cyclery here in Houston, Texas.
Sirrus Rider is offline  
Old 04-06-08, 10:16 AM
  #499  
epicurean
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Philadelphia's western 'burbs
Posts: 238

Bikes: '89 Bridgestone MB-3, '91 Bridgestone CB-0, '92 Bridgestone RB-2, '94 Bridgestone MB-2, '96 Trek 8000, '05 Jamis Dakar XC Expert

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
[QUOTE=Sirrus Rider;6470484
Here is my commuter bike a '89 Alpine Monitor Pass made of Tange Prestige tubing. Cranks and drive train are Shimano Deore, Suzue hubs, chrome Araya rims, and a Brooks Conquest Saddle. The bike originally had a Tioga T-bone Stem, but it was a little long and definitely didn't work for commuter duty. It got replaced with an unlabeled adjustable road stem from Boone Cyclery here in Houston, Texas.[/QUOTE]

Very cool! It's always nice to see an old MTB, that might otherwise be relegated to the dustbin, reborn into such a purposeful machine. That bike looks ready for anything. It has the same classic appeal as a Swiss Army knife.
epicurean is offline  
Old 04-06-08, 10:31 AM
  #500  
luker
juneeaa memba!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: boogled up in...Idaho!
Posts: 5,632

Bikes: Crap. The box is not big enough...

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yeah, swiss army knife was the first thing I thought too. Then it was Transformer. What does this thing open up into...a GMC pickup truck or something?
luker is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.