Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

eBay / CraigsList finds - "Are you looking for one of these!?" Part II

Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.
View Poll Results: ...
a
1
100.00%
b
1
100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

eBay / CraigsList finds - "Are you looking for one of these!?" Part II

Old 01-11-16, 07:52 PM
  #32001  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: E Wa
Posts: 557
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
https://spokane.craigslist.org/bik/5398373877.html

Serotta Colorado for $450

Falcon3 is offline  
Old 01-11-16, 07:55 PM
  #32002  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 269
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked 72 Times in 32 Posts
Raleigh road bike



Looks like a pretty nice Raleigh at a good price. I emailed the seller and found out it's a 56cm frame. Too small for me, but thought someone else here might be interested in it.
j_e_r_e_m_y is offline  
Old 01-11-16, 08:38 PM
  #32003  
PM me your cotters
 
francophile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: ATL
Posts: 3,241
Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1137 Post(s)
Liked 588 Times in 420 Posts
Some French love from Goodwill:

Nice vintage Mercier late 60s/early 70s? Only $9 right now in the PACNW (Spokane). Gonna have some kickstand crush, but i mean, FFS, $9.99? Worth over 20x that! Someone up there go win it for me, it's my size!: shopgoodwill.com - #26860361 - Vntg. Mercier Lite Blue Road Bike-PICK UP ONLY - 1/14/2016 12:02:30 PM



Moto Mixte, also $9, no bids, fenders are in disarray, also in Spokane: shopgoodwill.com - #26860488 - Motobecane Made In France Road Bike-REPAIRS-PU - 1/14/2016 12:06:14 PM



I dunno why nobody ever wants the mid-80s P8s in this metallic maroon color, but ... Also $9, pickup in San Jose/Silicon Valley area. A few stock parts changed: shopgoodwill.com - #26886016 - Peugeot Carbolite 103 27 inch 3465614 P8 57 bike - 1/13/2016 6:06:00 PM

francophile is offline  
Old 01-11-16, 08:58 PM
  #32004  
Senior Member
 
jeirvine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Baltimore MD
Posts: 3,331

Bikes: '72 Motobecane Grand Record, '72 Gitane tandem, '72 Raleigh Super Course, '73 Raleigh Gran Sport, '73 Colnago Super, '76 Fiorelli Coppi, '78 Raleigh SBDU Team Pro, '78 Trek 930, '81 Holdsworth Special 650B, '86 Masi GC, ’94 Bridgestone RB-T

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 786 Post(s)
Liked 517 Times in 280 Posts
Originally Posted by j_e_r_e_m_y
Raleigh road bike



Looks like a pretty nice Raleigh at a good price. I emailed the seller and found out it's a 56cm frame. Too small for me, but thought someone else here might be interested in it.
Nice. That's a one-year-only 1973 RRA. Cool find and great price.
__________________
The man who dies with the most toys…is dead. - Rootboy
jeirvine is offline  
Old 01-11-16, 09:21 PM
  #32005  
Senior Member
 
CuttersRidge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NM & MN
Posts: 542
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Agreed, if that was a one year deal, whoah, maybe the price should be higher at that. That is a very nice Raleigh.
CuttersRidge is offline  
Old 01-11-16, 09:23 PM
  #32006  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 269
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked 72 Times in 32 Posts
Originally Posted by jeirvine
Nice. That's a one-year-only 1973 RRA. Cool find and great price.
Glad to find out I was right about it being something special - those Campy dropouts made me think it had to be pretty nice. I emailed the seller pointing those out, and suggested he could get more for it after I realized it wouldn't fit me, but by then he had removed the email option from his ad. If someone else doesn't scoop this up soon, I may have to be a jerk and try to flip it.
j_e_r_e_m_y is offline  
Old 01-11-16, 10:04 PM
  #32007  
Senior Member
 
CuttersRidge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NM & MN
Posts: 542
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
New Hampshire/Vermont(if applicable as someone corrected me) with some more good deals.

$25 project bike but it looks like it has most everything, needs RD and chain it says so if someone was nearby, a good deal, a Peugot, I don't know why it is not reading out: https://nh.craigslist.org/bik/5397526258.html

https://nh.craigslist.org/bik/5331736946.html Astra with Pryma saddle in Leather(?), it looks like it, nice Mixte-ish bike, 20 inches... so big enough for many men to use.

Schwinn Madison: https://nh.craigslist.org/bik/5367632740.html
CuttersRidge is offline  
Old 01-11-16, 10:16 PM
  #32008  
PM me your cotters
 
francophile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: ATL
Posts: 3,241
Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1137 Post(s)
Liked 588 Times in 420 Posts
Originally Posted by CuttersRidge
$25 project bike but it looks like it has most everything, needs RD and chain it says so if someone was nearby, a good deal, a Peugot, I don't know why it is not reading out: https://nh.craigslist.org/bik/5397526258.html
Looks like a Tourmalet. That's a steal and a half. I just picked up one from NH in never-ridden condition for 6 times that
francophile is offline  
Old 01-11-16, 11:38 PM
  #32009  
Senior Member
 
CuttersRidge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NM & MN
Posts: 542
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I read Sheldon Brown said cheap Chiorda bicycles had a Pletscher plate on the seat stays, that's how you could tell it's cheap.

Looks like a Pletscher bicycle has a Pletscher plate on the seat stays. I never knew they ever made a bike, this CL ad claims this is a Pletscher bike, unique but I doubt anyone here would really in particular wish to have such a bike. One picture. And does the kickstand almost look as long as the chainstay? Pletscher I think made/makes kickstands too.



Even the handlebar, wrapped like this throws me a bit:

RARE pletscher mens 10 speed vintage
CuttersRidge is offline  
Old 01-12-16, 12:45 AM
  #32010  
Full Member
 
Tulok's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Logan, UT
Posts: 418
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by CuttersRidge
I read Sheldon Brown said cheap Chiorda bicycles had a Pletscher plate on the seat stays, that's how you could tell it's cheap.

Looks like a Pletscher bicycle has a Pletscher plate on the seat stays. I never knew they ever made a bike, this CL ad claims this is a Pletscher bike, unique but I doubt anyone here would really in particular wish to have such a bike. One picture. And does the kickstand almost look as long as the chainstay? Pletscher I think made/makes kickstands too.



Even the handlebar, wrapped like this throws me a bit:

RARE pletscher mens 10 speed vintage
That would make a cool path-road styled bike frame

Bicycles: Road Bikes Classifieds for Utah, Idaho, and Wyoming | ksl.com
$100 '40's Hercules in utah
Tulok is offline  
Old 01-12-16, 06:40 AM
  #32011  
Senior Member
 
plonz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Western MI
Posts: 2,767
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 655 Post(s)
Liked 467 Times in 301 Posts
Fresh powder coat treatment on this Ciocc frameset. SLX tubing makes this pretty attractive.

60cm Ciocc frame and fork
plonz is offline  
Old 01-12-16, 09:55 AM
  #32012  
Senior Member
 
jet sanchEz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 8,067
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 947 Post(s)
Liked 850 Times in 386 Posts
That's some pretty thick powder coat, all the nice details of the frame are lost.



Same here with this lovely Bates on eBay

~ 24 1/2" Bates Hellenic Diadrant ~ | eBay



jet sanchEz is offline  
Old 01-12-16, 11:16 AM
  #32013  
Senior Member
 
CuttersRidge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NM & MN
Posts: 542
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Though that paint job may well pour it on a bit too much, sometimes a nice thick paint job looks nice IMHO. An interesting contrast alright. Maybe on a frame that isn't such high quality.
CuttersRidge is offline  
Old 01-12-16, 11:32 AM
  #32014  
Senior Member
 
eastbay71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 681

Bikes: the bikes own me

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by francophile
Some French love from Goodwill:

Nice vintage Mercier late 60s/early 70s? Only $9 right now in the PACNW (Spokane). Gonna have some kickstand crush, but i mean, FFS, $9.99? Worth over 20x that! Someone up there go win it for me, it's my size!: shopgoodwill.com - #26860361 - Vntg. Mercier Lite Blue Road Bike-PICK UP ONLY - 1/14/2016 12:02:30 PM



Moto Mixte, also $9, no bids, fenders are in disarray, also in Spokane: shopgoodwill.com - #26860488 - Motobecane Made In France Road Bike-REPAIRS-PU - 1/14/2016 12:06:14 PM



I dunno why nobody ever wants the mid-80s P8s in this metallic maroon color, but ... Also $9, pickup in San Jose/Silicon Valley area. A few stock parts changed: shopgoodwill.com - #26886016 - Peugeot Carbolite 103 27 inch 3465614 P8 57 bike - 1/13/2016 6:06:00 PM

Someone needs to help Goodwill sell their bikes. Its probably handled by volunteers but its unfortunate a charity is losing out on money because of lousy pictures and poor descriptions. If they spent a small amount of effort to clean them and do minor repairs like putting fenders back on and tightening wheel bolts they could probably get much more than $10.00
eastbay71 is offline  
Old 01-12-16, 12:52 PM
  #32015  
Disco Infiltrator
 
Darth Lefty's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Folsom CA
Posts: 13,446

Bikes: Stormchaser, Paramount, Tilt, Samba tandem

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3126 Post(s)
Liked 2,102 Times in 1,366 Posts
Univega Gran Turismo touring road bike project - fifty bucks



I got this is a project and don't have time to work on it. It needs wheels and a full restoration. The shifters, brakes, derailleurs, etc are all there. size is 54cm medium. Seat post, crank, and headset move freely. Nothing is stuck. Moderate rust. Price is firm.
__________________
Genesis 49:16-17
Darth Lefty is offline  
Old 01-12-16, 06:29 PM
  #32016  
Senior Member
 
Narhay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Posts: 3,696
Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 956 Post(s)
Liked 568 Times in 314 Posts
Originally Posted by musicdiver
Classic Raleigh
Vancouver BC $500CAD ($350 USD - what a time to be near the border!) tall copper Raleigh International with Brooks saddle. They say 'all original except wheels and seat' but clearly not a campy derailleur (looks like Shimano 600 Arabesque rd & shifters). Looks like the paint is in nice condition.
24.5" C-T seat tube. Too tall for me.
Narhay is offline  
Old 01-12-16, 07:03 PM
  #32017  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: STP
Posts: 14,491
Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 821 Post(s)
Liked 255 Times in 142 Posts
Originally Posted by plonz
Fresh powder coat treatment on this Ciocc frameset. SLX tubing makes this pretty attractive.

60cm Ciocc frame and fork
Thick, gooey Elmer's Glue.

I'm definitely no fan of powdercoat in many, many cases.
gomango is offline  
Old 01-12-16, 07:08 PM
  #32018  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 833

Bikes: '68 Raleigh Suberbe, '92 (German) Centurion Equipe, '85 Schwinn Peloton, 1983ish Zunow Road Racer project, '69 Squanch Super Tourer, 1980 Bianchi Super Corsa, '82 Austro-Daimler Vent Noir, '89 Miyata 914 project, 1982ish Bianchi Rallye

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 294 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by eastbay71
Someone needs to help Goodwill sell their bikes. Its probably handled by volunteers but its unfortunate a charity is losing out on money because of lousy pictures and poor descriptions. If they spent a small amount of effort to clean them and do minor repairs like putting fenders back on and tightening wheel bolts they could probably get much more than $10.00
That's just the price now. By the time the auction ends the prices aren't that low. The website isn't a secret any longer. Also most shops don't ship, so the best deals are to be had by locals and people who find facilitators.

Anyway, don't feel sorry for them: they are raking it in! Imagine all the stuff that sold for a pittance in-store before they even had auctions. They sell daily thousand-dollar watches and art now thanks to competitive bidding.

Last edited by artclone; 01-12-16 at 07:27 PM.
artclone is offline  
Old 01-12-16, 07:17 PM
  #32019  
Senior Member
 
juvela's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Alta California
Posts: 14,245
Mentioned: 415 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3804 Post(s)
Liked 3,327 Times in 2,171 Posts
Originally Posted by CuttersRidge
I read Sheldon Brown said cheap Chiorda bicycles had a Pletscher plate on the seat stays, that's how you could tell it's cheap.

Looks like a Pletscher bicycle has a Pletscher plate on the seat stays. I never knew they ever made a bike, this CL ad claims this is a Pletscher bike, unique but I doubt anyone here would really in particular wish to have such a bike. One picture. And does the kickstand almost look as long as the chainstay? Pletscher I think made/makes kickstands too.



Even the handlebar, wrapped like this throws me a bit:

RARE pletscher mens 10 speed vintage
it is difficult to tell for sure from the lo-res image but i suspect cycle frame is actually a Kalkhoff. they built with Agrati lugs, crowns, and bulge-formed heads paired with Pletscher plate style bridges. missing bb fittings may have been Thun.

here is one which looks to date from ~1972:

Amazing GERMAN1960 1970's Kalkhoff Super Sport 10 Speed Racer Bike Like Schwinn | eBay
juvela is offline  
Old 01-12-16, 08:28 PM
  #32020  
PM me your cotters
 
francophile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: ATL
Posts: 3,241
Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1137 Post(s)
Liked 588 Times in 420 Posts
Euro market Peugeot PVN10, this is one notch below PX10, for $360 shipped and in exceptional shape... this is a deal (for now)
Exceptional, Vintage 1981 Peugeot Super Competition Road Bike - All Original

francophile is offline  
Old 01-12-16, 09:21 PM
  #32021  
Senior Member
 
exmechanic89's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Richmond VA area
Posts: 2,618

Bikes: '00 Koga Miyata Full Pro Oval Road bike.

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 475 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by francophile
Euro market Peugeot PVN10, this is one notch below PX10, for $360 shipped and in exceptional shape... this is a deal (for now)
Exceptional, Vintage 1981 Peugeot Super Competition Road Bike - All Original

That's a beauty, alright.
exmechanic89 is offline  
Old 01-12-16, 09:48 PM
  #32022  
Champion of the Low End
 
Primitive Don's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Culver, IN
Posts: 851

Bikes: I have some bikes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 11 Posts
Late 80s Lotus Excelle in Milwaukee. I had this frame, one size smaller in red. This one is probably the right size. If only I didn't already have a bicycle

1987 Lotus Excelle Sport series
Primitive Don is offline  
Old 01-12-16, 09:50 PM
  #32023  
Senior Member
 
CuttersRidge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NM & MN
Posts: 542
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by juvela
it is difficult to tell for sure from the lo-res image but i suspect cycle frame is actually a Kalkhoff. they built with Agrati lugs, crowns, and bulge-formed heads paired with Pletscher plate style bridges. missing bb fittings may have been Thun.

here is one which looks to date from ~1972:

Amazing GERMAN1960 1970's Kalkhoff Super Sport 10 Speed Racer Bike Like Schwinn | eBay
Thanks for the information!

Nice looking bicycle.

Last edited by CuttersRidge; 01-12-16 at 10:32 PM.
CuttersRidge is offline  
Old 01-12-16, 09:54 PM
  #32024  
Senior Member
 
CuttersRidge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NM & MN
Posts: 542
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Primitive Don
Late 80s Lotus Excelle in Milwaukee. I had this frame, one size smaller in red. This one is probably the right size. If only I didn't already have a bicycle

1987 Lotus Excelle Sport series
Nice, there is a vintage Lotus website: Vintage Lotus Bicycles Home Page I think I had a Lotus Elan

Excelle: https://www.vintagelotusbicycles.com/...e_Bicycle.html

Last edited by CuttersRidge; 01-12-16 at 09:59 PM.
CuttersRidge is offline  
Old 01-12-16, 10:28 PM
  #32025  
Senior Member
 
CuttersRidge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NM & MN
Posts: 542
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts


Maruishi Emperor Road Bike (58cm)

Maruishi Emperor 10 Speed Road Bike
58cm Cro Moly Frame
27" Araya Aluminum Alloy Quick Release Wheelset
Shimano 600 Derailers/Bar End Shifters
Shimano Tourney Center Pull Brakes
Original Nagaoka Aluminum Rear Cargo Rack

Pretty darn nice, Bar end shifters, mirror and that nice rear rack.

Next, I like the Raleigh look of this BCA, Bicycle Company of America bike though, it may well not be anything special.

Supra:

mens supra road bike
CuttersRidge is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.